2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Re: McLaren MCL38

I haven't seen anything new yet.

Update: Oscar says the team did not have any technical updates ready for Barcelona.

CjC
CjC

LionsHeart wrote:
20 Jun 2024, 18:50

Update: Oscar says the team did not have any technical updates ready for Barcelona.
Oh well that’s disappointing :(
Just a fan's point of view

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
20 Jun 2024, 19:36
LionsHeart wrote:

I don't know, maybe he was joking? In any case, maybe the updates will come to Austria or the UK?

Oscar Piastri: “As far as I know, we won’t have any new things this weekend, unless the team is keeping them a secret from me! (laughs) But that’s unlikely.

This is what I saw on a Russian language site. Unfortunately, the source is unknown to me.

MTudor
MTudor

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

BMMR61 wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 15:58
MTudor wrote:
07 Jun 2024, 12:50
BMMR61 wrote:
01 Jun 2024, 09:02

Yeah, and he isn't the sort of run-off-at-the-mouth guy like Horner or Wolf. I think he has decided that openness in many of these areas doesn't really allow the competition any advantage. After all, it's one thing to hear X has achieved more than their simulations predicted, and another thing to be able to deduce what they did to achieve the same and what direction they are going. It's an incredibly exciting time to be with McLaren (or Ferrari) but I suspect the orange ship is sailing a little more steadily and safely than the red one. A new driver lineup with a former champion having to blend with a fast and ambitious teammate who's established is just one challenge they will have. I think it will be a lot nigglier than the present pair. Our guys seem to have good manners, I know, you put the sniff of wins and championships on the menu and that can all change.

Ît's PAPAYA not Oorange!!!
If our fans don't make that diference how can we expect our rivals to do so.
The papaya colours is our identity and must not be confused with other colours!!!
I won't let it happen again! Papaya it is LOL.
It first appeared in 1968 on the M7A, the first Cosworth powered McLaren. At that time national colours were used a lot. McLaren as a New Zealand team weren't leaned towards NZ's black national colour, they wanted something that would stand out. A can of papaya paint was found in the old workshop and it stuck, diluted by Yardley in 1973, lost to red and white Texaco in 1974 when they won their first championship. Thanks Zak for bringing papaya back. There I got it in three times!

Anyway go papaya in Canada, the winningest team there with 13 wins.

Chapeaux 👏👏👏
Lot's of new and interesting informations.
Thanks

mwillems

Coca Cola appear to be on the front wing this weekend
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Tomsky
Tomsky

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Thank you. It's good when a team has employees who have worked in the team for many years and continue to work. I thought he left the team a long time ago, around the same time as other staff members like Jonathan Neal or Tim Goss.

CjC
CjC

LionsHeart wrote:
20 Jun 2024, 20:13
CjC wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:

I don't know, maybe he was joking? In any case, maybe the updates will come to Austria or the UK?

Oscar Piastri: “As far as I know, we won’t have any new things this weekend, unless the team is keeping them a secret from me! (laughs) But that’s unlikely.

This is what I saw on a Russian language site. Unfortunately, the source is unknown to me.
It says in here too that there aren’t any upgrades for Mclaren.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 9ICeI.html

I thought Stella said that there would be something in Spain as it’s a case of small steps from now on rather than the big packages?

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 09:15
LionsHeart wrote:
CjC wrote:

I thought Stella said that there would be something in Spain as it’s a case of small steps from now on rather than the big packages?
Okay. Let's wait for Red Bull Ring and Silverstone.

Yes, that's right. Stella talked about small updates, and in general he kind of hinted that updates could come out more often, as soon as they are ready. But I don't remember any direct words about updates being in Barcelona. I think he said that updates would be in the next races. And that can be interpreted in different ways.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

CjC wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 09:15
LionsHeart wrote:
CjC wrote:

I don't think Stella mentioned any race specifically, I know he did say coming races.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Mcl_G10
Mcl_G10

Optimistic about this weekend. The field is going to be ridiculously tight IMO. Driver can and will make the differences but I believe we will have both cars qualifying in the top 4 with lando having a great shot at pole.

mclaren111

Nice find... 8)
Last edited by mclaren111 on 21 Jun 2024, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.

CjC
CjC

Mcl_G10 wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 11:17
Optimistic about this weekend. The field is going to be ridiculously tight IMO. Driver can and will make the differences but I believe we will have both cars qualifying in the top 4 with lando having a great shot at pole.
Well Red Bull and Ferrari have brought upgrades so if McLaren are close to pole and/or the win then it’s another lost opportunity.
If they are miles off then they have been out developed for this weekend in particular.
Or if they win- they have had a worldie

We’ll find out by Sunday tea time :)

CjC
CjC

Neither driver happy with their first runs

MrGapes

very impressive heavy fuel run end of fp1.