2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zxeros
Zxeros

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Yet again another strange decision, I know Hamilton is leaving the team, but to treat him like this seems odd.

Not like he has been a problem for them, thought they would at least try to end on good terms.

Elite
Elite

Matt2725 wrote:
27 May 2024, 01:30
GrizzleBoy wrote:
26 May 2024, 22:21
I think everyone has forgotten about the multiple podiums his team just didn't show up to last season. To the point where it was only Ferrari mechanics congratulating him one time.
Except that was categorically not true, and there were plenty of pictures at the time proving it not to be the case. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory to spread amongst the LH fanbase though.

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
27 May 2024, 00:35
Team LH will beat there drums sooner than later.
That toxic lot have been banging the drum since 2022, when George dared to overtake Lewis in Miami. I remember it first kicked off in a big way that weekend. Then they really went into overdrive after Brazil that year....can't think why?

I feel sorry for Ferrari having to deal with that lot screaming at them every time Charles beats him.
Hey little buddy :D

Sadly you'll find that them not turning up is true and we don't like conspiracy theories, we are simply stating what we see and the fact that others are coming and saying the same thing likely means you're the odd one out ](*,)

Elite
Elite

Great work by Merc to throw away an opportunity for Lewis. Not surprised though to be honest. I thought they'd at least make the most of the goat whilst he was there but I guess not #-o

ringo

I think even if he is being sidelined he should take it on the chin and focus on performance.
Best to end the year with zero animosity.
Merc will not intentionally disadvantage him. He will simply have to work with less information and less feedback and inputs of his driving style and preferences. Truth is he is gone next year. Why waste development resources on him?
Russel is 12 points ahead. Hamilton can focus on getting 2 podiums to seal the battle off for the year and then turn his efforts to ferrari.
The w15 is getting better with each upgrade and lewis is looking more comfortable with each one. He should beat Russel on points end of year.
The bias to cancel out any advantage he can get on strategy is reminiscent of Mclaren and Button days and Nico as teammate days. Lewis teams have traditionally tried to over manage equal treatment. Theyve never given him top priority even as world champion and they wont do it now, now that he is leaving.

Let's not attack the team though. It may back fire and then we have a media drama like redbull did with horner.
For Sure!!

Sevach
Sevach

ringo wrote:
27 May 2024, 02:46
Theyve never given him top priority even as world champion and they wont do it now, now that he is leaving.
Valterri it's James lol.
Luscion wrote:
26 May 2024, 20:09
Dont think you can blame Lewis here, he's told to pit, gets out of the pits and is told by Bono "outlap normal, laptimes should come to you", a bit later he tells Lewis target 16:0 (which he gets close to at the end of the lap). When Lewis is in the tunnel he asks how hard to push, Bono says "yea just push....like Suzuka". After he completes the lap and sees Max still ahead he asks why he wasnt told it was critical, for the next minute of the clip Bono says nothing.

https://dubz.co/c/0132ac

Toto also saying the team messed up the message to Lewis- https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolf ... /10616220/

"It should have been an 'out-lap critical', trying to undercut.

"But then there was a debate whether any out-lap would be enough from the new tyre. And so the message he got was at best confusing but probably wrong.

"It should have been an out-lap critical and the worry in the background was that if we thrashed that tyre in a single lap, then what would happen later.

"But in summary wrong message to Lewis, this was the team's fault."
I don't know how but they neglected the fact that Verstappen would be able to cover...
Not that it would've done much.

ringo

The right thing to do after pitting Lewis first was slow George down. Im not sure why the didnt do it. Lewis outlap wouldnt even matter if the did that.
Then after slowing down Max bring George into the pits before Max.
A no brainer.
For Sure!!

Luscion
Luscion

When asked if Lewis is questioning his status within the team, Toto Wolff said Mercedes is not favouring either driver.

“You know, aren’t all drivers a bit sceptical at times?” the Austrian said.

“I think as a team, we’ve demonstrated even in the most tense competitions between team-mates that we are trying to always balance the drive and be transparent and fair.

“I think that was not a moment apart from 2016 Abu Dhabi [where the team told Hamilton to stop backing up Nico Rosberg] where we tried to manage these areas.

“We haven’t done [that] since then, but I can understand that as a driver, you want the best out of yourself and the team. Sometimes when it’s going against you, you can question.

“As a team, we are 100% on a mission of giving the two drivers two great cars, the best possible cars and the best possible strategies and support.”

Ultimately, Toto said Mercedes is committed to ending their relationship with Lewis on a high.

“Well, we’re trying to do the best out of the relationship, trying to maximise the results for what is the final season.

“And that, you know, always between drivers and teams can be tense at times because everybody wants to do their best,” Wolff concluded.

