2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djones
djones

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Given the possible struggles at Redbull and the relatively close championship, I really hope Ferrari put literally everything behind Leclerc.

Sainz needs to have a strategy purely designed to help him in races and also never be allowed to finish ahead, even if its for a single point.

Xyz22
Xyz22

djones wrote:
31 May 2024, 13:36
Given the possible struggles at Redbull and the relatively close championship, I really hope Ferrari put literally everything behind Leclerc.

Sainz needs to have a strategy purely designed to help him in races and also never be allowed to finish ahead, even if its for a single point.
It's way too early to think about that. Ferrari needs to keep working in order to maximize WCC points in each race.
Leclerc has been very fast with the SF 24 since Bahrain. The issue with the brakes and the subpar quali session in Melbourne and Suzuka (which was really unfortunate as he was "just" 0.1s behind Sanz) didn't allow Leclerc to show his true pace in race trim.

According to Genè in the last 3 races Leclerc has been really happy with the behaviour and balance of the car, especially after the upgrades introduced in Imola. In order to challenge RB and McL in the WCC we need both Leclerc and Sainz at their best.

codetower

djones wrote:

Ss a fan of Leclerc I do love this approach, but I don't necessarily agree with it just yet. Sainz is still fast. There will be tracks that suit his style better, and maybe Leclerc isn't on his game. I think they need to focus on winning, and getting faster. I don't think we're ready to designate Carlos to a Bottas/Perez situation just yet.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

codetower wrote:
31 May 2024, 16:09
djones wrote:

Ss a fan of Leclerc I do love this approach, but I don't necessarily agree with it just yet. Sainz is still fast. There will be tracks that suit his style better, and maybe Leclerc isn't on his game. I think they need to focus on winning, and getting faster. I don't think we're ready to designate Carlos to a Bottas/Perez situation just yet.
In 2022, during the Spanish GP, Redbull asked Checo to make way for Max even though Checo was very close (perhaps even ahead) of Max in points at that moment.

Ferrari have to learn to be ruthless like Redbull. Of course, the constructors is important but keep in mind that Redbull will do everything to help Max. I remember races where the AlphaTauris magically decided on pit lane starts when they were ahead of Max on the qualifying grid.

JPower
JPower

I will be very surprised if any driver at Ferrari is "prioritized" in the way Red Bull or previous Ferrari regimes have done for the forseeable future especially if they are fairly close in performance. Hasn't happened since Leclerc came to Ferrari and won't happen when Hamilton is on the team. I personally wouldn't sign a contract that allowed that to happen if I believed I was a high quality driver, and I think that's likely in effect here.

But...its all conjecture.

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai wrote:
31 May 2024, 20:00
Motorsport Italy says Enrico Cardille is in Aston Martin's sights.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-as ... /10618079/

Emag
Emag

KimiRai wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

I don't think Cardile leaves Ferrari by his own accord.

The only way I see him leaving is if Newey joins and for ego reasons, he doesn't want to play second fiddle to him, or, the far less likely given the circumstances, he is kicked out to make way for Newey.

yooogurt

KimiRai wrote:

Stroll is naive
FORZA FERRARI!

jambuka
jambuka

Emag wrote:
31 May 2024, 21:28
KimiRai wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

The only way I see him leaving is if Newey joins and for ego reasons, he doesn't want to play second fiddle to him, or, the far less likely given the circumstances, he is kicked out to make way for Newey.
Doesn't AM already have Fallows ?

Emag
Emag

jambuka wrote:
31 May 2024, 23:50
Emag wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Yeah, but Stroll is the type of guy who thinks just throwing money at the problem solves everything. If he is spending the money, but the results are not there, the only conclusion for him to reach is that the people doing the job are not up to the par.

Must be fun working over at AM ...

ringo

Xyz22 wrote:
31 May 2024, 15:03
djones wrote:

It's way too early to think about that. Ferrari needs to keep working in order to maximize WCC points in each race.
Leclerc has been very fast with the SF 24 since Bahrain. The issue with the brakes and the subpar quali session in Melbourne and Suzuka (which was really unfortunate as he was "just" 0.1s behind Sanz) didn't allow Leclerc to show his true pace in race trim.

According to Genè in the last 3 races Leclerc has been really happy with the behaviour and balance of the car, especially after the upgrades introduced in Imola. In order to challenge RB and McL in the WCC we need both Leclerc and Sainz at their best.
Its not too early. If Max and Charles were neck and neck then i would agrew with you.
But Charles has a long shot to catch and pass Max. He will need Sainz playing rear gunner from now. Sainz need to fight Max hard like how Ocon fights Gasly, or Perez and Norris and Alonso fight Lewis.
For Sure!!

f1316
f1316

Emag wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 00:05
jambuka wrote:
Emag wrote:

Yeah, but Stroll is the type of guy who thinks just throwing money at the problem solves everything. If he is spending the money, but the results are not there, the only conclusion for him to reach is that the people doing the job are not up to the par.

In fairness, there clearly is an issue there with how their upgrades work (or, rather, do not work). That said, that’s unlikely to be an issue with personnel and more to do with infrastructure/correlation imho. I can’t remember where AM is with overhauling all their facilities but, either way, there’s clearly work to be done there.

I really hope Cardile is not tempted and, as Fred says, keeping the core technical team - who are doing a great job at the moment - happy is the most important thing. I imagine there’s a way to bring Newey as another (or replacement for) Byrne-type super consultant without stepping on Cardile’s toes.

Cs98
Cs98

Emag wrote:
jambuka wrote:
Emag wrote:

I'm sorry but criticizing Stroll for trying to hire Cardile as "just throwing money at the problem" is rank hypocrisy. It would be a great hire and in the same vein as the hires Ferrari has been engaging in for the last 12 months. Or would you accuse the Scuderia of "throwing money at the problem" for offering nearly 100 million per year on two hires?

Emag
Emag

Cs98 wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 10:25
Emag wrote:
jambuka wrote:

I'm sorry but criticizing Stroll for trying to hire Cardile as "just throwing money at the problem" is rank hypocrisy. It would be a great hire and in the same vein as the hires Ferrari has been engaging in for the last 12 months. Or would you accuse the Scuderia of "throwing money at the problem" for offering nearly 100 million per year on two hires?
It's not specifically about him trying to hire Cardile that prompted the comment. Look at that team's history of personnel every since Stroll took over back in 2019. He is firing and hiring people every other year.

Edit: As far as Ferrari is concerned, I personally believe hiring Lewis was unnecessary. Charles is fast enough to win a championship if the car is up to par and the team doesn't fu*k him over with ridiculous strategies. Having two top tier drivers going at it for the wdc is not always good, especially if rival teams are not far behind.

Xwang
Xwang

Well, I'm an Italian aerospace engineer really passionate of Scuderia Ferrari since my childhood.
I would really have liked to work there, but now, at 48 years old, I admit that if I were in Cardile's situation I would probably accept moving to a different team if that guarantees me the "big money" that I think he is not getting at Ferrari and never will.
I have too often heard HR managers in Italian based company saying "We are XXX, we are one of the best company in the world in this sector (even if it was not true). Why do you want a salary augmentation?"
I've heard that also from some F1 engineers which were working in Scuderia Ferrrari.
I hope I'm wrong and that Vasseur has solved that.