2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Can't compete for championships with this kind of underperformance. Pole? Maybe not, but they should be in the top 10 easily. This track, these kerbs, nothing about it should be bad for Ferrari.

dia6olo
dia6olo

Seanspeed wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 10:24
codetower wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 03:44
It’s a select few posters only who claim to be true fans. I doubt it.

Frustrated today, yes. But not the end of the world. Colder tracks give us issues. Maybe wrong setup also. P11/P12 could have been worse though. It’s one race. If it ends up raining, they may end up having made the right setup decision.
There's nothing in the 'true fan' rulebook saying you have to be blindly positive. Wishful thinking and prayers from fans dont actually make the car go faster.

Anyways, I dont think it's just low tire grip, the car seems to fundamentally have a slow front end under any kind of real load. The Red Bull also doesn't have the most responsive turn-in but makes up for it with superior downforce and amazing rear grip under acceleration. While the Mclaren has an incredibly pointy front end, while having no real weaknesses anymore.

Bottom line, the Mclaren is clearly the better overall car than the Ferrari. I dont know what more people need to see to understand that. Ferrari does not need to be thinking about any kind of championships right now; problem solving and improving the car should be #1 priority above all else. Because unless things change, Mclaren will overtake Ferrari in the WDC/WCC and be the only ones capable of fighting Red Bull for WCC.

Mercedes improvement is also worrying for Ferrari. Contrary to how people have talked about them, they haven't been that far behind Ferrari/Mclaren for most of the year. That new front wing seems to be working miracles for them.
We had all of the same negative talk last year from a lot of people.

"Ferrari were so bad that they had been overtaken by a (midfield team) Austin Martin... They were so bad that they had even dropped behind Mercedes who were rubbish in 2022... And to compound how bad they were they were also overtaken by a McLaren who came from the back end of the grid with one upgrade..."

Yet somehow Ferrari outscore them all over the second half of the season, Mercedes and AM by a lot and they only failed to grab P2 in the constructors because of a Vegas grid.

I would say not to shabby for a car/team that were so bad.
This car has some problems but it is in a completely different place to were last years car was and so is the team.
The season is young and after having seen how Ferrari handled 2023 with the SF-23 which for all intense and purpose was a car dumped on them by the previous "team", I would say there is plenty to be optimistic about and I for one expect Ferrari to shine through over the season.

Vanja #66

dia6olo wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 11:29

"Ferrari were so bad that they had been overtaken by a (midfield team) Austin Martin... They were so bad that they had even dropped behind Mercedes who were rubbish in 2022... And to compound how bad they were they were also overtaken by a McLaren who came from the back end of the grid with one upgrade..."

Yet somehow Ferrari outscore them all over the second half of the season, Mercedes and AM by a lot and they only failed to grab P2 in the constructors because of a Vegas grid.
People are hoping for a title despite the realities of previous two seasons, even though they won't admit it. Ferrari have been on a steady progress since Canada last year, even if they did make a couple of bizarre mistakes with startegy and poor inspection work in the garage.

They have overdone it on tyre conservation in the race and are unable to turn them on for Q in very cold weather with this car, same as Japan and China Q. This was a response to a car that was overcooking its tyres way too much last year and with margins as close as they are, this leaves them exposed in these rare events.

Points are awarded on Sundays, so let's see what they can salvage. It seems like it will be a cold, but dry race, so there's not much they can do other than try a one-stop race or hope to be able to overtake and go for a S-M-S, cars in from will most likely go M-H-H. Anything more than 10p in total today will be a big success.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

deadhead

Cs98 wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 10:34
Can't compete for championships with this kind of underperformance. Pole? Maybe not, but they should be in the top 10 easily. This track, these kerbs, nothing about it should be bad for Ferrari.
They would’ve been fighting for pole with 50c track temp. Not sure where the cut off is for this car, but when temp falls under a certain threshold it simply disappears performance wise.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

According to weather reports, there is a 100% chance of rain all through the race (Hopefully not too much to cancel the race).

