2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Emag wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 11:02
Cs98 wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 10:25
Emag wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 00:05

Yeah, but Stroll is the type of guy who thinks just throwing money at the problem solves everything. If he is spending the money, but the results are not there, the only conclusion for him to reach is that the people doing the job are not up to the par.

Must be fun working over at AM ...
I'm sorry but criticizing Stroll for trying to hire Cardile as "just throwing money at the problem" is rank hypocrisy. It would be a great hire and in the same vein as the hires Ferrari has been engaging in for the last 12 months. Or would you accuse the Scuderia of "throwing money at the problem" for offering nearly 100 million per year on two hires?
It's not specifically about him trying to hire Cardile that prompted the comment. Look at that team's history of personnel every since Stroll took over back in 2019. He is firing and hiring people every other year.

Edit: As far as Ferrari is concerned, I personally believe hiring Lewis was unnecessary. Charles is fast enough to win a championship if the car is up to par and the team doesn't fu*k him over with ridiculous strategies. Having two top tier drivers going at it for the wdc is not always good, especially if rival teams are not far behind.
This got me thinking too, whether Ferrari actually regret their decision.

I firmly believe that the reason they got Lewis was to make the team more attractive for engineers. Charles is more than capable enough to win a championship in a good car, Ferrari did not have a top driver issue.

With Redbull imploding in some ways and Mercedes losing the plot, Ferrari and McLaren now look to be the most attractive teams to work for. I wonder if Fred would make the same decision today, if he were approached by Lewis

Big Tea

Sphere3758 wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 18:21
Emag wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

I'm sorry but criticizing Stroll for trying to hire Cardile as "just throwing money at the problem" is rank hypocrisy. It would be a great hire and in the same vein as the hires Ferrari has been engaging in for the last 12 months. Or would you accuse the Scuderia of "throwing money at the problem" for offering nearly 100 million per year on two hires?
It's not specifically about him trying to hire Cardile that prompted the comment. Look at that team's history of personnel every since Stroll took over back in 2019. He is firing and hiring people every other year.

Edit: As far as Ferrari is concerned, I personally believe hiring Lewis was unnecessary. Charles is fast enough to win a championship if the car is up to par and the team doesn't fu*k him over with ridiculous strategies. Having two top tier drivers going at it for the wdc is not always good, especially if rival teams are not far behind.

I firmly believe that the reason they got Lewis was to make the team more attractive for engineers. Charles is more than capable enough to win a championship in a good car, Ferrari did not have a top driver issue.

With Redbull imploding in some ways and Mercedes losing the plot, Ferrari and McLaren now look to be the most attractive teams to work for. I wonder if Fred would make the same decision today, if he were approached by Lewis
It also means he is not driving for their competitor, so even if he is not smashing charles he is still having an effect.
There is also the draw to top engineers in the same way.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Sphere3758 wrote:
Emag wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

When I first heard Ferrari were signing Hamilton I thought it a terrible decision.
Having then taken some time to absorb the decision and pro/con it in my head, I concluded that it wasn't as bad a decision as I first saw it and I suspect many others had a similar arc to how they saw it.
That said, while I do now see the many pro's that come with the Hamilton decision, I have to say I am still not fully convinced it is a good decision by Ferrari...

Regarding Cardile, under Vasseur Ferrari appear to be a very different team to the one we have seen operate in recent years, we don't really know what's going on internally but looking in from the outside the team looks to be working far more cohesively than they have done for some time, up until Vasseur took over I frequently got an impression of a divided dysfunctional team.
Since Cardile got his chance, he has done an excellent job in a relatively short time, I find it hard to believe Ferrari would allow him to leave and while I can't possibly know what Cardile's personal situation is I find it equally hard to believe he would now consider an external offer, especially considering his relatively short spell in his current role.
Even if Newey was to arrive I still don't see that being a factor for both Ferrari and Cardile...

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Sphere3758 wrote:

I firmly believe that the reason they got Lewis was to make the team more attractive for engineers.
that's what Fred said last year, last year when rumors of Lewis going to Ferrari propped up it was during same monaco gp time... I remember reading an article which I am not able to dig up, where fred something like that, having driver like leiws bring attracts engineers

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Fakepivot wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 19:28
Sphere3758 wrote:

I firmly believe that the reason they got Lewis was to make the team more attractive for engineers.
that's what Fred said last year, last year when rumors of Lewis going to Ferrari propped up it was during same monaco gp time... I remember reading an article which I am not able to dig up, where fred something like that, having driver like leiws bring attracts engineers
A source would be nice. That sounds like a very weird thing for a TP to say.

Vanja #66

Not sure why people are underestimating the value of being a key member of the leadership team that potentially returns Ferrari at the very top of F1 with multiple WDC and WCC titles...

Would an excellent Italian engineer really give up on it for a promise of lots of money, but going to a very chaotical team with loads of pressure from the owner, along with moving outside of Italy to a team with very different culture?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Elite
Elite

What's this about? Is this a verifiable source?

Emag
Emag

Elite wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 21:26

They deleted the tweet because it was speculation on his part based on Leclerc's comments after Imola. Comments which Leclerc himself rectified by saying it was a mapping configuration which they got on top off and will check the validity as soon as they get to a more normal track than Monaco. So let's see this week.

leblanc
leblanc

Fakepivot wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 19:28
Sphere3758 wrote:

I remember that, too. But, I believe it was Frederic Guyot that said something to that effect:
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10155 ... ric-guyot/

organic

Elite wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 21:26

No it isn't. Fuel pumps are spec and made by a sole manufacturer for all teams

Even the original poster of the rumour has recanted their belief and made a follow-up tweet stating they were wrong.

MTL79
MTL79

So a fan supposedly asked Newey to sign a Ferrari flag at Monaco and now 2 outlets picked up the rumor as proof Newey is joining Ferrari... When will this end...

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

leblanc wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 22:08

I remember that, too. But, I believe it was Frederic Guyot that said something to that effect:
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10155 ... ric-guyot/
ahh damn i think it's this one, my memories failed me hehe

Xyz22
Xyz22

SiLo

Even if Lewis gets outperformed by Charles, Ferrari will make millions off him just in marketing alone even after paying his massive salary. I still think he is going to be very, very quick though.
Felipe Baby!

bluechris

SiLo wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 10:54
Even if Lewis gets outperformed by Charles, Ferrari will make millions off him just in marketing alone even after paying his massive salary. I still think he is going to be very, very quick though.
I really believe Hamilton will pass his 2nd youth in Ferrari.