2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

FittingMechanics wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 09:37
John Noble (Autosport) journalist predicting a McLaren 1-2 :D

Let's hope he guessed right.
I hope he does not get the Gary Anderson curse :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SilviuAgo

RW for Canada:

And vs main competitors:

MTudor
MTudor

BMMR61 wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 09:02
Emag wrote:
31 May 2024, 23:42
I am surprised he made such a statement. Don't think its wise signaling things to rivals, both for good and for bad.
Yeah, and he isn't the sort of run-off-at-the-mouth guy like Horner or Wolf. I think he has decided that openness in many of these areas doesn't really allow the competition any advantage. After all, it's one thing to hear X has achieved more than their simulations predicted, and another thing to be able to deduce what they did to achieve the same and what direction they are going. It's an incredibly exciting time to be with McLaren (or Ferrari) but I suspect the orange ship is sailing a little more steadily and safely than the red one. A new driver lineup with a former champion having to blend with a fast and ambitious teammate who's established is just one challenge they will have. I think it will be a lot nigglier than the present pair. Our guys seem to have good manners, I know, you put the sniff of wins and championships on the menu and that can all change.

Ît's PAPAYA not Oorange!!!
If our fans don't make that diference how can we expect our rivals to do so.
The papaya colours is our identity and must not be confused with other colours!!!

MTudor
MTudor

SmallSoldier wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 21:30
Seanspeed wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 20:47
LionsHeart wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 20:33

Look for photos of previous specifications and compare with the latest iteration. No CFD knowledge is required here. Knowledge of geometry is enough.
Dude, you may have some knowledge, but you are jumping to lots of very certain conclusions off of fairly little here. Even Mclaren themselves seem unsure of exactly why they've improved so much, so ascertaining that you have figured everything out by looking at a picture and a bit of footage is a little much man.
Nah… He can not only deduct movements on CoP based on a picture by simply using Geometry… I’m guessing he can also do volumetric geometry without using a single calculation… And someway somehow determine the stiffness of the suspension based on that too.

Shame on McLaren, they shouldn’t spend Millions in Aerodynamicists, Engineers, CFD tools, Wind Tunnel, etc… It was never about Fluid Dynamics, it was all about finding someone that could look at flows, pressure gradients and suspension dynamics from a picture.

Your mockery wasn't necesary imo!

ScottR267
ScottR267

Last edited by ScottR267 on 07 Jun 2024, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

mwillems

He's got a truckers suntan!

If you replace x with twitter in the URL then the website will resolve and show the tweet
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 14:40

If you replace x with twitter in the URL then the website will resolve and show the tweet
So that's how it works! :D And I was wondering why nothing works for me.

Very happy for Zak. So pleased. Looking forward to Oscar's win and a tattoo in his honor. :lol:

BMMR61

MTudor wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 12:50
BMMR61 wrote:
Emag wrote:
31 May 2024, 23:42
I am surprised he made such a statement. Don't think its wise signaling things to rivals, both for good and for bad.
Yeah, and he isn't the sort of run-off-at-the-mouth guy like Horner or Wolf. I think he has decided that openness in many of these areas doesn't really allow the competition any advantage. After all, it's one thing to hear X has achieved more than their simulations predicted, and another thing to be able to deduce what they did to achieve the same and what direction they are going. It's an incredibly exciting time to be with McLaren (or Ferrari) but I suspect the orange ship is sailing a little more steadily and safely than the red one. A new driver lineup with a former champion having to blend with a fast and ambitious teammate who's established is just one challenge they will have. I think it will be a lot nigglier than the present pair. Our guys seem to have good manners, I know, you put the sniff of wins and championships on the menu and that can all change.

The papaya colours is our identity and must not be confused with other colours!!!
I won't let it happen again! Papaya it is LOL.
It first appeared in 1968 on the M7A, the first Cosworth powered McLaren. At that time national colours were used a lot. McLaren as a New Zealand team weren't leaned towards NZ's black national colour, they wanted something that would stand out. A can of papaya paint was found in the old workshop and it stuck, diluted by Yardley in 1973, lost to red and white Texaco in 1974 when they won their first championship. Thanks Zak for bringing papaya back. There I got it in three times!

Anyway go papaya in Canada, the winningest team there with 13 wins.

mclaren111

BMMR61 wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 15:58
MTudor wrote:
BMMR61 wrote:

It first appeared in 1968 on the M7A, the first Cosworth powered McLaren. At that time national colours were used a lot. McLaren as a New Zealand team weren't leaned towards NZ's black national colour, they wanted something that would stand out. A can of papaya paint was found in the old workshop and it stuck, diluted by Yardley in 1973, lost to red and white Texaco in 1974 when they won their first championship. Thanks Zak for bringing papaya back. There I got it in three times!

=D> =D>

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

So far I am happy with one forecast. There is a higher chance of rain on Saturday than on Sunday. And Sunday will be the coldest day compared to Friday and Saturday. This could work in our favor in the race.

mwillems

BMMR61 wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 15:58
MTudor wrote:
BMMR61 wrote:

Winningest?

Do we just make words up now?? 😆

-Bandit

ScottR267
ScottR267

mwillems wrote:

Thanks mate, since it was changed to X I was none the wiser on how to upload to show the tweet as an image! Good old Elon!

mwillems

ScottR267 wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 17:52
mwillems wrote:

Thanks mate, since it was changed to X I was none the wiser on how to upload to show the tweet as an image! Good old Elon!
Looks like they are running a redirect right now so both work for any link

-Bandit

billamend
billamend

SilviuAgo

Auch...that looks bad.