2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
basti313
basti313

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Fakepivot wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 18:31
if its rain won't it be more on driver skill? in that case we have not seen much rain skill from leclerc or sainz, or is there an example of that?
Well, they are not bad but strategy often killed them in Q. And generally you need a car that has downforce and works the tires well, so of course the car is a topic.

The issue is that the Ferrari hope is on the curb riding. If the track is wet...or in the transition, there is no curb riding. So the question "do they beat Verstappen" is even more a no in the wet in my point of view. And again...the first thing they need to do is beat the McLarens and Norris is very good in the rain.
So I am more hoping for dry, to see how the cars behave.
Don`t russel the hamster!

f1316
f1316

basti313 wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 19:41
Fakepivot wrote:
04 Jun 2024, 18:31
if its rain won't it be more on driver skill? in that case we have not seen much rain skill from leclerc or sainz, or is there an example of that?
Well, they are not bad but strategy often killed them in Q. And generally you need a car that has downforce and works the tires well, so of course the car is a topic.

The issue is that the Ferrari hope is on the curb riding. If the track is wet...or in the transition, there is no curb riding. So the question "do they beat Verstappen" is even more a no in the wet in my point of view. And again...the first thing they need to do is beat the McLarens and Norris is very good in the rain.
So I am more hoping for dry, to see how the cars behave.
Yeah and, moreover, the original poster was saying it was a shame that it could rob us of answers (not results) - this is because the data from wet running will be less relevant.

I also hope it doesn’t rain. I think it becomes more of a lottery and am optimistic of Ferrari’s chance in a dry race. I remember how in 2011 we brought an upgrade to Montreal that meant we qualified a tenth or so away from the dominant RB (Deja vu?) AND were 2-3 on the grid. The topsy turvy race that followed may have been a classic for the neutral but always felt like one where we might well have won in the dry.

f1316
f1316

Seemingly the simulations look promising:
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10619075/

Kinda surprised to read them describe the potential Cardile move to AM as “more than possible”. I think it would be a strange move to leave Ferrari at the point they finally are looking to be successful and he is better positioned than ever to get the credit for that. The money would have to be truly eye watering and/or Fred did a bad job at making him feel valued (which I would be surprised by) for it to make sense.

bluechris

I understand the pessimism that some people have and it's better to be like this and be happy after with the result, but I think if the race is dry that we will have a good result. A good result for me is to be on the podium and have both drivers in the top 5 slots. The minimum that we need is to get a bit more points than McLaren.
Unfortunately the weather doesn't seem good and we really dont know how Ferrari will perform as matter the heat on the tyres in rain conditions in comparison with the others. The trend is that it treats them more gently so heating up or keep the temperature on them is a key factor this weekend.

dia6olo
dia6olo

f1316 wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 06:18
Seemingly the simulations look promising:
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10619075/

Kinda surprised to read them describe the potential Cardile move to AM as “more than possible”. I think it would be a strange move to leave Ferrari at the point they finally are looking to be successful and he is better positioned than ever to get the credit for that. The money would have to be truly eye watering and/or Fred did a bad job at making him feel valued (which I would be surprised by) for it to make sense.
Even then it would make little to no sense to me just because since Fred took over Ferrari have been chasing quality personnel.
Looking in from the outside, it's hard to argue against Cardile having played a significant part in the turnaround in fortunes at Ferrari and based on that why would Ferrari now let him go...
Surely they would simply re-negotiate his contract offering better pay if it came to that...

Sevach
Sevach

Absolutely crucial to get a good qualy, starting behind the Mclarens for example usually leads to other compromises in strategy that loses the race for the team.

bluechris

Sevach wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 04:03
Absolutely crucial to get a good qualy, starting behind the Mclarens for example usually leads to other compromises in strategy that loses the race for the team.
The huge straight and good acceleration on corner exit seems helpful in Canada so i don't worry alot.

