2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Dunlay wrote:
02 Jun 2024, 13:12
The only real reason Daniel and Perez are in VCARB and Red Bull is because Horner wants them. Everything else is hogwash from the team personnel, to simply toe Horner's line. There has never been a slower driver that helps develop a car. Engineers don't listen to a slower driver's feedback. Never. Both of these drivers will be out when Horner is fed up of them.
Nonsense. Ricciardo's race pace hasn't been slow its been on a par with Yuki. Its his qualifying that has let him down and not everytime either where he was within a tenth or less of Yuki at Bahrain and Japan. His qualli pace at Oz was on track for Q3 until he ran wide in one corner. He also had a clean sweep at China weekend and beat him in the Miami sprint but has also undeniably some bad luck getting crashed out in Japan and China. His development work and direction is what has mainly help lift this car from last to 5th its been stated by Bayer, Mekies and also other F1 experts outside of the team. He also helped make the 2020 Renault a fast car as well with his setup direction and input. This is all fact.

You're just inventing a negative narrative without any facts.

Dunlay
Dunlay

runningmanz wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 00:00
Dunlay wrote:
The only real reason Daniel and Perez are in VCARB and Red Bull is because Horner wants them. Everything else is hogwash from the team personnel, to simply toe Horner's line. There has never been a slower driver that helps develop a car. Engineers don't listen to a slower driver's feedback. Never. Both of these drivers will be out when Horner is fed up of them.
Nonsense. Ricciardo's race pace hasn't been slow its been on a par with Yuki. Its his qualifying that has let him down and not everytime either where he was within a tenth or less of Yuki at Bahrain and Japan. His qualli pace at Oz was on track for Q3 until he ran wide in one corner. He also had a clean sweep at China weekend and beat him in the Miami sprint but has also undeniably some bad luck getting crashed out in Japan and China. His development work and direction is what has mainly help lift this car from last to 5th its been stated by Bayer, Mekies and also other F1 experts outside of the team. He also helped make the 2020 Renault a fast car as well with his setup direction and input. This is all fact.

Fact: Daniel was dumped by McLaren because he was slow.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Dunlay wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 03:36
runningmanz wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

Yet practically every other class over many years he was quick. Fact. Short memories. One car philosophy at Macca isn't gospel. You don't win 8 races in not the best car by being slow. It's not out of the question at all he starts pulling in points and better drives going forward. He hasn't been far away from this and has been unlucky at times. The team know this, they have access to all the data and are not overreacting like some are.

Wouter

Some quotes translated from the Dutch Motorsport.com:

Who will be Tsunoda's teammate? Marko: Luxury problem at second Red Bull team in F1

RB CEO Peter Bayer has made it known in the principality that he would like to keep Tsunoda with the sister team for another year, and his prayers will already become reality in the coming days. More interesting to see is who will fill the second seat in the Faenza formation.

Helmut Marko: "In addition to Tsunoda, we have another Honda driver who finishes good races and that is Iwasa. He has not won a race yet this year because he had two bad starts, but he is still third in the championship," Marko refers to the Japanese Super Formula. "These are two Japanese drivers who have a long-term contract with us, so we have to see how that goes in the long term."
Asked what Iwasa needs to do to be seriously in the picture for an F1 seat in 2025, the answer is: "Win the Super Formula championship." However, because there are many candidates for the second RB seat, such a triumph offers no guarantees. "Let's first see how he wins. His first race was not good, but in the second race he was actually the best driver."

With Ricciardo and Lawson also obvious options, the luxury problem Marko is talking about is clear. Add to this that the current runner-up from Formula 2 also comes from the Red Bull stable, the Frenchman with Algerian roots Isack Hadjar. "We have Hadjar who is doing very well in Formula 2 and also Marti, although he still makes too many mistakes. With Hadjar you have to remember that he was knocked around during the first race and that he has also had technical problems twice. while he was in a winning position. He's still second in the championship, so he's definitely one of the fastest and most consistent guys in this year's championship."

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/helmu ... /10617990/
The Power of Dreams!

