2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HungarianRacer
HungarianRacer

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Formula 1 fan wrote:
25 Jun 2024, 15:52
Approximately what could be the upgrades that Mercedes will bring for the race in Austria?
No solid info on that yet as far as I'm aware, but it's just small bits dripping through most likely. Some here are expecting the "miracle package" teased by James Allison in Imola to arrive in Silverstone (the one that's supposed to enable them to start fighting for wins on merit, very bold promise considering how much bleaker things looked for the team back then), but he specified that it'd arrive "in about two months time", the Emilia Romagna GP was held on May 19, Silverstone comes next week (July 7), so it's most likely place of debut would be the Hungarian GP (July 21).

Wolff about VER: “Horner said that he will stay. Let’s see, we leave him with this idea.”

“We need to allow Lewis and George to finish the season at a high level, and then we’ll see if the W15 will be a car that can convince Max.”

“I think it’s Max who wins the races and not Red Bull. The RB20 is solid, but Perez isn’t doing well.”

“It’s Max who makes all the difference.”

https://formu1a.uno/en/toto-wolff-its-m ... -red-bull/

If he’s trying to convince based on the W15 project coming together, that means he’s hunting a VER drive for ‘25 (current contract permitting) or ‘26 at the latest.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Luscion
Luscion

Venturiation
Venturiation

the front wing and floor are magic

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Dunlay wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 11:54
So it seems like Ola is behind pursuing Max while I hazard a guess that Toto wants George and Kimi pairing.
This really feels like it's gonna happen now. Horner will be happy to take George. And George would probably jump at the chance to be the #1 at Red Bull.

DGP123
DGP123

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 00:30
Dunlay wrote:
So it seems like Ola is behind pursuing Max while I hazard a guess that Toto wants George and Kimi pairing.
This really feels like it's gonna happen now. Horner will be happy to take George. And George would probably jump at the chance to be the #1 at Red Bull.
Spoke about this outcome in the silly section, months ago. Essentially, for George, his career path would be, that he arrived at two sinking ships, one after the other.

At the end of the day, it’s no surprise what Merc/Toto want. Russell just hasn’t lived up to the hype.

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Before Merc can even get its hands on Max, Merc would first have to produce a good car, and I'm not so sure they can do it. Max won't make any silly moves before 2026 to join Mercedes when the new regs kicks in. I'll give better odds that Max's next destination will be Ferrari in 2027, when Hamilton retires. Ferrari could be the next big thing if Newey will follow Hamilton to the team.

justin2102
justin2102

Guys i think this topic is being overanalyzed. Mercedes just want the best possible replacement for Lewis' seat period and I really see no reason for George to leave his seat at Mercedes because Max will potentially join the team. George is currently matching and beating the greatest of all time and if he is beaten it is by fine margins.

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

justin2102 wrote:Guys i think this topic is being overanalyzed. Mercedes just want the best possible replacement for Lewis' seat period and I really see no reason for George to leave his seat at Mercedes because Max will potentially join the team. George is currently matching and beating the greatest of all time and if he is beaten it is by fine margins.
Toto is giving mixed signals, though. He clearly isn't good with people. If you have one seat available, is it smart to praise Antonelli and Verstappen in turn, telling media how you want them both in the future? Meanwhile, Russell is probably thinking, "What is all this fuss about everyone else?"

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

justin2102 wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 10:16
Guys i think this topic is being overanalyzed. Mercedes just want the best possible replacement for Lewis' seat period and I really see no reason for George to leave his seat at Mercedes because Max will potentially join the team. George is currently matching and beating the greatest of all time and if he is beaten it is by fine margins.
And if he manages to "steal" Verstappen he will not only have a good replacement for Lewis, but he'll likely cripple Red Bull in the process. I mean who would Red Bull replace Verstappen with?

Waz
Waz

Toto is delusional though and fixated on car performance. Red Bull win races as a whole. It's not just Max. It's not just the car. It's also strategy, pit stop execution, race operations, tire choices. Red Bull Racing as an organisation behave as a competitive sports team, while Mercedes behaves as a large corporation that goes racing.

Dunlay
Dunlay

DGP123 wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 09:40
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
Spoke about this outcome in the silly section, months ago. Essentially, for George, his career path would be, that he arrived at two sinking ships, one after the other.

At the end of the day, it’s no surprise what Merc/Toto want. Russell just hasn’t lived up to the hype.
George has done every bit expected of him in those dogs that Mercedes churned out. The only win that has come in the last 3 years, is from him with 2 poles. I am sure he would have won atleast one title if not two, if he would have straight away joined Mercedes instead of a back marker in 2019.

bluechris

Dunlay wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 13:23
DGP123 wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

George has done every bit expected of him in those dogs that Mercedes churned out. The only win that has come in the last 3 years, is from him with 2 poles. I am sure he would have won atleast one title if not two, if he would have straight away joined Mercedes instead of a back marker in 2019.
I dont get that, you mean the car if Russel was in the team from 2019, suddenly the 0 pods would had work and MB would had been airplane in his hands? suddenly Hamilton is Sargeant for examble who wasnt able to do that?

Dunlay
Dunlay

bluechris wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 13:33
Dunlay wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 13:23
DGP123 wrote:

I dont get that, you mean the car if Russel was in the team from 2019, suddenly the 0 pods would had work and MB would had been airplane in his hands? suddenly Hamilton is Sargeant for examble who wasnt able to do that?
Did the W10 had zero pods? :)

ringo

Russel is like Norris now. He wouldnt have the consistency or experience to win a title in his earlier years.
Nontheless if Max comes to Merc, Russel can swap to redbull after his contract or even before.
Max's contract is more airtight than Russel's I am sure and Redbull are just as capable to steal George.
George is the next best available driver should Redbull lose Max.
Heck they can even buy out Lewis from Ferrari or Alonso from Aston. And Max himself would not want to come out of that seat and watch someone else storm away with a championship; especially Lewis or George.
For Sure!!