2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

There was chance for Ferrari to capitalise on this incident and get double podium, but I'm confident both team and drivers will learn from this and do better.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

ScuderiaLeo

yooogurt wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:40
But if Charles had a calmer lap in qualifying for top3, it would have been his free win.
If Leclerc did a "calmer lap" he wouldn't have qualified P3 anyway. P4 was realistically the maximum for this car while still driving comfortably. Either he pushed it to get P3 or P2, or he settled for P4. Of course he could've just not messed up his lap, but I'm not sure why everyone thinks he could've qualified P3 without being reckless, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

"If my mom had balls, she would be my dad" - ideally this will teach Ferrari and Leclerc not to be dumb in qualifying again. All they can do from it is learn from all the blunders this weekend and move on. Good example of why settling for a "mediocre" P4 is still better.

Let's pray Silverstone helps with the car handling because while the set up changes helped, the issues were still having a notable effect on their drives and it is holding us back from really fighting for these positions.

The recovery drive was good despite Ferrari's interesting tire strategy, and Sainz finally brought us another podium, so I also hope team morale is better going into next weekend.

dialtone
dialtone

Aside from Piastri effectively being able to ruin Ferrari races, while apparently a slight touch isn't possible in his car (as seen from SAI in miami), why did Charles start look so bad? I think his brakes setup influenced his start, he was the first on the brake in each corner, they were too cold and penalized him on the start which ultimately put him through traffic but he just wasn't able to hold position in the corners, this is what really caused the poor result more so than the quali result imho.

disappointing weekend of course with sai passed in the last laps and generally an anonymous race from him.

on to the next hoping some update comes with the luck that lec doesn't have.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

edu2703 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:47
yooogurt wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:04
The car is absolutely awful.

We are lucky Lewis is undeperforming in this track and so is Piastri.
But if Charles had a calmer lap in qualifying for top3, it would have been his free win.
I agree. Leclerc would have won today if he had qualified in the top 3. Pace would have been good enough to hold off Russell
Leclerc wasn't that fast in the sprint race, and I didn't see decent pace in the GP either. Sainz was generally ahead all weekend.

ScuderiaLeo

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:55
Leclerc wasn't that fast in the sprint race, and I didn't see decent pace in the GP either. Sainz was generally ahead all weekend.
I think since we're used to Leclerc outperforming Sainz we assume he could've done better, but the truth is Leclerc just didn't have it this weekend. Doesn't mean he's a bad driver, he outperformed Sainz 14-0 before this so obviously not, but let's not act like Leclerc was in peak form lol. Sainz simply did better this weekend from beginning to end, even putting aside Leclerc's unlucky T1.

yooogurt

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:55
Both pilot has a brake temperature issue in sprint, and make alot of lico. Team fix this for quali and race + they make better setup.
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

He also lost quite a bit of time when he was behind Norris after the slow pit stop.

P10 was probably possible without that.

Another mistake they made was to put the hard tyres immediately. I think they did it to understand them for Sainz. They were the weaker tyres and probably worked even worse with full fuel

ScuderiaLeo

Xyz22 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:06
He also lost quite a bit of time when he was behind Norris after the slow pit stop.
Yeah it was very unlucky to come out behind Norris. It was frustrating seeing all the front drivers complain about the faster cars while the faster cars suffered for it, but I mean, nothing new there. Also I'm okay with them using Leclerc as a tire guinea pig but I feel like this could have been played better...

yooogurt wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:02
Both pilot has a brake temperature issue in sprint, and make alot of lico. Team fix this for quali and race + they make better setup.
That has nothing to do with what I said though. The car is crappy, that doesn't mean Sainz didn't just perform better? It did seem like Leclerc had more issues in his car but we can't assume that if Leclerc didn't have those issues it would automatically mean he'd be better.

I am rarely a Sainz defender but in this case I think we can just admit this was a weekend to forget for Leclerc and move on. People are putting out way too many "if"s here and we're starting to sound like Norris and McLaren fans.

Right now I'm very curious to know what these Silverstone parts that will supposedly help with these issues are going to be.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

1 or 2 points is nothing if we are being honest. The biggest issue is that Merc are basically just as fast if not marginally faster plus the gap to McLaren and Red Bull. The bouncing at high speeds is a huge huge problem.

