2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Max Practices a lot. That's all he does. He races. He participated in an E-sport 24 hr race after qualifying i heard. If solid snake were an F1 driver he would be Max. Raised from a child by racer parents to be an F1 star. He will be very hard for a normal person like Lando and Charles to beat. I don't see either of them beating bim actualy.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

CHT
CHT

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 02:24
Max Practices a lot. That's all he does. He races. He participated in an E-sport 24 hr race after qualifying i heard. If solid snake were an F1 driver he would be Max. Raised from a child by racer parents to be an F1 star. He will be very hard for a normal person like Lando and Charles to beat. I don't see either of them beating bim actualy.
Max work rate as a F1 drivers is hard to beat because he has very little distraction outside of racing. As a driver, he set the bar very high and I doubt any F1 drivers, past and present, will be able to keep up with him.
Most win per season, Most pole, Most consecutives win, Most consecutive pole.

The reason he can do this (other than the car) is his speed, consistency and competitive instinct. Max will go down in history as the GOAT and I wont be surprise he will surpass LH and MS record of 7xWDC, perhaps even 9xWDC if his current or future team can provide the machinery.

2024 season will be Mclaren vs RB season. Perez is now under pressure to deliver the WCC for sure and I think Mclaren may just finish the season as runner up in the WCC.

BMMR61

CHT wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 02:39
Max work rate as a F1 drivers is hard to beat because he has very little distraction outside of racing. As a driver, he set the bar very high and I doubt any F1 drivers, past and present, will be able to keep up with him.
Aren't most of the new breed single minded? Lando perhaps a bit distracted, Piastri looks to be deadly serious almost to the point of boring (but I like the kid!) Yeah Max is one deadly race unit. That's what I came over here to say from McLaren, (even if we can't be friends LOL) a hearty congratulations to the driver and team who know how to win and retain the desire, no NEED, to keep winning. That was a hell of a defensive drive at the end and everyone enjoyed it to the full. Whether this signals McLaren are about on a par, it's too early to tell but their trajectory is, shall we say, quite good.

CHT
CHT

BMMR61 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 03:18
Aren't most of the new breed single minded? Lando perhaps a bit distracted, Piastri looks to be deadly serious almost to the point of boring (but I like the kid!) Yeah Max is one deadly race unit. That's what I came over here to say from McLaren, (even if we can't be friends LOL) a hearty congratulations to the driver and team who know how to win and retain the desire, no NEED, to keep winning. That was a hell of a defensive drive at the end and everyone enjoyed it to the full. Whether this signals McLaren are about on a par, it's too early to tell but their trajectory is, shall we say, quite good.
Piastri will be hard to succeed in a team like Mclaren because Lando being a British will be their no. 1.
Piastri is still very young, give it a few more years and I think he may end up at RB due to Mark Webber's relationship with RB.

The key to Max domination is his consistency. If you look at his qualifying, he is always going quicker and quicker lap after lap. Very rarely he will slip up on his last run. I think in China he didnt quite nail the last lap I think, but still quick enough for pole.

BMMR61

20 May 2024, 04:07
BMMR61 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 03:18

Piastri will be hard to succeed in a team like Mclaren because Lando being a British will be their no. 1.
Piastri is still very young, give it a few more years and I think he may end up at RB due to Mark Webber's relationship with RB.

The key to Max domination is his consistency. If you look at his qualifying, he is always going quicker and quicker lap after lap. Very rarely he will slip up on his last run. I think in China he didnt quite nail the last lap I think, but still quick enough for pole.
I think the McLaren driver mix is great - at least for the time being. Lando is quite a sensitive human being, Oscar rather cool and logical in his approach. Oscar in particular is happy for his teammate to be winning, not that he's short of ambition, but it could get tasty as Oscar builds his racecraft around the round black things. For now they have it good at McLaren and Stella leads gently but firmly.

Red Bull on the other hand have a dilemma with their number two driver. I'm surprised people seem to be suddenly talking about it after the last two GPs as I thought it was obvious it was coming. To spell it out - when Max had 0.5 on the best of the rest and Sergio was about 0.3 - 0.5 off everything was OK. Now there are four drivers (orange and red) very well equipped to fill positions 1 - 5 the constructors championship becomes available and the number 2 driver isn't able to support Max in many ways in the race. Sergio is going to, internally at least, come under more pressure. This despite Horner's words of encouragement, I wish him well.

My question to the Red Bull fans here - "do you think the second seat is up for grabs for 2025 and if so who is favourite to take it?"

Macklaren
Macklaren

I've found it hard to take him seriously over the last 3 years due to his attitude, but Tsunoda's 2024 performances will be hard for Red Bull to ignore. I bet Honda are trying very hard to put him in Stroll's seat

venkyhere
venkyhere

avantman wrote: ↑
19 May 2024, 20:03

The same people were saying exactly the same things about Albon and Perez in 2020, pretty much demanding Horner to sign Checo instead of Albon, because he is too slow and basically worst on the grid. Now it's Perez who is worst on the great. Nothing new there. Very predictable. I really want Horner to sign Sainz, because I've curious who would you ask him to sign next, after he gets trashed by Max in very similar manner.

