2024 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal, June 07 - 09

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bluechris

Re: 2024 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal, June 07 - 09

Luscion wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 22:11
Forecast has already gone from tons of rain on friday to very little, hopefully it keeps improving

https://i.imgur.com/RbKB4yt.jpeg
i dont know what weather report is this, but Accuweather says the same as some days. Especially on Sunday it says showers in the morning and thunderstorms in the evening. Maybe the race will be dry... dont know.
https://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/circu ... 180173_poi

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

What do you guys think the chances are of Red Bull struggling again this weekend?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SirBastianVettel wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 09:33
What do you guys think the chances are of Red Bull struggling again this weekend?
About the same chance as Margot Robbie popping round for a cuppa with me. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Sieper

Last year this was a track where they had only a small advantage. This year the competition is closer so it might be a tense race. But who knows. Track resurfaced and FP have not even started.

Farnborough
Farnborough

I'm looking forward to it, going to be interesting to see how recent competitive stack plays out.

Opinion appears to major on curbs, but its a very different set of track geometry ( in how they are placed and their design) than Monaco for a suspension system.

Makes for more interest that we people watching at this intensity don't know, or can predict at this point.

My feeling is that the Mercedes is also carefully approaching the front three chassis too. Going to be a good marker for them to assess their latest front wing direction.

Looks like it's going to be a more mixed driver placing rather than a two by two conventional illustration of team pace.

chrisc90

SirBastianVettel wrote:
Max has been in the simulator at the factory this week, so make of that what you will.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Expecting Redbull to do well in S1 where the rapid change of direction through 3-4-5-6 will matter.
Expecting Ferrari to dominate S2 and S3 where lots of kerbs and chicanes are present.
Expecting McLaren to be the runner up in all sectors.

Expecting Max and LeClerc to truly show their exceptional skill transitioning from the start-finish straight into a style of T1 such that they then blend into an 'efficient' T2.

Any of VER/LEC/NOR to win.

mclaren111

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 10:49
SirBastianVettel wrote:
About the same chance as Margot Robbie popping round for a cuppa with me. :lol:

:lol: =D> =D> :lol:

ringo

I am predicting a strong VCARB. They will pester Mercedes if Mercedes have not made a step with their upgrades.

Redbull for the win if there is no changing weather. Hamilton is the dark horse if there is heavy rain and Race Control doesn't red flag it.

This track is tough on brakes. Williams to DNF and Sauber with at least one car.

Ferrari to suffer with race pace.

Mclaren to be formidable with both Piastri and Lando, but both will fight each other. 8)
For Sure!!

Mattchu

The Grand Prix at the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve is one that I still truly look forward to, along with Spa Francorchamps, Silverstone, Monza and Suzuka!

Personally I couldn`t care less who wins, haven`t for a long time (have a soft spot for McLaren), I just love watching top F1 cars and drivers blast round these tracks...

Lets hope for a bit of rain to spice things up, not too much or the mardy gits in charge will keep the cars off track...

LM10
LM10

ringo wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 16:14
Why?

codetower

ringo wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 16:14
I am predicting a strong VCARB. They will pester Mercedes if Mercedes have not made a step with their upgrades.

Redbull for the win if there is no changing weather. Hamilton is the dark horse if there is heavy rain and Race Control doesn't red flag it.

This track is tough on brakes. Williams to DNF and Sauber with at least one car.

Mclaren to be formidable with both Piastri and Lando, but both will fight each other. 8)
Ferrari is one of the better teams in Braking. And their pace has been very good last few races.

ali623
ali623

Wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari are favourites again. If I remember, they were favourites going into qualifying last year until the rain hit...

organic

For me McLaren is favourite. They have good efficiency after the Miami upgrades which is paramount in Canada.

RB also have good efficiency but will be exposed with their ride again

Ferrari lack a bit in terms of efficiency (to be addressed with the Silverstone upgrades) and that could be their weakness here. I think Ferrari will need to win via strategy here

If rain happens, McLaren should be favoured as they get tyres working quickly

dia6olo
dia6olo

Unfortunately it's looking like the weather will play a part and while the good drivers will still shine, changing conditions can trip the best of them.
Should it not however play a part, I don't see Mercedes troubling any of the front 3, I think Red Bull (Max) will likely still be the car to beat but I fancy Ferrari to be close to Red Bull, closer than McLaren...