2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
xReVo
xReVo

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Alex_Z wrote:
18 May 2024, 18:24
There was no mechanical damage to the car. Alonso struggled all weekend lets cut the excuses and praise Stroll for getting the most out of the car
Look at your comment I was waiting for it, I missed you, you know? However the matter is very simple, Alonso doesn't have a good setup and he doesn't have a car that satisfies him and this happens. It happens to all drivers.

danypons8

We dont know whjere is the car now With Alonso out.
But tomorrow will be a good day for test the tyres and the race pace with this new parts.
Team need interprete the race for be better for next circuits, and improve it.
But i think now Aston Martin is back of RB.

Red Bull-McLaren-Ferrari-Mercedes-RB-Aston Martin-Haas-Alpine-Williams-Sauber

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

xReVo wrote:
18 May 2024, 18:40
Alex_Z wrote:
18 May 2024, 18:24
There was no mechanical damage to the car. Alonso struggled all weekend lets cut the excuses and praise Stroll for getting the most out of the car
Look at your comment I was waiting for it, I missed you, you know? However the matter is very simple, Alonso doesn't have a good setup and he doesn't have a car that satisfies him and this happens. It happens to all drivers.
True, but you should allocate some of the blame to the driver for that.

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

Didn’t watch the qualy, was there a problem with Alonso‘s car, or not?

Joseki
Joseki

MichaelxScarn wrote:
18 May 2024, 19:47
There was an undisclosed problem on the last run that was aborted.

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

Joseki wrote:
18 May 2024, 19:50
MichaelxScarn wrote:
18 May 2024, 19:47
There was an undisclosed problem on the last run that was aborted.
Thanks for the info!

Jambier

Disappointed as you are all.

Strange what is happening, season is very long and if they are as bad as 2023 for upgrades… then even Alpine will be a threat.

In the other hand Vcarb is progressing at each races, and will finish ahead if it continues.

Let’s hope for something happening at the factory that can fix this trend.

I dream of a McLaren kind of upgrades

xReVo
xReVo

Jambier wrote:
18 May 2024, 20:02

Strange what is happening, season is very long and if they are as bad as 2023 for upgrades… then even Alpine will be a threat.

In the other hand Vcarb is progressing at each races, and will finish ahead if it continues.

McLaren had started badly last year and they had declared that their season would start in Baku, where they would bring a big upgrade, a McLaren-B. Except those updates don't have worked for nothing, their season then began in Austria where they took over some Aston Martin concepts and from then on they separated us. I don't know what happened to Woking, many say the new wind tunnel, but I think there is more.

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:09
diffuser wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:01
SchuMassa wrote:
18 May 2024, 16:57

Probably broke the floor
Yep heard that. Alonso said "we go now? Engineer said ¨ box box", like there was a problem. Alonso asked why and it no answer ...just "box".
Aside all the problems, set-ups ecc... if we put the car in the best conditions, the car is still SLOW : no pace no balance no tyre optimization since BAHRAIN.

It is ok to be optimistic every race and we understood we are not fighting this years for podiums. But we cannot keep missing the upgrades. Both TORO ROSSO are in Q3 today a team that is indeed sister company of Red Bull but with half of Aston Martin talents and capabilities. HAAS the same, they put a car in Q3 almost every race.

Someone at ASTON need to take responsibility for their big paychek they are receiving and stop selling us optimism every interview.
AMR said competitive for 2026. Not sure where you're getting where they're selling us anything sooner.

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
18 May 2024, 20:35
Jambier wrote:

McLaren had started badly last year and they had declared that their season would start in Baku, where they would bring a big upgrade, a McLaren-B. Except those updates don't have worked for nothing, their season then began in Austria where they took over some Aston Martin concepts and from then on they separated us. I don't know what happened to Woking, many say the new wind tunnel, but I think there is more.
Alonso said that the upgrades to fix the deg issues weren't these upgrades, coming later. Another AMR guy said the deg issues are from lack of DF at the rear. Put that with a ton of slow corners at Imola and you get this mess. I presume Monaco will be the same.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Monaco should be a lot better. We were the best in heavy traction zones in saudi qualy. Hopefully when we dump all extra downforce we should be better

It’s crazy alonso was p3 in wet and dry qualy in China. Feels like an age ago

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

xReVo wrote:
18 May 2024, 20:35
Jambier wrote:

Nothing miracles happened in Woking ,is happened since UK...

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

It's amazing how bad are at AM with upgrades. It seems they're absolutely wrong in anything they design. I don't know if it's because of the wind tunnel or just that their engineers are clueless... But facing the facts of last season and the starting of this one, one can only say that they were wrong almost in every little part they've dropped into the car.

Here where I live, it has started to be a normal joke, to talk about something that goes the contrary way as expected as "Aston Martin upgrades". It's good for laughs, but honestly, it's getting really frustrating.

xReVo
xReVo

SSJ4 wrote:
18 May 2024, 21:09
Monaco should be a lot better. We were the best in heavy traction zones in saudi qualy. Hopefully when we dump all extra downforce we should be better

It’s crazy alonso was p3 in wet and dry qualy in China. Feels like an age ago
You have to forget about China, it's an atypical circuit, where I had already predicted that Alonso is a speed monster. It is not to be taken into consideration

Nikosar
Nikosar

diffuser wrote:
18 May 2024, 20:55
Nikosar wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:09
diffuser wrote:
18 May 2024, 17:01

Yep heard that. Alonso said "we go now? Engineer said ¨ box box", like there was a problem. Alonso asked why and it no answer ...just "box".
Aside all the problems, set-ups ecc... if we put the car in the best conditions, the car is still SLOW : no pace no balance no tyre optimization since BAHRAIN.

It is ok to be optimistic every race and we understood we are not fighting this years for podiums. But we cannot keep missing the upgrades. Both TORO ROSSO are in Q3 today a team that is indeed sister company of Red Bull but with half of Aston Martin talents and capabilities. HAAS the same, they put a car in Q3 almost every race.

Someone at ASTON need to take responsibility for their big paychek they are receiving and stop selling us optimism every interview.
AMR said competitive for 2026. Not sure where you're getting where they're selling us anything sooner.
YOU are the most optimistic of this forum but the realty is :

Dan Fallows : " « I would describe the AMR24 as a significant evolution of last year's car, and it looks quite different with many new parts to give us a solid foundation for development," he said. »« The chassis design is new, as well as the nose, front wing, front suspension, and rear suspension. We want to compete in the development race this season and this car is designed to do just that. » "

Also HIS quote « Red Bull is absolutely beatable »

Later in the season he stated : "So, you want to make sure when you bring an update that it does perform in all the different conditions."
"It's been a learning experience and I think we have a bit more confidence now that these upgrades do work.

( There is no track since Bahrain where the car fitted the circuit )

Krack : "A change at Imola to 'close the gap' with the leaders"

You can listen to every interview they do and see yourself.

Tom mccullough is the only one at Aston, who keeps his feet on the ground

Honda want a win in 2026 not a competitive car.... they been clear about it.