Dunlay
Dunlay

runningmanz wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 06:33
Dunlay wrote:
03 Jun 2024, 03:36
runningmanz wrote:

Yet practically every other class over many years he was quick. Fact. Short memories. One car philosophy at Macca isn't gospel. You don't win 8 races in not the best car by being slow. It's not out of the question at all he starts pulling in points and better drives going forward. He hasn't been far away from this and has been unlucky at times. The team know this, they have access to all the data and are not overreacting like some are.
When hardcore fans fight on internet to stop reputation damage of a driver, instead of his own performances and track record, that's the end of the road. Getting consistently beaten by a driver whom Red Bull doesn't rate much, isn't the ideal situation. Before the start of the season, he was an option for the second Red Bull seat, but now it's a question mark if he would even continue at VCARB for next year, if not unceremoniously dropped mid way this year. I am not the owner of the teams and it hardly bothers me if he stays or goes, but that's just the reality. It's not good for F1 that there is a seat which a good young driver deserves, but a well-past-expiry-date driver is being allowed to hang on to it. Good for McLaren, they didn't do it and now have a talented young driver in their ranks. Imagine if Zak would have been as stupid, Oscar would be struggling in an Alpine and we wouldn't know if he was any good.

Wouter

Translated by GT:

Lawson can sign with another team if he doesn't have a RB seat by 2025, Marko reveals

04 Jun 2024 - 08:17
Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko has acknowledged that Liam Lawson has a free rein to go to another team in case he does not obtain a seat at RB in 2025. The Austrian maintains that they are facing a complicated situation and sooner rather than later , they will have to make a decision for the future.

After a great job as a reserve in 2023, Lawson faces a year without racing as a reserve driver for RB . The New Zealander continues to gain experience off the track and is looking for a seat for 2025. The objective is to get it in the Faenza structure and if not, Marko reveals that he will have the freedom letter from Red Bull to go to another place.

"With Liam Lawson as reserve, we have a strong driver who, contractually, can drive for another team
if he does not get a seat with us in 2025.

In this sense, of course it would be nice if we could see him in Formula 1 this year to have an even clearer picture, but it is a complex issue. We will have to see how things evolve," Marko acknowledged in an interview with the Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung.

(I couldn't find it in the "Kleine Zeitung" but Soy Motor is reliable)

https://soymotor.com/f1/noticias/lawson ... vela-marko

I think it's a shame if they don't offer Liam a seat, because then he wouldn't have been able to drive anywhere for a year
because of false promises!! Marko said last year Liam would drive some sessions this year in F1 but Horner is/was against it!! :evil:
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Daniel Ricciardo expected to continue with VCARB in 2025

3 Jun, 2024

As the F1 driver market continues to offer surprises, Daniel Ricciardo is set to be a point of continuity at VCARB.
Despite the team’s history of being cut-throat with its drivers, the traditional environment at Faenza has changed.
Christian Horner is happy to keep the Australian in the team, with the Red Bull team principal ultimately holding the final say.
(It was always Marko who had the final say.)

Initially, Ricciardo’s return to Formula 1 was seen as a stepping stone to a Red Bull seat. The knee-jerk decision to replace Nyck de Vries was motivated by Red Bull’s belief that Ricciardo could become a viable teammate for Verstappen.

https://formu1a.uno/en/daniel-ricciardo ... b-in-2025/

The Power of Dreams!

HPD

What a toxic family Red Bull is hahaha
Please Yuki, get out of there.

bigblue

Even team boss Christian Horner, meanwhile, is scratching his head about what exactly is going wrong at Red Bull.

"Before we react, we first have to understand the problems," he is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport. "It's strange that Toro Rosso (RB) doesn't have these problems with our old suspension."
At least he still calls them Toro Rosso :-)

Mclarensenna

runningmanz wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

Do you have any facts or data to show Ric's race pace is on par with Yuki?
Ayrton Senna: Pure driving, pure racing, that´s what makes me happy.

Wouter

Mclarensenna wrote:
06 Jun 2024, 05:57
runningmanz wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

Do you have any facts or data to show Ric's race pace is on par with Yuki?
This is without the context. Stuck behind someone or something.

