2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

max_speed wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:40
diffuser wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:33
max_speed wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 16:28

If i am lawrence stroll tomm morning they both will be gone. Its ok to give someone under them a chance. Performance culture is very imp.

And that's why you're not Lawrence.
And thats why when we talk again in 2030 you will be repeating same "rome was not built in a day comment" somehow i am not attach to mediocrity like you do, person like stroll who is spending big dsnt deserve alpine like performance. I think he will chop them soon
Yeah, the point is. Since the AMR23 Launch they ALWAYS falling down, they NEVER improve, just down on the grid. They need change.

RedNEO

max_speed wrote:
diffuser wrote:
max_speed wrote:

If i am lawrence stroll tomm morning they both will be gone. Its ok to give someone under them a chance. Performance culture is very imp.

And thats why when we talk again in 2030 you will be repeating same "rome was not built in a day comment" somehow i am not attach to mediocrity like you do, person like stroll who is spending big dsnt deserve alpine like performance. I think he will chop them soon
Yeah and I think that will be the nail in the coffin for those two that two alpines and a Haas just beat them by 20+ and 15+ seconds.

krich
krich

“We had a difficult race; we lost position right from the start. The worst part is not having pace, and with so little grip, you wear out the tires a lot. It's been a tough weekend, and I think Austria and Silverstone will be the same. We are understanding many things, but the solutions will take time. I look forward to improvements, but we expected them last year and at the beginning of this year. I think it's time to put things on the track and not promise anything, just work. There won't be any magic before Austria. Scoring points in the next races will be very difficult. You try to push and wear out the tires even more. I believe we can expect significant improvements. Last year, when we put upgrades, the results were different, but now we understand why. I think there's more confidence now than three or six months ago, but saying it doesn't help.“
Fernando on Dazn

NAPI10
NAPI10

Chopping Krack or Dan is not a right decision but that’s what gonna happen. Krack will be the scapegoat.
I don’t think , Haas or Alpine has better talent or resources or infrastructure then AM. Alpine & Haas knows that they are midfield contenders & they should plan their resources accordingly. Hence upgrades of these teams are more effective; just like old ‘Force India’ days.
AM consider themselves a ‘Top’ team (on the pretext of last year miracle) but their machinery is not well synchronized to match ‘Top Team’s’ development pace. They are simply rushing in with number of development items without any impact. Chopping people is not the solution here.
Pace at which they have build new infrastructure and hired new resources ; they will need some time to settle & build some synchronization.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Alonso earns a whopping 23 Million € per season, not including bonuses and sponsors, it is a win for him every weekend :lol:

Big Gun
Big Gun

How did Alonso end up overcutting people like Stroll and co? Did he save his mediums early and was able to use the pace of the overcut? Or where the Hards not good? Alonso pitted for Hards, came out right in front of Stroll and quickly pulled away a 10 plus second gap. Thought he should of tried the Softs??

RedNEO

Big Gun wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 18:16
How did Alonso end up overcutting people like Stroll and co? Did he save his mediums early and was able to use the pace of the overcut? Or where the Hards not good? Alonso pitted for Hards, came out right in front of Stroll and quickly pulled away a 10 plus second gap. Thought he should of tried the Softs??
He alluded to his tyres being ruined by him trying to push in the first stint (the car slides too much if you push) to the point he was putting Perez under pressure. But it ruined his tyres and thats why he fell back. I guess it took two stints to gain back those positions without cooking his tyres again.

RedNEO

NAPI10 wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 17:47
Chopping Krack or Dan is not a right decision but that’s what gonna happen. Krack will be the scapegoat.
I don’t think , Haas or Alpine has better talent or resources or infrastructure then AM. Alpine & Haas knows that they are midfield contenders & they should plan their resources accordingly. Hence upgrades of these teams are more effective; just like old ‘Force India’ days.
AM consider themselves a ‘Top’ team (on the pretext of last year miracle) but their machinery is not well synchronized to match ‘Top Team’s’ development pace. They are simply rushing in with number of development items without any impact. Chopping people is not the solution here.
Pace at which they have build new infrastructure and hired new resources ; they will need some time to settle & build some synchronization.
I respectfully disagree. F1 is not finishing school. You need to deliver and if there are no signs that the car is getting faster and it’s actually the opposite no amount of time is going to just magically make them turn it around. Actions speaks louder than words and so far it’s just been words. Time for some action.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

The young team, a lot os modern staff, last year they made podiums, high level in thei moral, and Alpine, A lot of problems, behind the grid, lose Alonso, Piastri, and more staff, political problems and now, and even these things, Alpine can better than Aston right now. Its incredible. Something happen "behind the scenes" in AM and we dont know. Its impossible be so bad

RedNEO

Rikrikrik wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 18:30
The young team, a lot os modern staff, last year they made podiums, high level in thei moral, and Alpine, A lot of problems, behind the grid, lose Alonso, Piastri, and more staff, political problems and now, and even these things, Alpine can better than Aston right now. Its incredible. Something happen "behind the scenes" in AM and we dont know. Its impossible be so bad
Nothing happened behind the scenes. Just some people got found out.

The reason they can start with a strong car after winter especially in 2023 is because they just copy everyone’s ideas from the previous year.

Except this year they got caught out because Red Bull flipped their car upside down to a totally different concept and now Fallows is lost as a goose. He’s stuck with a year old Red Bull concept that he doesn’t understand because it was copied until he copies the cars again this winter.
Last edited by RedNEO on 23 Jun 2024, 19:12, edited 2 times in total.

diffuser

max_speed wrote:
diffuser wrote:
max_speed wrote:

#1 You never make a decision after a bad race. Emotion will make it hard to make the right decision.

#2 How does firing them make the team better? Do you have better replacement working for the team ready to step in? If you Don't then how long before you find a replacement and they're actually doing something fruitful? 1 year a year and a half?

#3 Do you know what the problem is?

#4 if the problem is that your short staffed good technical people, getting rid of good people makes it worse not better.

Jambier

You can also see a team like Alpine with no upgrades progressing.

This is not just about upgrades, Mercedes unlock something, Alpine too in Barcelona, so setup and little changes can make big difference with those 2022+ cars

PinkFloydPulse

7th fastest team at the moment... pretty dire if you ask me... I would sack Krack ASAP and leave Fallows until the next round of important updates that should fix the car. Krack looks like there are no alarms banging in his head and is too calm for a guy whose team is getting it's ass kicked week in-week out... When performance matters and your job depends on it, people tend to push push push and do what ever it takes to make it work... If those updates fail, then he should be sacked as well because it cannot get worse than that...
Team Fernando!

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

I remember that the car had to be an all-rounder, one that would adapt well to every track. She would keep up with the top teams' updates, bringing them almost always. Furthermore, it began in Imola the real update, which would have turned the season around positively. Am I remembering bad or was it supposed to go this way? The only thing is that the updates in number have actually arrived.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Sherrinford wrote:
23 Jun 2024, 21:01
I remember that the car had to be an all-rounder, one that would adapt well to every track. She would keep up with the top teams' updates, bringing them almost always. Furthermore, it began in Imola the real update, which would have turned the season around positively. Am I remembering bad or was it supposed to go this way? The only thing is that the updates in number have actually arrived.
You are remembering RIGHT ! but there is no good replacement at the moment. They want to hire the replacement but somehow they cannot do it. Now they are trying with Newey again.

Allison, Binotto, Newey, Cardile and again a second attempt with Newey.