2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 03:22
zoroastar wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 02:55
it sucks that alonsos last victory was in barcelona several years back with ferrari, and ever since then, decent car or not, the teams hes been at have been bad at barcelona haha. he hasnt had a really good home race in over a decade. aston need to do something about that. i doubt itll be this year though. fingers crossed
I don't know what the explanation is, but he has had a very hard time in Spain since his return. It has been a massive struggle, more than any other circuit.
Could be the off-track struggles of a home race. Loads more media duties, different routine, more sponsorship obligations, gotta pay more attention to fans, more pressure. Maybe it all adds up to slightly worse performance and in sport of fine margins that can make a difference

zoroastar

organic wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 05:10
AR3-GP wrote:
zoroastar wrote:
it sucks that alonsos last victory was in barcelona several years back with ferrari, and ever since then, decent car or not, the teams hes been at have been bad at barcelona haha. he hasnt had a really good home race in over a decade. aston need to do something about that. i doubt itll be this year though. fingers crossed
I don't know what the explanation is, but he has had a very hard time in Spain since his return. It has been a massive struggle, more than any other circuit.
Could be the off-track struggles of a home race. Loads more media duties, different routine, more sponsorship obligations, gotta pay more attention to fans, more pressure. Maybe it all adds up to slightly worse performance and in sport of fine margins that can make a difference
i mean it could be that stuff, but i dont remember many times when his teammate did much better. the main problem has been that he hasnt had a competitive car until last year haha. and they were bad in spain. i think that he may have gotten a podium in 2014 with ferrari, but since then, mclaren and alpine were midfield cars at best while he was there.

SSJ4
SSJ4

So Horner is accusing ferrari,
McLaren and Mercedes front wings flexing excessively and the FIA are ignoring it.

Always been convinced they’ve had an agenda against alonso for years

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

SSJ4 wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 12:09
McLaren and Mercedes front wings flexing excessively and the FIA are ignoring it.

Did you guys seen the front wing camera for Redbull, this wing have an own life ,literally went out from the camera view then back at braking point. Is bend,turn is twist at same time. I didn't seen any similar at Aston since the banned front wing.

-wkst-
-wkst-

SSJ4 wrote:
Please stop with such BS.

If this whole front wing saga is true last year, AMR was simply way too far beyond the limit that the FIA was forced to step in.

diffuser

zoroastar wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 08:29
organic wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 05:10
AR3-GP wrote:

i mean it could be that stuff, but i dont remember many times when his teammate did much better. the main problem has been that he hasnt had a competitive car until last year haha. and they were bad in spain. i think that he may have gotten a podium in 2014 with ferrari, but since then, mclaren and alpine were midfield cars at best while he was there.
Think they'd be happy with the 6th and 7th they got last year, this year.

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai wrote:
08 Jun 2024, 03:04
I remembered what was said last year about the issue of having to change parts every race between specs with the AMR23 depending on each circuit and how this year they wouldn't need to do it, that the AMR24 would have a bigger operating window and the intention was to make it work well on all tracks without swapping parts. McCullough was keen on repeating that multiple times if you recall.

Well as we know they had to drop the new front wing at Monaco and revert to the old spec for performance reasons. So that was a failure.
Mike Krack has said Aston Martin did not use the Imola front wing in Monaco due to logistics reasons. So I may have been wrong here and I apologize.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 16:39
KimiRai wrote:
I remembered what was said last year about the issue of having to change parts every race between specs with the AMR23 depending on each circuit and how this year they wouldn't need to do it, that the AMR24 would have a bigger operating window and the intention was to make it work well on all tracks without swapping parts. McCullough was keen on repeating that multiple times if you recall.

Well as we know they had to drop the new front wing at Monaco and revert to the old spec for performance reasons. So that was a failure.
Mike Krack has said Aston Martin did not use the Imola front wing in Monaco due to logistics reasons. So I may have been wrong here and I apologize.

Where did you read that ?

That could also mean they decided that they didn't really need it in Monaco and just put it on a boat and shipped it directly from Imola to Canada.

diffuser

diffuser wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 18:07
KimiRai wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 16:39
KimiRai wrote:

Where did you read that ?

That could also mean they decided that they didn't really need it in Monaco and just put it on a boat and shipped it directly from Imola to Canada.
https://formu1a.uno/it/aston-martin-in- ... ga-perche/

On the track in Montreal the front wing of Imola was revised, which had not been brought to Monaco. A choice dictated by Logistic Reasons, explained Krack. “ We wanted to bring enough of it, for this reason we decided not to use it in Monaco, so as not to risk too many accidents. He did what we wanted him to do and we are happy to have reused it.

The Italian version "Volevamo portarne una quantità sufficiente, per questo motivo abbiamo deciso di non utilizzarla a Monaco, per non rischiare troppi incidenti. Ha fatto quello che noi volessimo facesse e siamo contenti di averla riutilizzata.”. Sounds more like they didn't want incidents in Monaco to leave them short of the Front wings for Montreal.

Nikosar
Nikosar

According to Business F1 Magazine, NEWEY to Ferrari is a done deal. For 3 year until 2027.

This will push Enrico Cardile out and favours a move to Aston Martin F1.

SSJ4
SSJ4

well i hope the new floor adds performance or allows to extract more performance from current package. cos apparently racing bulls are bringing a new package worth between 2-3 tenths

Waz
Waz

AR3-GP wrote:
zoroastar wrote:
The track was resurfaced in 2014, I think, and made it the billard table smooth circuit it is now. Before then, it was a little bumpy and had some character. That's where Alonso would find his advantage every year, by knowing the character of the circuit so well.

Even with a bad car, he would do well. It was spoken of around the time of the resurfacing, that he may lose his home ground advantage.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
12 Jun 2024, 13:12
SSJ4 wrote:

Did you guys seen the front wing camera for Redbull, this wing have an own life ,literally went out from the camera view then back at braking point. Is bend,turn is twist at same time. I didn't seen any similar at Aston since the banned front wing.
It would seem that they manage to keep it from flexing in the static tests, so in the race if it flexes it is not a problem according to the regulations. So good on them for managing to make it work in the race

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sherrinford wrote:
14 Jun 2024, 19:04
It would seem that they manage to keep it from flexing in the static tests, so in the race if it flexes it is not a problem according to the regulations. So good on them for managing to make it work in the race
Aston Martin never failed any test last year.

delsando53
delsando53