Wouter

Carlos Sainz has already signed his contract and it will be made public before the Spanish Grand Prix

The Madrid native's best options are through the Williams and Sauber/Audi teams
Carlos Sainz has already signed his contract and it will be made public before the Spanish Grand Prix

He has already signed it. Carlos Sainz already has a car for the 2025 season, and has his contract signed.
It has been verified by a powerful Madrid law firm, and has been sent to his contractor, with the pilot's signature on the dotted line on the last page. His fate is scheduled to be revealed before the Spanish Grand Prix .

Translated article:

https://theobjective-com.translate.goog ... r_pto=wapp
The Power of Dreams!

Farnborough
Farnborough

Likely that CS will now be on team orders if they are to fully exploit chasing MV with CL this season for drivers championship.

They dont need to let that slip away if there's any choices to make between their own two drivers.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Farnborough wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 12:43
Likely that CS will now be on team orders if they are to fully exploit chasing MV with CL this season for drivers championship.

They dont need to let that slip away if there's any choices to make between their own two drivers.
Beating Max will require something extra special. I think WCC is probably a more achievable, thought still difficult aim. And in that case, you want to use team orders only to help team result, not any specific driver.

Farnborough
Farnborough

Seanspeed wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 20:23
Farnborough wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 12:43

Beating Max will require something extra special. I think WCC is probably a more achievable, thought still difficult aim. And in that case, you want to use team orders only to help team result, not any specific driver.
Exactly.

They are close to just one DNF from RB to being on par. I don't think any of the teams would ignore a chance, even a small one, to shoot at driver's world championship.

Sense of reality is to push for all scores to be CL biased if there's choice to do so in the race.

They'll be kicking themselves come year end otherwise.

Sevach
Sevach

Wouter wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 12:35

The Madrid native's best options are through the Williams and Sauber/Audi teams

He has already signed it. Carlos Sainz already has a car for the 2025 season, and has his contract signed.
It has been verified by a powerful Madrid law firm, and has been sent to his contractor, with the pilot's signature on the dotted line on the last page. His fate is scheduled to be revealed before the Spanish Grand Prix .

Translated article:

https://theobjective-com.translate.goog ... r_pto=wapp
I wouldn't discount Mercedes and other options just yet.

Vanja #66

Sevach wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 21:08
I wouldn't discount Mercedes and other options just yet.
Toto is fixated on getting Max, they also have Antonelli to place somewhere and Russell is most likely at least as good as Sainz. Besides, Sainz was dropped by Ferrari to get Hamilton, so Mercedes replacing Hamilton with Ferrari's drop-off is not a good look for Mercedes brand...

No matter how good Sainz is, he's not an alien like Hamilton, Alonso, Max or Leclerc. Alien-pretenders include Norris, Piastri and Russell. That's 7 drivers most likely more desirable than Sainz and next year 5 of them will occupy the 3 best cars of 2024.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

venkyhere
venkyhere

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 08:27
No matter how good Sainz is, he's not an alien like Hamilton, Alonso, Max or Leclerc. Alien-pretenders include Norris, Piastri and Russell.
Your list of Alien talent currently in the grid exactly matches mine. It's usually 1 or 2 or atmost 3 in that list whom most people agree with each other as alien level. It's a 4/4 match between the two of us.

Vanja #66

venkyhere wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 09:24
Your list of Alien talent currently in the grid exactly matches mine. It's usually 1 or 2 or atmost 3 in that list whom most people agree with each other as alien level. It's a 4/4 match between the two of us.
To be fair, it's not a hard conclusion to reach :mrgreen: Tier 1B field is incredibly strong as well, other than those 3 I mentioned we also have Hulk, Albon and Bottas, while I'd even place Gasly and Ocon there. Perez, Ric (he used to be an alien-pretender in 2014-18 for me), Mag and Tsunoda as Tier 2 and the rest are Tier 3 in my view.

So that's 4 drivers definitely more desirable than Sainz and 6-8 drivers as something like direct competitors. It's not an easy time to get a good seat and a very different field since landing an aching Ferrari seat in 2020. I think Williams would probably be the best compromise for him at the moment, offering him freedom to leave quickly if a top seat opens up or stay as long as he'd like if not.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie