2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

I am for teams full of champions, for me Fallows is a great coach who must stay, would be fine Cardile but above all Newey. More capable people there are, better Will be for the team. Regarding aerodynamics, there would also be Blandin in the team who for me is another great technician. The reasons why Aston Martin is getting worse are unknown to me but I think they can solve it. Remember McLaren who changed practically no one in technicians

diffuser

Mattchu wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 18:56
GoranF1 wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 18:30
Mclaren has slowly started to recover about 1 year into new WT usage.
AM is using ancient Toyota wind tunnel, I think that is the main problem.
I`m pretty sure Aston Martin are using the Mercedes' wind tunnel in Brackley, not the Toyota Gazoo one in Cologne, which Toyota still use for WEC cars...
It was McLaren that used to use the Cologne tunnel but as can be seen, having your own up to date on-site wind tunnel can make a huge difference!
Agree.

ringo

Should the gearbox deal with Mercedes allow Aston to receive the updates to the box when Mercedes do?
I don't think they went with a budget deal like the small teams that take last years transmission. They may have in place a deal similar to the engine deal.
For Sure!!

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Nikosar wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 12:19
krich wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 12:10
Cardile and Newey could work together?
They say Cardile is pushed out of Ferrari because Newey is going to Ferrari… so we will see
Some people said AM signs with Cardille to convince Newey to join them too, but, i dont understand how this could be interesting for Newey.

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 23:51
Nikosar wrote:
krich wrote:
They say Cardile is pushed out of Ferrari because Newey is going to Ferrari… so we will see
Some people said AM signs with Cardille to convince Newey to join them too, but, i dont understand how this could be interesting for Newey.
That is absolutely BS. Why would Newey care who the TD at Ferrari is? Not like he's looking for that kind of job.

Newey is looking for a job where he is the boss. When he sees something that is wrong he'll say it and have it done differently. If he thinks he is the best to do something he'll anoint himself the project. Basically, he does what he wants.

KimiRai
KimiRai

When asked on Fernando's words, Krack interrupted and said "I fully agree with Fernando" @ringo

Also Aston Martin thought they were the second to last team after the Friday free practice.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Alonso did it with Honda and Honda kickstarted their work and now WCC with RB. Some one need to raise the voice else team will be dump for years.

I don't see any issue with Alonso statement. It is genuine statement which we all F1 fans knows about it.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 05:24
Alonso did it with Honda and Honda kickstarted their work and now WCC with RB. Some one need to raise the voice else team will be dump for years.

I don't see any issue with Alonso statement. It is genuine statement which we all F1 fans knows about it.
Agreed...

Another thing I'm tired of.

This just seems to come back again and again. Usually not from people who post in this AMR forum on a regular basis. It's like Alonso says something, they spin in into a giant negative in their heads. Then come here to shiit on him about it, like this is something new. Like nobody has ever complained about him in that way.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Venturiation wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 12:32
-wkst- wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 11:21
So I guess both (Krack and Fallows) will be fired.

There were reports that Stroll quadrupled the salary of Fallows for his technical director job at AMR (compared to his income at RBR as head of aero).

Stroll has deep pockets, and obviously Aramco is willing to pay what it needs to be at the top in 2026, but guys have to deliver too...
I think the current downgrade when Aston brings upgrades is because of the mercedes wind tunnel, let's see what they do with their own
Mercedes has been making steps forward though.

zoroastar

ringo wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 15:34
RedNEO wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 07:37
KimiRai wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 04:53

I don't see the nastiness anywhere unless you read clickbaity news. Less talk and more results is reasonable, he's still trusting the team to make a comeback this season.
Yeah ignore that user he’s a troll. In one breath he criticises Alonso for a very lite criticism of the team and then he ends his post by criticising the team heavily. 🙃

Alonso trusts Stroll Snr and they are both together in their views. People trying to spin a different narrative are going to have egg on their faces pretty quickly.
So easy to call people trolls isn't it?

Alonso's words:
"We deserved not to score any point because we didn't have the pace the whole weekend.

