2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Looking at top and cornering speeds around the track, seems Ferrari hit the bull's eye with the mid-high load wing. RB and McLaren have either Monaco or Canada wings at their disposal and both options are problematic one way or another, not by much, but the difference is there. They are also faster on straights than Mercs (Russell had a decent tow on his best lap and got 3-4kmh boost) even if Merc is using arguably smaller wing.

FP3 and Q will be very, very competitive sessions, gaps will be crazy small judging from how today went
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

FeelHeel
FeelHeel

Seeing the mechanics making such major changes on CL’s car is a bit worrying. Would think the team would arrive with a reasonable setup and would only make minor tweaks. Been a Ferrari fan since the 1960s. This is looking like a very good team and a fully competitive car.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man, but he was not a good man.
— Phil Hill

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

FeelHeel wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 21:39
Seeing the mechanics making such major changes on CL’s car is a bit worrying. Would think the team would arrive with a reasonable setup and would only make minor tweaks. Been a Ferrari fan since the 1960s. This is looking like a very good team and a fully competitive car.
Charles said the small change just took longer than expected, it was a mistake by the engineers I think

jambuka
jambuka

Fred also needs to look into the mechanical team. Seems like Charles side specially has a lot of issues more often. Engine issue, Brake issue, clutch issue etc. Almost seems like both side of the garages follow different procedural steps.

bluechris

Sphere3758 wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:58
bluechris wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 20:53
I strongly believe Ferrari will be in top form in qual and race. The team did today calculated tests to understand the updates. Tomorrow in FP3 we will see if they got it right today and they will pass the setup to both cars and all the updates to Leclerc.
Keep faith in them, they try their best with fast car updates which is not easy thing to do. We are not RB with a Saint designer in our back's that provides a perfect car from the get go.
If either Mercedes/Ferrari/Mclaren beat Redbull this week, it would be more conclusive proof that Redbull has been out developed in a season even before the summer break having had a half a second advantage to start off.

Ferrari would be ripped to shreds if this were to happen btw, so I would not disregard the amazingly competent engineers at all the top teams
Some times you do your best but the competition finds something better. What will RB do is not a criterion for me at all, we started 2024 a bit better from 2023 but with the back foot trying to fix 1.5+ years of mistakes.
I watch the races mainly onboard from Leclerc and some times from Max or Norris etc but mainly from Leclerc, i saw the car in the FP2 more agile and Leclerc is not really fighting during the drive so there is too much to give but also Carlos is motivated hard in Spain.

Anyway,we have a saying in Greece that says "tomorrow they shave the groom" so we will see :)

f1316
f1316

I don’t know how to feel about today. With Sainz we’re closer to Max than I expected but so is everyone else, so this is seemingly more about Red Bull’s struggles than our strong performance. Whenever Sainz is leading the charge though, I tend to think it’s probably because Leclerc is struggling and that there would be more in the package if he found a setup he liked - it’s kinda like (to a lesser extent) if Perez was leading the charge for Red Bull, you would usually feel as if the car could go faster if everything was where Max needed it. So that makes me worried of another missed opportunity where the potential isn’t quite being realised.

Charles seemed like they knew how to get there so hopefully they do their homework over night and take a step forward. I fully expect Max to take a big step though.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Let's see if they improved the car compared to yesterday. Would be an important sign.

MV8
MV8

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 10:36
Let's see if they improved the car compared to yesterday. Would be an important sign.
I don't know but lately I just feel like Ferrari are always in a rush, this weekend with Leclerc because of using FP1 for comparisons between specs but let's see if they have done a good job this night, I hope so [-o<
Just posting

Space-heat
Space-heat

Charles - "good job on the car, it is a good step forward"...

Looks good from the onboard, no crazy corrections.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Space-heat wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 12:51

A bit understeery still.

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 12:52
Space-heat wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 12:51

A bit understeery still.
To protect the rear tyres.

Xyz22
Xyz22

MV8 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 12:18
Xyz22 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 10:36
I don't know but lately I just feel like Ferrari are always in a rush, this weekend with Leclerc because of using FP1 for comparisons between specs but let's see if they have done a good job this night, I hope so [-o<
Yesterday it was completely mismanaged in my opinion. There was absolutely no need to make that comparison with a mix of old and new parts. I've only seen AM doing that and because they were lost in terms of development direction.

Car seems in a much better place today, which is great news.

dialtone
dialtone

Marc Gene just said they are out there with full tank for the full race. LEC is lapping very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

organic

dialtone wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 13:07
Marc Gene just said they are out there with full tank for the full race. LEC is lapping very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not full tank but more like 2/3. They don't run in the 1.17s on full fuel

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

T3 is now a straight according to F1.