Australian GP: https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9208 ... s/849-786/

Japan GP Daniel DNF
China GP Yuki and Daniel DNF

Miami GP: https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9223 ... s/849-786/

Imola GP: https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9228 ... s/849-786/

Lets hope they both score points in Montreal. Little updates?
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/moto ... zt-das-ist

Helmut Marko makes it clear: "Yuki Tsunoda is set for 2025, that's clear"

The driver carousel in Formula 1 keeps turning. While the seats for 2025 have been filled at Red Bull, a lot is still open at the Racing Bulls.

June 6, 2024

It is now clear that Yuki Tsunoda, Daniel Ricciardo and reserve driver Liam Lawson are fighting for a seat at the Racing Bulls. However, the RB motorsport advisor does not see a three-way battle. "Yuki Tsunoda is set, that's clear," Marko makes clear, thus putting an end to possible rumors of the Japanese driver moving. The 24-year-old has been repeatedly linked with other teams this year.

Rather, it will be a duel between Ricciardo and young talent Lawson. The New Zealander is working as a reserve and simulator driver for both Bull teams this season. "He is there at every race and we are in close contact," says the 81-year-old, revealing a contract detail that could play a significant role in this decision. "There is a clause with Lawson. If we don't offer him an active seat, he is free for other teams." It is easy to imagine that Red Bull would like to prevent this at all costs. Last year, Lawson was a convincing replacement for the injured Ricciardo. It is therefore more than questionable whether Red Bull will give up its "jewel" so easily.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Tsunoda wants "more commitment from Red Bull" after 2025 F1 snub

Out of the three, Tsunoda's stand-out 2024 performances made him the most obvious candidate for promotion, but Perez's two-year extension means the Japanese's wait continues as he is set for at least a fifth season with Red Bull's sister team in 2025.

While Tsunoda said he was "not in a rush" to get promoted and was happy enough to stay put for the time being, he also wanted to see "more commitment from Red Bull regarding his future options.

"I would like to see more commitment from the contract," Tsunoda said. "Obviously I'm already committed with Red Bull a lot and hopefully I can have a bit more commitment from them.

"There's an ongoing discussion and I want to make sure first of all we're on the same page with Red Bull after that we'll see. But I'm happy with RB.

"Even these two years [Perez] has to still perform and in this kind of environment, anything can happen. So, congratulations to him and other than that. For me, I just keep focusing on what I'm doing and just proving myself.

"I just have to grow more and at the same time, hopefully, Red Bull will understand more or see more of my progress and my potential performance and maybe [it] can change in the future."

Tsunoda said it was reassuring to see that he has received interest from rival teams in the paddock in recent weeks and months, giving him potentially more options in the future if he needs to switch to a plan B.

"The good thing is that the other teams are starting to get interested in me," he added "I also got a couple of options from the others, which is growing.

"It's a good thing that I'm able to grow my value as well, especially like this interesting drivers' market.

"But first of all, my priority is Red Bull. I want to make sure we're on the same page because Red Bull is part of my life so far and without them, I wouldn't achieve this much."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/tsun ... /10620250/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Ricciardo reveals his new helmet:

.. Image

Yuki and his trainer John arrived at the circuit yesterday:

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Ricciardo convinced: 'Still something wrong with my [2th] chassis'

The Australian insists that there is something wrong with his chassis; even though he has had a new one for a while now
AND his team can't detect anything crazy about this one at all.

Ricciardo convinced of a problem

"I still believe there is something," Ricciardo says nonetheless. "Look, honestly, whether I believe or not, it's clear
that with this new one, I've had some great races or some great performances and some not so great.
So I think that's why I probably then make sure I'm looking at myself first and look at myself in the mirror.
Make sure I'm getting the most out of me and being 100% on myself before I then start going alright, what about this?
What about that?"

"There's already enough that we're trying to problem solve over a weekend with set up and all these things. Making sure that I'm not just sending them on a path that is a waste of energy for everyone," Ricciardo said.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/280694/r ... assis.html
The Power of Dreams!