DGP123
DGP123

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
Interesting times ahead for Merc and Lewis. Its getting toxic quickly while Russell's having his best year in merc colours so far (Even the car livery suits his Blue helmet and gloves lmaooo)
You must be very young if you think this has got toxic. The other point about Russell, sums up how the team, along with his fans, have settled and are content with such mediocrity. Embarrassing stuff.

Chuckjr

Look, Lewis chose to leave. He didn’t tell anyone at Merc till it was done. That made clear where his respect, and loyalty for Merc, really landed. The cost of disloyalty has a down-side, so 2024 is now a write off, and I’m positive Lewis expected it. Full team support will improve when he arrives at Ferrari. Until then, everyone knows where things really stand. It’s why Lewis smiles in the interviews, and Toto says both cars are given equal strategies. Everyone will play fake-nice till it’s no longer the requisite. :mrgreen:

Come 2025, I’m putting on hip boots every time I enter the Ferrari team thread.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Chuckjr wrote:Look, Lewis chose to leave. He didn’t tell anyone at Merc till it was done. That made clear where his respect, and loyalty for Merc, really landed. The cost of disloyalty has a down-side, so 2024 is now a write off, and I’m positive Lewis expected it. Full team support will improve when he arrives at Ferrari. Until then, everyone knows where things really stand. It’s why Lewis smiles in the interviews, and Toto says both cars are given equal strategies. Everyone will play fake-nice till it’s no longer the requisite. :mrgreen:

Come 2025, I’m putting on hip boots every time I enter the Ferrari team thread.
Before Lewis decided to leave, Mercedes did not show the respect that Lewis wanted. Mercedes gave him only a short contract because of Antonelli. Mercedes took that risk and now they have lost him. I think too both Lewis and Toto know the name of the game; they are slowly starting to keep Lewis blindfolded.

justin2102
justin2102

I have no idea what Lewis was expecting when he abandoned ship especially early in the season. He should stop whining because it really undermines the good work Russell has been doing from the start of the season i mean 7 - 1 in quali and a monumental drive in Monaco from a 20 sec gap to Norris to nearly a three second gap on progressively aging medium tyres while being under pressure from Max so Lewis should just stop moaning and make this season the best as possible for his sake and most importantly for the team.

Speaking of Antonelli…still waiting to be blown away.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Mosin123
Mosin123

Dunlay wrote:
27 May 2024, 10:47
DGP123 wrote:
27 May 2024, 09:11
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
Interesting times ahead for Merc and Lewis. Its getting toxic quickly while Russell's having his best year in merc colours so far (Even the car livery suits his Blue helmet and gloves lmaooo)
You must be very young if you think this has got toxic. The other point about Russell, sums up how the team, along with his fans, have settled and are content with such mediocrity. Embarrassing stuff.
Before the arrival of Hamilton cultists to Mercedes, the team threads used to be content and encouraging. It was a difficult time for the team, but Schumacher fans were not toxic and blaming team for lack of results. It was a phase of building the team. Current situation is no different. Patience is the key for Mercedes and George fans. Whether George stays for any long, is a question mark. One thing for sure is, this thread is going to be calm next year, while all the toxicity would rise in Ferrari thread. Lewis deserves better fans.
And yet, this is the most toxic post on the thread, yet names LH fans.............. shocked mods havent removed the post yet. still time i guess.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Mosin123 wrote:
27 May 2024, 11:20
Dunlay wrote:
27 May 2024, 10:47
DGP123 wrote:
27 May 2024, 09:11

Before the arrival of Hamilton cultists to Mercedes, the team threads used to be content and encouraging. It was a difficult time for the team, but Schumacher fans were not toxic and blaming team for lack of results. It was a phase of building the team. Current situation is no different. Patience is the key for Mercedes and George fans. Whether George stays for any long, is a question mark. One thing for sure is, this thread is going to be calm next year, while all the toxicity would rise in Ferrari thread. Lewis deserves better fans.
And yet, this is the most toxic post on the thread, yet names LH fans.............. shocked mods havent removed the post yet. still time i guess.
I have learnt that we can report a post if that goes against the forum rules. Mods can definitely take action on a post if it violates the rules and if they do, I would be happy to learn what was wrong in my post and ensure it doesn't repeat.

I am a fan of Lewis ever since he debuted and don't blame Mercedes for lack of results or George for the team having centered around him after Lewis decided to quit. Just that I don't like certain online behaviour of people that call themselves Lewis fans. That's my opinion.

Xyz22
Xyz22

214270 wrote:
27 May 2024, 10:46
Speaking of Antonelli…still waiting to be blown away.
According to reports, his testing sessions with Mercedes were quite impressive.