2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SSJ4
SSJ4

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Shambolic. Considering we never improve over night. May as well not run the cars

RedNEO

SSJ4 wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 18:40

Shambolic. Considering we never improve over night. May as well not run the cars
Only small silver lining is that Newey will look at this and see what team will appreciate him the most and the difference he will make. I hope it’s enough to convince him his efforts would be highly valued by everyone at Aston Martin.

FNTC
FNTC

If they can get Newey it might be a game changer for 2026, at least if Honda comes up with a competitive engine. Lots of people and media try to downplay the effects of Newey, but just look at the drop off of the Red Bull since he left the car development just the last few weeks. I think he had a hand in setting up that car to perform well too, hes not just an aerodynamicist. But its no guarantee to be in front even if they get him. But hopefully they can at least develop a car throughout a season for once too...

If Lawrence comes up with some kind of performance related bonus system for Newey I think he might do it. Going to Ferrari means they would expect nothing less than winning. Going to the underdogs and working with Alonso might trump going to Ferrari to work with Hamilton and dealing with the insane pressure there.
Last edited by FNTC on 21 Jun 2024, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

FNTC wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 18:55
If they can get Newey it might be a game changer for 2026, at least if Honda comes up with a competitive engine. Lots of people and media try to downplay the effects of Newey, but just look at the drop off of the Red Bull since he left the car development just the last few weeks. I think he had a hand in setting up that car to perform well too, hes not just an aerodynamicist. But its no guarantee to be in front even if they get him. But hopefully they can at least develop a car throughout a season for once too...
I strongly believe having Newey is the closest thing to having a silver bullet and if Honda produce an engine on par with the best then Newey is who you want to make the difference. As you said look how ordinary Red Bull look and that’s just at the mid season point!! Newey is gold.
Last edited by RedNEO on 21 Jun 2024, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 18:16
Rikrikrik wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 18:04
I really dont know how some poeple still defending this team. They are a terrible joke and they will be the worst team before summer break. Unbeliveable. And still posing like a top team in the interviews
Who’s defending them? When people make comments like this attacking the air instead of being specific the wrong people might get the wrong idea.

Anyway what’s the alternative? Throw in the towel completely? I’m critical of the current leadership and technical team that needs to change but I know Lawrence is doing that so I’m not just going to give up and do what? Go support another team? Pfft geez relax

Like Krack said, everything is going to plan. The problem isn't that this year we were too slow. The problem was that last year we got lucky and were alot better than expected at the beginning of the year. There are alot of things they need to learn.

You guys keep speaking like the project is a finished. It's not. they've hired more than 400 people over the last couple of years. Things are changing all the time. They are not an established team yet. They know they are missing pieces.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:02
RedNEO wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:
I really dont know how some poeple still defending this team. They are a terrible joke and they will be the worst team before summer break. Unbeliveable. And still posing like a top team in the interviews
Who’s defending them? When people make comments like this attacking the air instead of being specific the wrong people might get the wrong idea.

Anyway what’s the alternative? Throw in the towel completely? I’m critical of the current leadership and technical team that needs to change but I know Lawrence is doing that so I’m not just going to give up and do what? Go support another team? Pfft geez relax

Like Krack said, everything is going to plan. The problem isn't that this year we were too slow. The problem was that last year we got lucky and were alot better than expected at the beginning of the year. There are alot of things they need to learn.

You guys keep speaking like the project is a finished. It's not. they've hired more than 400 people over the last couple of years. Things are changing all the time. They are not an established team yet. They know they are missing pieces.
Na Krack is saying they were accidentally fast and then kept going backwards. The problem is they have kept going backwards. Stroll Snr had a meeting with Krack and Dan after Imola. They are both on their last legs. No point defending them at this point if the updates carry on being a wet fart.
Last edited by RedNEO on 21 Jun 2024, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Emag
Emag

RedNEO wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:05
diffuser wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

Na Krack is saying they were accidentally fast and then kept going backwards. The problem is they have kept going backwards. Stroll Snr had meeting with Krack and Dan after Imola. They are both on their last legs. No point defending them at this point if the updates carry on being a wet fart.
Wait, so they were unexpectedly fast early 2023, as in they didn't know why the car was performing that well?

RedNEO

Emag wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:07
RedNEO wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Na Krack is saying they were accidentally fast and then kept going backwards. The problem is they have kept going backwards. Stroll Snr had meeting with Krack and Dan after Imola. They are both on their last legs. No point defending them at this point if the updates carry on being a wet fart.
Wait, so they were unexpectedly fast early 2023, as in they didn't know why the car was performing that well?
Well the proof is in the pudding. If they knew then they wouldn’t be where they are now. Lost.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Emag wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:07
RedNEO wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Yeah something along the lines of. They didn’t think it would be that easy to find gains or improve by that much

Also we were quicker in fp2 last year without the flexi wing

Nikosar
Nikosar

RedNEO wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 18:46
SSJ4 wrote:

Only small silver lining is that Newey will look at this and see what team will appreciate him the most and the difference he will make. I hope it’s enough to convince him his efforts would be highly valued by everyone at Aston Martin.
We know that he's very loyal to Red Bull and that he left out of frustration. At his age, he doesn't need to continue and he's already won everything. If he wants to continue, the only clever thing to do is to get the biggest pay cheque possible and retire, with Ferrari, Williams or Aston without worrying about performance.

Nikosar
Nikosar

diffuser wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:

He did not say that, he said Aston Martin is far behind the planwith performance progress in 2024 so far

RedNEO

Nikosar wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:18
RedNEO wrote:
SSJ4 wrote:

We know that he's very loyal to Red Bull and that he left out of frustration. At his age, he doesn't need to continue and he's already won everything. If he wants to continue, the only clever thing to do is to get the biggest pay cheque possible and retire, with Ferrari, Williams or Aston without worrying about performance.
If you know anything about Newey you should know that money is not what drives him. He’s after a challenge. He also doesn’t like teams who are ruled by committee or that are too political hence why Williams (American owners) is already out the picture and why Aston has become the front runner over teams like Ferrari/Merc.

Kamel
Kamel

Waattaphuk
Come on Aston, wake up

FNTC
FNTC

I think the whole narrative that they were accidentally fast in the start of last season is at least in part, a strategy to save face and avoid talking about the wings that got banned. That seems like the real reason they were so fast.

Nikosar
Nikosar

RedNEO wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:22
Nikosar wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:18
RedNEO wrote:

If you know anything about Newey you should know that money is not what drives him. He’s after a challenge. He also doesn’t like teams who are ruled by committee or that are too political hence why Williams (American owners) is already out the picture and why Aston has become the front runner over teams like Ferrari/Merc.
if it was for the challenge and to avoid politics, he would have already signed for Ferrari