2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Is McLaren garage getting lazy on outlaps? Piastri impeding Magnussen in Imola and now Norris impeding through 4 and 5 completely ignoring Leclerc, very unprofessional from McLaren wall
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

mwillems

In 5 minutes time.
Last edited by mwillems on 22 Jun 2024, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:09
Is McLaren garage getting lazy on outlaps? Piastri impeding Magnussen in Imola and now Norris impeding through 4 and 5 completely ignoring Leclerc, very unprofessional from McLaren wall
Norris then impeded Max after that and then Max impeded Sainz. I think it was hectic for everyone

PhillipM
PhillipM

It's practice, there's no such thing as impeding in practice.
And for a good reason, everyone is running their own strategies, tests and warmup work.

I'd expect better from a technical forum.

Emag
Emag

Vanja #66 wrote:
Incredible you're actually pinning this on McLaren? Lando was on a constant speed lap and he did not even impede Charles. He got through 4 - 5 just fine. The first real opportunity he got to get out of the way, he did.

Also, it's practice. All teams are practicing / testing different things. Ferrari was completely out of sync. And bringing out past incidents for no reason ...

I guess Ferrari's wall was also very unprofessional when Carlos blocked Alex in Monaco. But we all know how that turned out ...

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

PhillipM wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:11
And for a good reason, everyone is running their own strategies, tests and warmup work.

Exactly this. Barging another car however isn’t cricket. No matter how “frustrated” you may be in a practice sesh

CjC
CjC

PhillipM wrote:

Exactly if Lando gets a penalty for impeding in a practice session then I’ll loose the last shred of faith I have in the sport
Just a fan's point of view

Emag
Emag

CjC wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:14
PhillipM wrote:

Exactly if Lando gets a penalty for impeding in a practice session then I’ll loose the last shred of faith I have in the sport
If they're gonna give a penalty, it will be for Leclerc for acting like a hormonal teenager. But of course, him driving for the red team means it will probably be just a fine so we go to qualifying now and focus on the on-track action.

mwillems

I don't think anyone suggested Lando would get a penalty. It was never mentioned, some reacted like it was and now everyone is reacting like it was said :D

But I also think that condoning Leclercs reaction to Landos poor positioning, something all drivers do, is having red tinted contact lenses 🤣
Last edited by mwillems on 22 Jun 2024, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

SilviuAgo

Emag wrote:
22 Jun 2024, 14:13
Vanja #66 wrote:
Incredible you're actually pinning this on McLaren? Lando was on a constant speed lap and he did not even impede Charles. He got through 4 - 5 just fine. The first real opportunity he got to get out of the way, he did.

Also, it's practice. All teams are practicing / testing different things. Ferrari was completely out of sync. And bringing out past incidents for no reason ...

I guess Ferrari's wall was also very unprofessional when Carlos blocked Alex in Monaco. But we all know how that turned out ...
=D> =D> =D> the right answer.
Regarding what just happened in FP3 I will call it "just an incident" and move on. The best car to be on pole on merit.

mclaren111

PhillipM wrote:

=D> =D>

Emag
Emag

Yeah that comment by Vanja really triggered me to be honest, I did not expect that.

Back on topic though, more positive signs for a good quali here :

Apart from Lando setting the lap on used tires, it seems like he was on a very conservative deployment strategy too, with signs of clipping at the top-end.

MrGapes

Vanja #66 wrote:
Kind of expected better from someone who provides excellent technical value to this forum.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Wasn't that "impeding" moment on the last lap when they were going to the start for a practice launch? I know some cars were doing a hot lap on their used soft but Lando was just cruising to the launch and Leclerc really shouldn't be that reckless or mad that his used tyre hotlap got slightly compromised. Silly stuff but I think it shows he is vulnerable mentally. Couple of sessions of Sainz being faster and he starts to crash into people on purpose. I wonder what will happen if Hamilton starts beating him.

And about the qualy - I think McLaren (and Norris especially) look very strong. I think it is time to get pole.

Macklaren
Macklaren

PhillipM wrote:

Exactly this. Plus who does push laps AFTER time has expired in FP3??

they should throw the book at LEC for driving into another car on purpose