Sainz, needs _understeer_. He's one of few drivers who absolutely prefers and really needs understeery car. Max is the opposite, them two will never be happy in terms of car development and feedback. Perez is closer to Max than Sainz in that regard.
IN that understeery pig of a car, that red bulls were this weekend, Sainz would've been fast indeed though, ironically. But thankfully, it does not happen very often.
Thank you, I'm glad that someone else is thinking the same way I am. Sainz wouldn't be a good fit, simply because the 'difference in setup' required between him and Max, would be beyond the range of variables that can be changed around the basic-balance of the car. The present RedBull philosophy of making an oversteery base, will have to be dialled back. And that will make it slower.

Yes, Perez is slower than Max, but that was the case right from when he joined. Just that 'how much is he slow by' keeps varying between 0.1 to 0.6s (or the occasional 0.8s) on a quali lap depending on the form of both drivers and the duration of the lap. People are calling for his head in 2024 more than ever before, because the other teams are closer. RedBull know that their slower 2nd driver will get exposed when competition cars start to converge near to RB20, because amongst driver pairings in the front runner teams, Redbull has the biggest talent gap amongst drivers. Helmut Marko has been saying this for the past 2 years.

The Imola weekend make Perez look much worse than he actually is, because the H was unsuitable for the RedBull this weekend. They didn't do their homework properly (sim or practice). We saw how the tyre went away for Max exponentially in the last 10 laps. For Perez, the drop rate was much higher because he started his H stint on a full tank of fuel. He was 2 sec a lap slower than front runners when they had fresh H.

I am not saying Redbull should continue with Perez, all I am saying is knee-jerk reacting to this particular performance from Perez , inorder to sign Sainz is a bad idea.

Sergej
Sergej

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/mark ... -weakness/

interesting article by Hughes on RB woes with the hard tyres, hope this was mostly setup related and so solvable with a better preparation of the weekend (setup out of the box and testing the right tyres in FP), I think this is problem n1 for RB at the moment

Cs98
Cs98

Sergej wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 08:59

interesting article by Hughes on RB woes with the hard tyres, hope this was mostly setup related and so solvable with a better preparation of the weekend (setup out of the box and testing the right tyres in FP), I think this is problem n1 for RB at the moment
Feels like they've been running compromised set-ups these past couple of weekends and the car has not been working the tyres in the usual way. Monaco and Canada will pose similar issues, but maybe they can stay off of the hard tyre there.

Wouter

Horner: 'An extra lap at Imola was dangerous, but not because of Norris'

Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner admitted after the Grand Prix to several media outlets, including GPblog, that an extra lap would have been a difficult story for his team. "We’d have been vulnerable on fuel. So it worked out. I think with hindsight, we would have maybe been better running hard on Friday. We had opted to take two new hard tyres into the race and maybe it would have been better to have got the information on the tyre. But when you look at the turnaround that we had from Friday into Saturday to get the pole and then to get the victory again today, it's been a phenomenal performance and turnaround by the team, but also Max has been incredible this weekend. And again, he had to work very hard for both the pole position and the victory."

The British team boss expressed surprise at the unexpected battle that took place between Verstappen and Norris at the end of the race. "I think for the first 40 laps, we were in a really good window and able to manage the gap. And after he came out, the gap dropped to 6 seconds, but he was able to hold it there and at that point it looked more like our eyes were on Leclerc. Was he going to make the step and was he going to pose a challenge? Lando, whatever window they managed to get their tyre into, suddenly their car came alive. And it just shows how sensitive these tyres are to the different conditions," Horner said.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/277410/h ... orris.html
The Power of Dreams!

Sergej
Sergej

Cs98 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 09:15
Sergej wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 08:59

Feels like they've been running compromised set-ups these past couple of weekends and the car has not been working the tyres in the usual way. Monaco and Canada will pose similar issues, but maybe they can stay off of the hard tyre there.
yeah they failed to put the car in th right spot, I think while can be understandable for Miami which was a sprint event, it's more disappointing for a traditional event (and track) like Imola, luckily Max is Max and he saved things

it could also be that the RB20 is a bit of diva with inherent difficulty to be correctly setup, we will find more as the season goes on

as for the upcoming events, Monaco is all about qualy and the car is good at it, if Max pulls out another magic the win is doable there I think; Canada instead can be difficult, already it was with the monster RB19, theoretically the RB20 should address some difficulties like riding on kerbs and low corners, but let's see and hope they do not show up with a fuc*ing setup on Friday :D

organic

Marko said he thinks the rb20 will struggle at Monaco due to bumps and kerbs

Bill
Bill

redbull will lose constructors champ by end of year and monaco next race perez will crash like he usually does every year.perez sponsors must be paying a lot to offset any losses

organic

Bill wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 09:53
redbull will lose constructors champ by end of year and monaco next race perez will crash like he usually does every year.perez sponsors must be paying a lot to offset any losses
WCC looks like it'll be tricky unless mcl and Ferrari take points off each other all year.

Wouter

organic wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 09:38
Marko said he thinks the rb20 will struggle at Monaco due to bumps and kerbs
Max said yesterday that he had huge back pain after 20 laps over the bumps and bumps.
He wanted to lie down with a painkiller (joking). They never have had such problems with that, have they?
The Power of Dreams!