ScuderiaLeo

Leclerc interview: The contact didn't help for sure, but we were starting from afar and we weren't lucky in the end with no SC. There was a VSC but it didn't help for the win. (I guess he's referring to Sainz?) For the incident, I feel like it was just a racing incident, I had Checo on the inside trying to overtake at T1, Piastri on the outside, and I was trying to stay between them but lost my front wing in the process. It's disappointing but if I look further than today, the performance wasn't good. (Idk if he's talking about the car or himself.) The stint behind Norris wasn't good. We stopped behind Lando, who had old tires. The problem was that I felt I didn't have enough to go if I passed him, so I would have been blue-flagged after a lap. I tried once and fell back again, so I just had to follow him and hope he'd go as fast as possible. We lost potential points; 1 or 2 isn't a lot, but we have to take what we can. Today, in addition to the start, we could've optimized the strategy a bit better.

I agree with pretty much everything he said here. Unlucky, racing incident, poor weekend overall, not the greatest strategy.

Sainz interview: It has been a solid weekend, but we want more. I would like to be ahead of Mercedes because at the beginning of the season we didn't even look at them. We are going to fight hard in the factory for Silverstone and to help us in the high-speed circuits.

Once again Sainz confirming that the Silverstone upgrades are specifically to combat the high speed issues.

One of the biggest shames for me today was seeing Norris and Verstappen go wheel to wheel and remembering when that used to be Leclerc and Verstappen. Sucks that since then Leclerc hasn't had a car to get up there and really go at it because he can be incredible at it. But taking my own advice I won't dwell on "if"s too much.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

SoulPancake13 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:24
1 or 2 points is nothing if we are being honest. The biggest issue is that Merc are basically just as fast if not marginally faster plus the gap to McLaren and Red Bull. The bouncing at high speeds is a huge huge problem.
Looking from other perspective if they fix the bouncing issue then they would be ahead of Mercedes, surely they didn’t have the ideal setup and we saw how RB20 came back alive on the Q. At the end they have to step up the game there’s no question about it.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:28
Leclerc interview: The contact didn't help for sure, but we were starting from afar and we weren't lucky in the end with no SC. There was a VSC but it didn't help for the win. (I guess he's referring to Sainz?) For the incident, I feel like it was just a racing incident, I had Checo on the inside trying to overtake at T1, Piastri on the outside, and I was trying to stay between them but lost my front wing in the process. It's disappointing but if I look further than today, the performance wasn't good. (Idk if he's talking about the car or himself.) The stint behind Norris wasn't good. We stopped behind Lando, who had old tires. The problem was that I felt I didn't have enough to go if I passed him, so I would have been blue-flagged after a lap. I tried once and fell back again, so I just had to follow him and hope he'd go as fast as possible. We lost potential points; 1 or 2 isn't a lot, but we have to take what we can. Today, in addition to the start, we could've optimized the strategy a bit better.

I agree with pretty much everything he said here. Unlucky, racing incident, poor weekend overall, not the greatest strategy.

Sainz interview: It has been a solid weekend, but we want more. I would like to be ahead of Mercedes because at the beginning of the season we didn't even look at them. We are going to fight hard in the factory for Silverstone and to help us in the high-speed circuits.

Once again Sainz confirming that the Silverstone upgrades are specifically to combat the high speed issues.

One of the biggest shames for me today was seeing Norris and Verstappen go wheel to wheel and remembering when that used to be Leclerc and Verstappen. Sucks that since then Leclerc hasn't had a car to get up there and really go at it because he can be incredible at it. But taking my own advice I won't dwell on "if"s too much.
Said during the race that Lando could learn a thing or two from Charles in how to overtake Max around here lol. Red Bull traction out of T3 and T4 was immense tho, Max would gain almost 0.5 in T4 alone.
As for Ferrari... surely they are bringing more than just the 20% remaining of the Spain upgrade right? Would be funny if the missing 20% of the package actually solved the issues but I remain pessimistic.

edu2703
edu2703

It seems like Verstappen and Norris are in a league ahead of everyone else. Piastri occasionally manages to get close to this fight, but he usually stays behind.

Ferrari's pace is not so bad compared to Mercedes. In qualifying, they are better, but in race pace, they are very similar to Ferrari. It's urgent to improve our qualifying performance to stay ahead of Mercedes.

Vanja #66

yooogurt wrote:
If Ferrari didn't mess up those updates Sainz would have won anyway. If Piastri didn't hit Leclerc they would have had a different race with both cars. If Norris and Verstappen didn't crash none of this would matter...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

The rest of the season depends on the stuff they are bringing to Silverstone to fix the issues in the high speed corners.