2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Nikosar
Nikosar

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

thanks for sharing, it is indeed very interesting.

I think they are relaxed because they are confident in the new wind tunnel

It can be better if they manage to reintroduce the flex wing. It has worked in the past and it should be very effective on this car aswell.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I want know more about how worked the front wing from last year, because i really dont undertand why that wing was banned and now every top team has a flexible wing, what difference between the concepts? anyone can show me where i can read about it? I remeber in Hungary 2022, AM made a revolutionary rear wing and FIA instantly banned that, so, they have some "talent people". I think.

diffuser

kptaylor wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 17:08
SSJ4 wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 15:11
I hope so. Maybe a new iteration of flexi wing will arrive since the FIA have allowed it .
If I were Stroll Sr, I'd be asking why they were penalized but now it's suddenly okay...
Officially, they were never penalized. Saying that the problem they complained about was flexing is to over simplify it. It was more about using different materials to make the wing change shape at different speeds than just flexing.

The FIA has duly outlined four key design elements that it considers to be in breach of the technical rules, but suggests there may be other ideas at play that could be illegal as well.
They are:

1) Wing elements that can translate vertically, longitudinally or laterally relative to the bodywork that they are fixed to.

2) Wing elements that can rotate relative to the bodywork that they are fixed to, such as rotating around one fixing.

3) Designs that utilise elastomeric fillets, compliant sections of wing profile or thin flexible laminate at a junction that can either distort, deflect out of plane or twist to permit localised deflection relative to the bodywork the component is attached to.

4) Designs that utilise ‘soft’ trailing edges to wing elements to prevent ‘localised cracking’ as the result of component assembly deflection.

Otromundo

When the cars had completed 10 laps in Montmelo ... I turned off the television. Then I turned it on again and there were Norris and Russell fighting like wild boars and with the same MB engine. I turned off the TV again when I looked at the standings and times. And at night I watched the race twice. To review the details.

It's starting to be epic to be an AM & Alonso follower... I like it. Everything is against us but we don't care. Because the team is supposed to fix the problems very soon.

But anyway, and it bothers me to admit it, for now the AMs seem like flying bricks to me. More or less. Compared to those from MB and McL... with the same engine.

I hope they find the magic key soon.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Otromundo wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 05:42
It's starting to be epic to be an AM & Alonso follower... I like it.
Even if it feels like he's jinxed with all the near misses and outside factors in his career and everything, it's very special indeed

Otromundo wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 05:42
Because the team is supposed to fix the problems very soon.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves... by past precedent AM should fail again :D hopefully not

-wkst-
-wkst-

quincalla wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 13:44
-wkst- wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 12:52
https://x.com/carlosmiquelf1/status/1805908505112555763

Clarification of Carlos Miquel about the "top 5 in Hungary - or something must happen" quote.
Not what it says.

¿Las piezas de Hungría? Te responderé si estamos en un Top5, si no... Habrá que seguir trabajando.
The parts for Hungary? I'll answer if we're in the top 5 in Hungary, if not... We'll have to keep working.

No clue what the question was, though.
Please, read at least a bit of context, before you post something

The "top 5 in Hungary, or something must happen" was the phrase what people interpreted of the statement of Miquel. Now Miquel made a clarification that ALO never issued such an ultimatum.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Stroll is maintained, "2025 and beyond". Congrats to Lance. Might be Fernando's last teammate in F1

KimiRai wrote:
25 May 2023, 13:17
NL_Fer wrote:
25 May 2023, 06:26
So now we have a 3 year speculation who will be driving this Honda.
i'll be contrarian and say the lineup will still be alonso/stroll.
Hey I got it right lets go :D
Last edited by KimiRai on 27 Jun 2024, 13:16, edited 2 times in total.

krich
krich

Bye Newey then

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

KimiRai wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 12:05
Stroll is maintained, "2025 and beyond". Congrats to Lance. Might be Fernando's last teammate in F1!

KimiRai wrote:
25 May 2023, 13:17
NL_Fer wrote:
25 May 2023, 06:26
So now we have a 3 year speculation who will be driving this Honda.
i'll be contrarian and say the lineup will still be alonso/stroll.
Hey I got it right :D
Breaking news of the year! Lol

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

krich wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 12:33
Bye Newey then
please clarify why Newey will not Join? It does not matter for him if he get what he wants. is he depending on driver?

krich
krich

selvam_e2002 wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 19:41
krich wrote:
Bye Newey then
please clarify why Newey will not Join? It does not matter for him if he get what he wants. is he depending on driver?
No serious team would renew Lance Stroll

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 19:41
krich wrote:
Bye Newey then
type-o. he meant Buy Newey! :)

RedNEO

Lance Stroll gives ‘pretty f**king awesome’ verdict on Adrian Newey to Aston Martin rumour
Despite a strong rumour that Newey’s next stop will be Ferrari, Aston Martin became a contender for his signature recently when reports emerged of the designer being given a private tour of their Silverstone base and, when asked about the possibility of him arriving, Stroll’s enthusiasm radiated through the Red Bull Ring paddock.

Newey is a man in demand with almost every team eager to entice him to their project but Aston seems to have a better chance than most given their deep investment into infrastructure and the ability to give Newey a pretty large cheque.

Asked by PlanetF1.com if he would be open to the idea of Newey joining, Stroll said “he’s someone that everyone would love to have in their team colours.”

“[It would be] pretty f**king awesome,” the Canadian said. “He’s the GOAT. I mean, he’s got more championships than anyone in this paddock so he’s someone that everyone would love to have in their team colours.

“I don’t think anyone would say no to having Adrian on board that’s for sure.

“I think lots of things are realistic in this sport, it’s full of surprises.

“We have a super exciting windtunnel, a very exciting campus. All the tools that a team wants and needs to succeed to be really, really competitive and I think it’s attractive for anyone in Formula 1 to be a part of this.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/lance-str ... e-comments

quincalla
quincalla

-wkst- wrote:
27 Jun 2024, 08:06
quincalla wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 13:44
-wkst- wrote:
26 Jun 2024, 12:52
https://x.com/carlosmiquelf1/status/1805908505112555763

Clarification of Carlos Miquel about the "top 5 in Hungary - or something must happen" quote.
Not what it says.

¿Las piezas de Hungría? Te responderé si estamos en un Top5, si no... Habrá que seguir trabajando.
The parts for Hungary? I'll answer if we're in the top 5 in Hungary, if not... We'll have to keep working.

No clue what the question was, though.
Please, read at least a bit of context, before you post something

The "top 5 in Hungary, or something must happen" was the phrase what people interpreted of the statement of Miquel. Now Miquel made a clarification that ALO never issued such an ultimatum.
Alright man, sorry. I didn't see any context, unless it was several pages back so I just reacted to what I saw.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Alonso 8 tenths behind stroll after first run?!