2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScuderiaLeo

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Silverstone forecast doesn't look great for us (no surprise there). While it can always change the day before, 91% is a pretty damning prediction and would track for the UK. (And yes, the rain is predicted for daytime, not night.) Even if it doesn't rain over the track, we're just going back to our cold tire issue. I didn't expect anything less from Silverstone of all places but it's still frustrating.

Worst case scenario would be if it rains on Friday and then not on Saturday and Sunday, making the first 2 FP sessions less helpful in evaluating the new "upgrades" for the weekend. We saw how Leclerc struggled a bit to make back the Friday sessions he essentially missed in Barcelona, we don't need a repeat. :cry:

BTW, not saying this because I'm worried about our GP placement (I'm starting to become numb to races lol), just that cold, rainy weather is not the most representative baseline in seeing how the new spec performs and might hamper finding the correct setup, which naturally would be helpful for future races as well.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 01 Jul 2024, 14:20, edited 3 times in total.

yooogurt

Vasseur:
“Problems is a bit of a harsh word. If yesterday we had closed the lap in Qualifying with Charles, we would perhaps have been on the front row. And the comments [from the drivers] today were of an improved Ferrari, less than a tenth from Red Bull perhaps.”

“At the end of turn 4 (stint?), we had more than a tenth of an advantage over Norris. However, I also know that the lap must be closed
No, the direction is the right one. It can’t be a positive or negative weekend that decides whether a direction is right. I also said this after the victory in Monaco. There are weekends where we were faster than Max, as fast as Max or slower than him."

“It takes 2-3 Grands Prix to extract the potential. We have also seen it with other cars. Furthermore, the [upgrade] packages are no longer huge in terms of earnings.
So it is also possible that without the right fine-tuning at the beginning [in terms of set-up], you could even lose something.”

“Remember that developments are not just those declared or seen. Those are aerodynamic developments, but it doesn’t mean that those who don’t declare anything won’t develop.
I’m strangely optimistic, despite the performance which sees us a little far from Max. I have the feeling that we can achieve more!”
https://formu1a.uno/en/fred-vasseur-str ... rajectory/
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 13:10
Silverstone forecast doesn't look great for us (no surprise there). While it can always change the day before, 91% is a pretty damning prediction and would track for the UK. (And yes, the rain is predicted for daytime, not night.) Even if it doesn't rain over the track, we're just going back to our cold tire issue. I didn't expect anything less from here but it's still frustrating.

https://i.imgur.com/fkpJMGz.png

Worst case scenario would be if it rains on Friday and then not on Saturday and Sunday, making the first 2 FP sessions less helpful in evaluating the new "upgrades" for the weekend. We saw how Leclerc struggled a bit to make back the Friday sessions he essentially missed in Barcelona, we don't need a repeat. :cry:
The short term goal is to fix bouncing.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Vasseur is nothing more than an automated chat bot at this point, his responses are always super generic and diplomatic, you can never read into anything he says

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

wowgr8 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 14:27
Vasseur is nothing more than an automated chat bot at this point, his responses are always super generic and diplomatic, you can never read into anything he says
I don't think anything he is saying is wrong. It's small differences now. With a slightly better qualification, a Ferrari could have profited and won in Austria. Russell did the job on Saturday.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 14:29
wowgr8 wrote:
I don't think anything he is saying is wrong. It's small differences now. With a slightly better qualification, a Ferrari could have profited and won in Austria. Russell did the job on Saturday.
He did the job in the race as well.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Xyz22 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 14:37
AR3-GP wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 14:29
wowgr8 wrote:
He did the job in the race as well.
I know he did the "job" in the race (driving to the end without incident), but Sainz and Piastri also drove without incident in the race. They just didn't have the track position. So it was decided more by qualifying to me.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Vasseur is starting to fall into Binotto level responses. I am a little tired of hearing "we are 4 teams within 3 tenths" when we are the slowest of the four. Having bouncing at Austria is a big problem imo, they need to solve this ASAP to even have a chance at keeping up.

F1NAC

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 13:10
Silverstone forecast doesn't look great for us (no surprise there). While it can always change the day before, 91% is a pretty damning prediction and would track for the UK. (And yes, the rain is predicted for daytime, not night.) Even if it doesn't rain over the track, we're just going back to our cold tire issue. I didn't expect anything less from Silverstone of all places but it's still frustrating.

https://i.imgur.com/fkpJMGz.png

BTW, not saying this because I'm worried about our GP placement (I'm starting to become numb to races lol), just that cold, rainy weather is not the most representative baseline in seeing how the new spec performs and might hamper finding the correct setup, which naturally would be helpful for future races as well.
I think we should stop using weather as excuse, at the moment it seems that car is not good even when the Sun is blasting. It seems that with current suspension setup this car is limited with applying load without bouncing. Until this is resolved, it can be sunny, it can be flodding it won't help.

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

SoulPancake13 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 14:59
Vasseur is starting to fall into Binotto level responses. I am a little tired of hearing "we are 4 teams within 3 tenths" when we are the slowest of the four. Having bouncing at Austria is a big problem imo, they need to solve this ASAP to even have a chance at keeping up.
That is because people keep asking him the same question every few days. Yes, problems happen and it takes time to resolve. You can't expect him to come up with something new every time.

Even if they have a potential fix, he would prefer to not talk about it given that the latest upgrade has not performed to expectations yet.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Sphere3758 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 15:15
SoulPancake13 wrote:
That is because people keep asking him the same question every few days. Yes, problems happen and it takes time to resolve. You can't expect him to come up with something new every time.

Even if they have a potential fix, he would prefer to not talk about it given that the latest upgrade has not performed to expectations yet.
I prefer his brutal honesty from before, explain specifically what the problems are. As of now it seems like they were completely caught out by the issues which is, in all honesty, even worse.

LetHimTrough
LetHimTrough

Problem with Ferrari is that it never maximise the Weekends, there is always an "if" which leaves the door always opened to the TP come publicly and say "We weren't great but...". And the only weekend until now where everything went to plan was on a track that really can't be used as an example.

Xyz22
Xyz22

SoulPancake13 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 15:23
Sphere3758 wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:

I prefer his brutal honesty from before, explain specifically what the problems are. As of now it seems like they were completely caught out by the issues which is, in all honesty, even worse.
We know the problems. The latest floor introduced bouncing that is limiting the car.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Xyz22 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 15:28
SoulPancake13 wrote:
01 Jul 2024, 15:23
Sphere3758 wrote:

We know the problems. The latest floor introduced bouncing that is limiting the car.
Sure, but maybe something is just rubbing me the wrong way. The way Vasseur explains it makes it seem like a small issue easily fixed... if this is the case then I will be more than pleased but from what I can tell it seems they have no clue where to start to fix it.

This isn't too important anyways, just my personal feeling. This weekend will be a rough one if we can't get the car into the right working conditions, so that should be the focus. Has any source mentioned what pieces from the original Silverstone package are still "missing"? Sainz mentioned things to help in high speed - was wondering what that might entail.

deadhead

There is a rumor about rear suspension fix that should stabilize the car in the high speed but it sounds like a hack job even if it’s true but let’s see.