2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mkay
mkay

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Dunlay wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:40
mkay wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:37
HAM was faster than RUS in race pace. Would have probably passed him on track if it wasn't for going offtrack at Acqua Minerali.
Did we watch the same race?
On hards, he was absolutely faster. Got the gap down from over 9 seconds to about 3.5 seconds in about 15 laps.

Had HAM not lost 5 seconds going off track, he would have absolutely been in RUS' gearbox. Whether he would have passed him on track, who knows.

RUS did not have good pace on those hards which is why his engineer offered a late pit stop at the cost of track position.
Last edited by mkay on 19 May 2024, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

SKYnRacing24

For someone who goes in on Ham, Even with that mistake his race pace was beast. Russell got shook and decided to pit expecting Lewis to do the same lool what a plank
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

j_ste
j_ste

Massively ahead of the fifth best car...comfortably behind the 3rd best car.

And shedding a tear ( in pride and jealousy ) watching the McLaren do what we should be doing.

Dunlay
Dunlay

mkay wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:44
Dunlay wrote:
mkay wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:37
HAM was faster than RUS in race pace. Would have probably passed him on track if it wasn't for going offtrack at Acqua Minerali.
On hards, he was absolutely faster. Got the gap down from over 9 seconds to about 3.5 seconds in about 15 laps.

Had HAM not lost 5 seconds going off track, he would have absolutely been in RUS' gearbox. Whether he would have passed him on track, who knows.

RUS did not have good pace on those hards which is why his engineer offered a late pit stop at the cost of track position.
Mercedes is in no man's land and there is no premium for pushing. It's not even a contest between the two of them as the last moment strategy shows. Race pace is a useless parameter to judge them on currently. If that makes some feel better, then yeah.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Strange decision by Russell. If it were me I would have definitely stayed out on the hards and dragged it to the flag hoping to keep Lewis behind. On a track that is so hard to overtake I don’t think Lewis would have passed him. Gave an easy win to Lewis in the end. Not a good sign and a lack of mental toughness for the future team leader.

mkay
mkay

Dunlay wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:52
mkay wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

Mercedes is in no man's land and there is no premium for pushing. It's not even a contest between the two of them as the last moment strategy shows. Race pace is a useless parameter to judge them on currently. If that makes some feel better, then yeah.
If that makes you feel better... RUS had to pit because he was not comfortable on the hard tyre.

Hammerfist wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:54
Strange decision by Russell. If it were me I would have definitely stayed out on the hards and dragged it to the flag hoping to keep Lewis behind. On a track that is so hard to overtake I don’t think Lewis would have passed him. Gave an easy win to Lewis in the end. Not a good sign and a lack of mental toughness for the future team leader.
With PER in the mix it was a now-or-never situation with RUS I’m guessing.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Luscion
Luscion

Today might not reflect it with points but its gotta be somewhat encouraging for them with lewis matching Max's pace in the second stint, considering max himself said he had to push the whole race so it wasnt against a Max who was just cruising infront

SKYnRacing24

Dunlay wrote:
mkay wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

:lol: the cope is real. When its qualy your all over it but when ham finishes ahead in the races, out comes the delusional soup juice. Russell doesn't have it in racepace it was proven in miami and in a majority of races in 22 and 23.

The fact you used " Race pace " is a useless parameter is quite frankly. A DISGRACE. Race pace is what makes you win races let alone championships.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Dunlay
Dunlay

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:08
Dunlay wrote:
mkay wrote:

:lol: the cope is real. When its qualy your all over it but when ham finishes ahead in the races, out comes the delusional soup juice. Russell doesn't have it in racepace it was proven in miami and in a majority of races in 22 and 23.

The fact you used " Race pace " is a useless parameter is quite frankly. A DISGRACE. Race pace is what makes you win races let alone championships.
So you agree Russell beat Hamilton fair and square on race pace in 2022 and is currently ahead in 2024? Unlike some Hamilton cultists, I am not blind and those stats mean nothing to me as a genuine Hamilton fan.

Luscion
Luscion

can we not turn this into a ham v rus poop flinging contest every race weekend? today russell was faster in the first stint by about 0.3 secs, Hamilton was around 0.6 secs faster in the second stint

xaero
xaero

Dunlay wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:10
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

So you agree Russell beat Hamilton fair and square on race pace in 2022 and is currently ahead in 2024? Unlike some Hamilton cultists, I am not blind and those stats mean nothing to me as a genuine Hamilton fan.
Genuine Hamilton fan :lol: :lol:
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Russell had a puncture ? Why did he pit ?

Dunlay
Dunlay

xaero wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:21
Dunlay wrote:
19 May 2024, 17:10
SKYnRacing24 wrote:

Genuine Hamilton fan :lol: :lol:
There are two categories. Overzealous and Genuine. For Overzealous fans, it's all about winning the argument on Internet with strangers.

Cs98
Cs98

Hammerfist wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:54
Didn't follow his race, did he make the call to box? On this track it feels like he could've kept him behind even if Lewis was on slightly fresher rubber.
Elite wrote:
19 May 2024, 16:57
Proven wrong and so you talk rubbish Dunlay :lol:

Go back to the max worshipping red bull thread you tool \:D/
We don't need your abuse here.