2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

makecry wrote:
29 May 2024, 03:30
Regardless of who they hire. I believe there is something fundamentally wrong with their tools and how their data is acquired. There has been reports of a disconnect between direction the track engineers want vs the guys back at factory. They have brought more performance parts than anyone else and yet have regressed. They need to stop further upgrades and figure out where they have gone wrong. The whole mix and match, repeated testing etc is clearly a sign of a team that has no idea where they are heading. Lawrence will not tolerate that at all but at the end of the day, Lawrence is not an engineer and doesn't necessarily understand the processes that go behind engineering a complex machine like this.
Whoever they hire will not start to help for a month or so.

Dan says they already know the problem. Don't
forget this upgrade might have been in the simulator at a minimum, the week before Imola, so 3 weeks. It could easily have been in the simulator 4 to 6 weeks ago or more. I have no idea, I have to trust they know what they're doing.

I got the impression from when Alonso said "it was hard to drive in the simulator", that they knew the upgrade was gonna be hard to drive going in, just not as hard as it's turned out to be.

More DF might be there but if the drivers don't trust it....They go slower.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Briatore returns to Alpine?

Jambier

Nikosar wrote:
29 May 2024, 16:56
It seems that he is more the middle man speaking to Di Meo to sell the team actually...

KimiRai
KimiRai

Jambier wrote:
29 May 2024, 17:09
Nikosar wrote:
It seems that he is more the middle man speaking to Di Meo to sell the team actually...
There's too much fog of war atm, different people saying different things. Some TP (doubt), others consultant etc.

Nikosar
Nikosar

KimiRai wrote:
29 May 2024, 19:52
Jambier wrote:
29 May 2024, 17:09
Nikosar wrote:
There's too much fog of war atm, different people saying different things. Some TP (doubt), others consultant etc.
Bruno Famin still have an "interim" role, maybe they want to sell to Andretti ? And Briatore will negotiate it.

Waz
Waz

I don't see why AMR are chasing Binotto. He was part of the technical management at Ferrari that constantly failed with in-season updates.

Ferrari consistently lost the development war during the years he was involved, even before he became TP. It was abysmal. And he clearly encourages toi much grey area development, which is a disaster once the FIA catch on.

After the front wing banning last year, I don't understand why Stroll Sr would be looking to hire him.

diffuser

Waz wrote:
30 May 2024, 16:22
I don't see why AMR are chasing Binotto. He was part of the technical management at Ferrari that constantly failed with in-season updates.

Ferrari consistently lost the development war during the years he was involved, even before he became TP. It was abysmal. And he clearly encourages toi much grey area development, which is a disaster once the FIA catch on.

After the front wing banning last year, I don't understand why Stroll Sr would be looking to hire him.
Have you seen the list of other people they tried to hire ? They need to hire someone, not to say he isn't good. I've said it before, he's come up the ranks at Ferrari. you don't do that if you're not very good. Some of us learn from our mistakes, if they were even mistakes or if he was the cause.

Waz
Waz

CTO was also Mike Elliott's job at Mercedes, and was his preferred specialty.

Another engineer very good at organisation is Pat Fry.

It's a different job to being a design engineer, which is something Binotto excelled at in Ferrari's engine program.

If they needed a link between the factory and Honda in the future, Binotto would be the guy.

diffuser

Waz wrote:
30 May 2024, 16:49

It's a different job to being a design engineer, which is something Binotto excelled at in Ferrari's engine program.

If they needed a link between the factory and Honda in the future, Binotto would be the guy.

Yeah, I wondered out loud why they didn't speak to Fry when he was shopping....

You'd think with "Eric Blandin" they'd have first hand knowledge about Elliott.

Nikosar
Nikosar

diffuser wrote:
30 May 2024, 19:21
Waz wrote:

Yeah, I wondered out loud why they didn't speak to Fry when he was shopping....

You'd think with "Eric Blandin" they'd have first hand knowledge about Elliott.
Pat Fry was rumoured to join Aston at the time Alonso joined, somehow he stayed at Alpine for later leave to Williams, I think he was loyal to Otmar.

The YouTube Channel "THE RACE" analysed Red Bull late difficulties, claiming that if they make the car easier to drive they will lose race pace. As Aston is inspired by Red Bull, do you think Aston have same problem ?

SSJ4
SSJ4

Aston martin apparently aren’t bringing performance updates for Canada

The challenge is to make what they already have available work (redesigned floor, diffuser, sidepods).

A new fiasco on Saturday in Canada could be the beginning of a very serious crisis for the team, which could begin to think about certain changes in the technical area.

[ @marcamotor ]

KimiRai
KimiRai

Motorsport Italy says Enrico Cardille is in Aston Martin's sights.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-as ... /10618079/

A huge amount of rumours these last days. I think the idea that Lawrence has lost patience might be coming true.

alonsofan
alonsofan

Waz wrote:

Pat Fry, Tombaziz and Domenicalli were all --- when Alonso was at Ferrari. Domenicalli was simply mouthing words that we need to analyse and improve the car. Nothing happened on track. I feel Krack is also working on similar lines.

diffuser

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-as ... /10618079/

F1 | ASTON MARTIN LOOKS IN FERRARI: HE WANTS ENRICO CARDILE
The rumors, confirmed by several sources, report the intention of the British team to focus on Ferrari's technical director to complete a plan to strengthen the technical staff wanted by Lawrence Stroll.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Vasseur: "Ferrari “very satisfied” even without Newey, what is important to me is the stability of the group rather than that of the individual.” most likely will prevent CARDILE from leaving the team

Dan Fallows: “I think it’ll be interesting to see what he does now" is he calling Newey ?

Alonso: "Aston will fix F1 troubles quicker due to Lawrence Stroll" He is calling Lawrence to step in quickly seen the performances :