In this scenario, things might get very interesting. Charles had excellent race pace in FP2 on the inters. It is rare to be hoping for rain as a Ferrari supporter, but this is our best chance today :)

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/weath ... treal.html
Last edited by Sphere3758 on 09 Jun 2024, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Cs98
Cs98

deadhead wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 12:55
Cs98 wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 10:34
They would’ve been fighting for pole with 50c track temp. Not sure where the cut off is for this car, but when temp falls under a certain threshold it simply disappears performance wise.
Not the impression I got when watching Leclerc's onboard. It was a clown show. They opted for a used set on the second run in Q2 and then didn't do a prep lap because they were worried a few drops of rain could come at the chequered flag, which never happened of course. So Leclerc started his lap despite saying the tyres were nowhere near ready, and was subsequently slow. This wasn't a case of missing performance, this was poor execution. New tyres or going for the prep lap would've most certainly landed him in Q3 with a margin.

deadhead

Sphere3758 wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 13:11
According to weather reports, there is a 100% chance of rain all through the race (Hopefully not too much to cancel the race).

In this scenario, things might get very interesting. Charles had excellent race pace in FP2 on the inters. It is rare to be hoping for rain as a Ferrari supporter, but this is our best chance today :)

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/weath ... treal.html
I can’t recall a single wet/mixed conditions race where LEC did well so hopefully this will be the first

Vanja #66

deadhead wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 13:36
I can’t recall a single wet/mixed conditions race where LEC did well so hopefully this will be the first
Monaco 22, he was on rails and far ahead until Xavi pulled him in for a brilliant double stop
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

dia6olo wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 11:29

I would say not to shabby for a car/team that were so bad.
This car has some problems but it is in a completely different place to were last years car was and so is the team.
The season is young and after having seen how Ferrari handled 2023 with the SF-23 which for all intense and purpose was a car dumped on them by the previous "team", I would say there is plenty to be optimistic about and I for one expect Ferrari to shine through over the season.
The season is growing not so young anymore, and Ferrari has gone backwards in the order.

Yes yes, compared to last year things are much better. Of course. I'm not saying the team is falling apart or that we're all doomed forever, just speaking to this season specifically. The car is still very clear not good enough, and nobody should be talking about championships or anything until that changes. Monaco really hoodwinked a lot of people, when Monaco is like the most 'exception of exceptions' on the whole calendar, not to mention that Mclaren were pretty much just as fast as us there, too.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

AmateurDriver wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 12:47
Yeah, Mercedes is a big threat. It seemed that they dropped the ball as a consequence of corporate Mercedes loosing a bit of interest in races. But Toto's core business IS F1. His commitment is true and uncompromised. And he will be pushing for results in races. Are we sure the same assumptions apply to Ferrari?
Yes, we can be sure that Ferrari of all teams, cares about F1. jfc I feel ridiculous even dignifying such a claim with a response at all.

Cs98
Cs98

Vanja #66 wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 13:43
deadhead wrote:
Monaco 22, he was on rails and far ahead until Xavi pulled him in for a brilliant double stop
Monaco :lol:

The real answer is Turkey 2020. One of the best wet performances I've seen, until the final lap.

SharkY
SharkY

Yes, the quali results are awful, but hailing Ferrari as incompetent is beyond my understanding.
Ferrari currently holds 2nd place in WCC and are not so far behind RBR.
And somehow this incompetent Ferrari were outscored by this much more complete team with a better car (McLaren) only once this season. In Imola, by a whopping 5 pts.
It's a shame they had a bad quali, but points are scored today and so far this the results show Ferrari in quite a good light.

BTW I can't find the tyres used. Does Ferrari have 2 new sets of mediums?

SAEED
SAEED

Cs98 wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 14:08
Vanja #66 wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 13:43
deadhead wrote:
Monaco :lol:

The real answer is Turkey 2020. One of the best wet performances I've seen, until the final lap.
Until the 3rd last corner :)
The amount up time he made up on Vettel coming from so far behind was insane.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Another race which comes to mind is Singapore 22. He was in a different league to Sainz that day.

He is more than capable of pulling off a stellar performance in the wet. It , like always in F1, depends on how happy the driver is with the car.

jambuka
jambuka

leclerc engine issue. Ferrari either has bad car, or bad engine or bad strategy.