2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

AMuS' Michael Schmidt
I'm curious to see whether this confidence and composure that at least the team is displaying will really last until the summer break, by which time whatever it is should have come, and whether it will prove to be justified.
So pretty much everyone says something important should arrive before the summer break (most likely Hungary). Older info said after summer break but maybe it is being accelerated?
Last edited by KimiRai on 26 Jun 2024, 07:08, edited 2 times in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 06:58
AMuS' Michael Schmidt
I'm curious to see whether this confidence and composure that at least the team is displaying will really last until the summer break, by which time whatever it is should have come, and whether it will prove to be justified.
Michael Schmidt seems eager to see Aston Martin fail. Why?
A lion must kill its prey.

KimiRai
KimiRai

delete
Last edited by KimiRai on 26 Jun 2024, 07:16, edited 3 times in total.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Michael Schmidt talks in his video blog about AMR and you could clearly feel that he is not so sure that the team will finally deliver a good step... But he is really astonished that the whole team is so relaxed, calm and confident on race weekends currently (besides a very loud Stroll at saturday evening in Imola) that they will deliver a good step before the summer break ("whatever it is")...

ALO flew to the UK (Farnborough) yesterday evening, not usual between a triple header, so they have to talk in the factory about certain things...

2026 regs
Vasseur told Schmidt that he already knows how the Ferrari PU will look, where which component will be placed. He (Schmidt) thinks that this will be a main advantage of the works teams for 2026, because they can already plan in this direction, where customer teams will know only next year...

RedNEO

Chuckjr wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 02:31
Neweys appearance at Aston looks like a last ditch effort from Stroll to land him. I’d gather Stroll has feelers out and has an idea what Ferrari has offered, and likely would exceed that amount significantly — keys to the Aston aero kingdom most likely. Aston Martin is local for Newey—no need to set up shop in Italy. Obviously, he could design more supercars with them. I’m sure the new Aston facility is exceptional, and their wind tunnel would be the latest and greatest of everything, and it’s ready to go in months, not years out. I remember an article posted about the new facility here at F1 tech (can’t remember what thread) quite a while ago when they were just underway, and they had set up the engineering section to be very close to the wind tunnel itself, and they had arranged the engineering offices to encourage eye to eye, quick communication between departments to lessen email comms and encourage eye to eye comms. The place had an intentioned team atmosphere in its structure — design cues obviously Newey would like. It will be interesting to see where Newey ultimately goes.
I’m hoping he chooses Aston and I’m getting the vibes from the team if he does choose anywhere they will most likely be receiving a call so fingers crossed. I’m more excited optimistic for this than any on track upgrade because with Newey the doubts for 2025 performance and beyond will be gone. Let’s pray.

krich
krich

The Hungary package should be big enough to call it B Spec, but even so, I don't have much hope that they will improve as much as they say. Right now, in our current situation, achieving a Top 5 would mean leaving behind two Mercedes, Ferraris, and a McLaren.

Make me believe :D

Waz
Waz

They must surely be salivating that flexi wings have been given an All Clear from the FIA for now. The mechanism of flex is different but the intention and desired result is the same, so a lot of their data will be useful again.

-wkst-
-wkst-

https://x.com/carlosmiquelf1/status/1805908505112555763

Clarification of Carlos Miquel about the "top 5 in Hungary - or something must happen" quote.

quincalla
quincalla

-wkst- wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 12:52

Clarification of Carlos Miquel about the "top 5 in Hungary - or something must happen" quote.
Not what it says.

¿Las piezas de Hungría? Te responderé si estamos en un Top5, si no... Habrá que seguir trabajando.
The parts for Hungary? I'll answer if we're in the top 5 in Hungary, if not... We'll have to keep working.

No clue what the question was, though.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 06:58
AMuS' Michael Schmidt
So pretty much everyone says something important should arrive before the summer break (most likely Hungary). Older info said after summer break but maybe it is being accelerated?
Hungry is 9 weeks from Imola. They should have had another update since. So did they erase whatever was coming down the pipe and go back to the drawing board?

SSJ4
SSJ4

I hope so. Maybe a new iteration of flexi wing will arrive since the FIA have allowed it .

FNTC
FNTC

-wkst- wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 12:52

When he says "we" I'm pretty sure he means top 5 teams, so 9-10th.

kptaylor
kptaylor

SSJ4 wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 15:11
I hope so. Maybe a new iteration of flexi wing will arrive since the FIA have allowed it .
If I were Stroll Sr, I'd be asking why they were penalized but now it's suddenly okay...

peewon

kptaylor wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 17:08
SSJ4 wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 15:11
If I were Stroll Sr, I'd be asking why they were penalized but now it's suddenly okay...
They should also ask about how the two penalties on Alonso from Australia and China are justified when compared to some incidents in which no action was taken. This is where I think Krack is not doing his job. He should have been asking some questions to the FIA through the media and make them defend their decisions publicly.

SSJ4
SSJ4

🟢 Michael Schmidt from AMuS:

"The problem with this car is in the long corners, the downforce is unstable and the car is not very predictable and that's why Barcelona is a disaster with all the long radius corners, there are no more corners."

"Canada is better again, yes, the car is good on the straights, now it has a very good DRS effect, it is quite good on the brakes and also in traction, but as I said with long corners they can't, something that was exactly wrong last year."

"They are strangely quite relaxed, no one really understands why, they say they now know the problem and they also know how to fix it and they want to bring some improvements that address exactly that, you can't be sure it's going to work until now if what "What they've put out there in theory hasn't always worked on the track, it has to be said, so obviously there are also correlation issues that are still in the Mercedes wind tunnel."

"It's a bit of an unfortunate solution, they come at the weekend, I think Mercedes closes on Thursday night and then they have to prepare the wind tunnel for their purposes on Friday, so time is lost again and they have to out again on Sunday, which is certainly not ideal now, so they are waiting for their own wind tunnel but it won't be more or less operational until next year."

"I'm curious to see if this confidence and composure that at least the team is showing will really last until the summer holidays, by which time whatever is supposed to come will have arrived, and if it will turn out to be justified."

Found the thing about wind túnel interesting