"In the race, it was extremely difficult. When you slide so much in the corners, also you kill the tyres. So you have two problems.

"You don't have the pace, plus you have a lot of degradation. So all in all, it has been a very long race for us. We need to get better for us."

It is frustrating but there's nothing you can do now so you start thinking in Austria immediately when you see the chequered flag and what you can do differently.

"But I think it's gonna be painful as well because it has some characteristics of Barcelona, with the long corners.

"It's going to be another tough weekend, also in Silverstone, arguably.

"We cannot get too frustrated. It's time to work harder, to talk less, to deliver more. It's what we want to do."

A fundamental flaw is Aston Martin's failure to make incremental gains with each set up upgrade and Alonso says that needs to change.

He said: "I'm looking forward, but we've been upgrading the car a lot and we didn't deliver the results.

"So now it's also a matter of whatever we bring to the track, it does deliver what we expect and we start getting better and better.

"So as I said, we need to work hard, get better every race, but without too much talking or promising."

When asked why the team has got it wrong and the upgrades are not working, he added: "I'm a driver, not a technician".
source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alon ... /10626706/

I don't think this is encouraging for the team. And no responsibility was taken by him at all. Who in the team is doing all the talking that needs to talk less?
If he is just a driver, why is he also the team principal and politician, telling the workers in the team to stop talking?
This is toxicity in my opinion. But as usual this behavior will be acceptable for him by his fans.
can you read english? he stated this stuff using "we" as in "him and the rest of the team". and made a statement because he was asked by the media to give an excuse for their performance. he said exactly what he needed to say. "its time to work, without making promises". if you are making this out to be "toxic" , then there is nothing that he could say to make you happy. but really, that was never in question, was it?

zoroastar

Rikrikrik wrote:
Nikosar wrote:
krich wrote:
some people are saying that Cardile will take kracks place as team principle. others are saying fallows will. who TF knows whats really going on until they tell us. i suspect that wherever Newey goes his title will just be "Overlord" and hell do whatever he wants as long as he makes a winning car.

-wkst-
-wkst-

zoroastar wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 08:41
Rikrikrik wrote:
Nikosar wrote:

some people are saying that Cardile will take kracks place as team principle. others are saying fallows will. who TF knows whats really going on until they tell us. i suspect that wherever Newey goes his title will just be "Overlord" and hell do whatever he wants as long as he makes a winning car.
Don't think that Cardile is the guy who wants to be team principle, or that his English is good enough (strong accent) doing interviews every week.

What's clear is that Cardile is an aero guy, Fallows is an aero guy and Blandin is an aero guy. Don't think that there is room for so many chiefs in this area...

Bill
Bill

selvam_e2002 wrote:

Alonso did nothing for Honda the moment that Honda was in torro rosso Gasly scored p4 in bahrain and exposed mclaren limitation.he didnt fight for the championship he was yearning for he eventually left f1.Alonso divisive ways have not helped any team.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Bill wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 09:44
selvam_e2002 wrote:

Alonso did nothing for Honda the moment that Honda was in torro rosso Gasly scored p4 in bahrain and exposed mclaren limitation.he didnt fight for the championship he was yearning for he eventually left f1.Alonso divisive ways have not helped any team.
I remember reading the words of a Honda representative (I forget who exactly) who said that Fernando's words generated a reaction without which they probably could not have recovered. It was in an article, I wish I could share it but can't find it.

In any case this entire discussion is ridiculous in and of itself. When things go wrong some join to put the blame on Alonso for no reason other than disliking him and cause trouble so back to discussing topics that matter please.
Last edited by KimiRai on 25 Jun 2024, 10:28, edited 10 times in total.

Bill
Bill

KimiRai wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 09:47
Bill wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 09:44
selvam_e2002 wrote:

I remember reading the words of a Honda representative (I forget who exactly) who said that Fernando's words generated a reaction without which they probably could not have recovered.
it just bs .Honda recovered by putting more money on the project because they no longer have to pay mclaren.they also used expertise from other division like bike and aerospace.