2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
deadhead

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Sphere3758 wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:29
deadhead wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 19:26
Is it just me or does LEC have set up issues way too often?
You know who has more ? Max Verstappen
hah true but he seems to find the way going in to quali and I haven't seen that with LEC.. today remined me of Australia

Xyz22
Xyz22

deadhead wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:10
Sphere3758 wrote:
deadhead wrote:
hah true but he seems to find the way going in to quali and I haven't seen that with LEC.. today remined me of Australia
Actually Leclerc was super competitive in FP1 and Fp2 in Australia.

Anyway i think both him and Sainz won't be in the top 5 in Q3 tomorrow.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

deadhead wrote:
Sphere3758 wrote:
deadhead wrote:
Charles in Miami spun out of fp1 on a sprint weekend but still qualified p2 twice and finished p2/p3. I still find it hilarious that irrespective of what he does, one mediocre test session and his entire capability gets questioned

JPower
JPower

Sphere3758 wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:23
deadhead wrote:
Sphere3758 wrote:

Charles in Miami spun out of fp1 on a sprint weekend but still qualified p2 twice and finished p2/p3. I still find it hilarious that irrespective of what he does, one mediocre test session and his entire capability gets questioned
Where is anyone questioning his "entire capability"?

dialtone
dialtone

Xyz22 wrote:
deadhead wrote:
Sphere3758 wrote:

Have you been positive about Ferrari chances this year at all?

To not be in the top 5 means both MCLs, Merc, and Max would be ahead, when SAI has the best race pace and had the 2nd time while being the first to set it, and as usual Ferrari brings up the engine on Saturday.

I get thinking not on pole, but out of top 5…

jambuka
jambuka

Are we back to Bahrain last year ?

Xyz22
Xyz22

dialtone wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:26
Xyz22 wrote:
deadhead wrote:

To not be in the top 5 means both MCLs, Merc, and Max would be ahead, when SAI has the best race pace and had the 2nd time while being the first to set it, and as usual Ferrari brings up the engine on Saturday.

I don't understand this reaction. It's just a personal prediction and also i've been quite optimistic this season, relatively to what is really possible (clearly not winning the championship).

dialtone
dialtone

Xyz22 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
Xyz22 wrote: Actually Leclerc was super competitive in FP1 and Fp2 in Australia.

I don't understand this reaction. It's just a personal prediction and also i've been quite optimistic this season, relatively to what is really possible (clearly not winning the championship).
I’m just discussing your opinion, not trying to stir up anything.

From what I saw, at least in SAIs hands the car is quite competitive.

What data leads you to believe it’s not top 5? I wrote why it is top 5 in my view.

Xyz22
Xyz22

dialtone wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:39
Xyz22 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

What data leads you to believe it’s not top 5? I wrote why it is top 5 in my view.
McL and MB competitiveness mainly. Ferrari usually outperforms on Friday compared to the rest of the weekend, and the average quali position of Leclerc and Sainz i believe is quite close to 5.
The last WE probably had a huge impact, but still we look better here so i think getting into Q3 will be easy. Top 5? That's different.

Hopefully i'm wrong and you are right though :D

dani5549
dani5549

Xyz22 wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:41
dialtone wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:39
Xyz22 wrote:

McL and MB competitiveness mainly. Ferrari usually outperforms on Friday compared to the rest of the weekend, and the average quali position of Leclerc and Sainz i believe is quite close to 5.
The last WE probably had a huge impact, but still we look better here so i think getting into Q3 will be easy. Top 5? That's different.

Hopefully i'm wrong and you are right though :D
There have been many instances of Mercedes being great on Friday and getting the 6th and 7th, i won't write them in the mix for now

bluechris

I strongly believe Ferrari will be in top form in qual and race. The team did today calculated tests to understand the updates. Tomorrow in FP3 we will see if they got it right today and they will pass the setup to both cars and all the updates to Leclerc.
Keep faith in them, they try their best with fast car updates which is not easy thing to do. We are not RB with a Saint designer in our back's that provides a perfect car from the get go.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Leclerc said in interviews that they can do a lot better and they he is confident tomorrow the car will take a step forward

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

bluechris wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:53
I strongly believe Ferrari will be in top form in qual and race. The team did today calculated tests to understand the updates. Tomorrow in FP3 we will see if they got it right today and they will pass the setup to both cars and all the updates to Leclerc.
Keep faith in them, they try their best with fast car updates which is not easy thing to do. We are not RB with a Saint designer in our back's that provides a perfect car from the get go.
If either Mercedes/Ferrari/Mclaren beat Redbull this week, it would be more conclusive proof that Redbull has been out developed in a season even before the summer break having had a half a second advantage to start off.

Ferrari would be ripped to shreds if this were to happen btw, so I would not disregard the amazingly competent engineers at all the top teams

Vanja #66

Starting position before this weekend was going to be behind RB and probably McLaren. So far Sainz was very competitive and still wants to improve, while Leclerc was ok in FP2 but without putting the lap together and is confident he can improve a lot. We'll see where Mercedes stands, but having both cars in Top 5 in Q3 seems quite doable. I wouldn't discard being less than 0.1s off pole, which definitely wasn't going to happen without updates, especially since RB brought new stuff too and Mercedes got lighter
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Sphere3758 wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:58
bluechris wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:53
If either Mercedes/Ferrari/Mclaren beat Redbull this week, it would be more conclusive proof that Redbull has been out developed in a season even before the summer break having had a half a second advantage to start off.

Ferrari would be ripped to shreds if this were to happen btw, so I would not disregard the amazingly competent engineers at all the top teams
I'm starting to believe that Newey had a huge influence on general setup direction as well.
I think they have the highest peak performance, so i still i think they will be on pole tomorrow

Found this table with race trim lap times on Reddit. Seems different from the one posted before.