2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Big Gun wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 17:42
I actually have a feeling with Perez being horrible, if Ricciardo can perform strong in the next 5 races he may be swapped with Perez.
Sound crazy? I think that Perez is driving that badly......
Doesn't sound crazy at all. Dan smashed it in the RBR test In SIlverstone and that was being rusty and out of F1. If he keeps driving like he is now and Perez keeps failing they should definitely consider it. Dan would most certainly be a big upgrade to Perez in that RBR seat. Perez has been awful lately.

PlatinumZealot

Today I learned that Daniel is being used as a gauge for Yuki's development.
"Bayer acknowledged the increased expectation on Ricciardo as a result of that experience, saying: “We don’t need to develop Daniel. He came into the team to perform and to help us with Yuki.”

“Between Daniel and Yuki, Daniel has been part of that Yuki development project. At the same time, we obviously were also expecting from him as a very fast and experienced driver, we were expecting performance from him and we are expecting performance from him.”"

https://www.planetf1.com/news/daniel-ri ... er-austria
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

djos

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 05:05
"Bayer acknowledged the increased expectation on Ricciardo as a result of that experience, saying: “We don’t need to develop Daniel. He came into the team to perform and to help us with Yuki.”

“Between Daniel and Yuki, Daniel has been part of that Yuki development project. At the same time, we obviously were also expecting from him as a very fast and experienced driver, we were expecting performance from him and we are expecting performance from him.”"

And it’s been working, so it’s not very surprising that it’s only Marko threatening to fire Daniel:

https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewt ... 4#p1225774
Yuki Tsunoda has revealed that being team-mates with Daniel Ricciardo has had a huge influence on his "emotional control", with the Australian having been a huge factor in Tsunoda's impressive season.

The Japanese driver has typically struggled to perform consistently, due to being ill-tempered. However, since being partnered at RB by Ricciardo, Tsunoda has been able to control his emotions significantly better.

Of course, 2024 could be Tsunoda's final year alongside Ricciardo, as the eight-time F1 race winner remains without a contract for next year, unlike Tsunoda who has a new contract with RB.

According to Tsunoda, Ricciardo has been a huge influence in the Faenza-based team, although he has no say in whether Ricciardo or Liam Lawson are signed for 2025.

"It's not a thing I can decide or control," Tsunoda told select media including RacingNews365. "I don't mind with any team-mate but, for sure, Daniel is giving a lot of technical feedback and everything and is, of course, an important influence for us.

"There is a lot of positive things that we got, and probably some of the things we were able tp benefit from is because of him. But at the same time, it's up to them really."

Going into more detail regarding his positive relationship with Ricciardo, Tsunoda has outlined his "communication" with the Australian as a key strength.

The pair communicating has resulted in an improved car across a Grand Prix, with Ricciardo's technical influence being unprecedented, despite some disappointing results for the Honey Badger.

It is learning from how Ricciardo deals with emotions which has benefitted Tsunoda's career the most though, with him now being able to perform consistently at a high standard after getting on top of it.

"I think we have good communication and we're able to always turn it around in the week, and in qualifying we were able to put it all together as a set up and everything," Tsunoda told select media including
"In downforce we trust"

Jurgen von Diaz

-

diffuser

djos wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 05:16
PlatinumZealot wrote:

And it’s been working, so it’s not very surprising that it’s only Marko threatening to fire Daniel:

Yuki Tsunoda has revealed that being team-mates with Daniel Ricciardo has had a huge influence on his "emotional control", with the Australian having been a huge factor in Tsunoda's impressive season.

The Japanese driver has typically struggled to perform consistently, due to being ill-tempered. However, since being partnered at RB by Ricciardo, Tsunoda has been able to control his emotions significantly better.

Of course, 2024 could be Tsunoda's final year alongside Ricciardo, as the eight-time F1 race winner remains without a contract for next year, unlike Tsunoda who has a new contract with RB.

According to Tsunoda, Ricciardo has been a huge influence in the Faenza-based team, although he has no say in whether Ricciardo or Liam Lawson are signed for 2025.

"It's not a thing I can decide or control," Tsunoda told select media including RacingNews365. "I don't mind with any team-mate but, for sure, Daniel is giving a lot of technical feedback and everything and is, of course, an important influence for us.

"There is a lot of positive things that we got, and probably some of the things we were able tp benefit from is because of him. But at the same time, it's up to them really."

Going into more detail regarding his positive relationship with Ricciardo, Tsunoda has outlined his "communication" with the Australian as a key strength.

The pair communicating has resulted in an improved car across a Grand Prix, with Ricciardo's technical influence being unprecedented, despite some disappointing results for the Honey Badger.

It is learning from how Ricciardo deals with emotions which has benefitted Tsunoda's career the most though, with him now being able to perform consistently at a high standard after getting on top of it.

"I think we have good communication and we're able to always turn it around in the week, and in qualifying we were able to put it all together as a set up and everything," Tsunoda told select media including
Ricciardo is/was Horner's guy no? Wouldn't that put Marko on the other side of that? Like everythingg Horner says Marko says the opposite ?

Jurgen von Diaz

diffuser wrote:
djos wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Ricciardo is/was Horner's guy no? Wouldn't that put Marko on the other side of that? Like everythingg Horner says Marko says the opposite ?
Looks like it. Horner, Perez, Ricciardo vs Marko, Verstappens.

Wouter

djos wrote:

Where do you read that Marko wants to fire Ricciardo? I don't see any quotes from Marko.

Translated by DeepL.

Surprising turnaround on the transfer market
Will Perez be replaced by Ricciardo?

The transfer market continues to go crazy. First Mercedes raised Carlos Sainz's hopes. Now it could happen
that Daniel Ricciardo replaces Sergio Perez at Red Bull in 2025 if the Mexican does not improve.
Michael Schmidt 05.07.2024

Red Bull Sport boss Helmut Marko makes it unmistakably clear: "Toro Rosso is a junior team." Company founder Dietrich Mateschitz
once launched Red Bull's sister team with this mission. Now team boss Christian Horner is also backing this mission.

This means that Liam Lawson is the man to beat for Red Bull's sister team. This does not necessarily mean the end for
Horner's protégé Daniel Ricciardo. According to reports from the Red Bull boardroom, the 35-year-old Australian still has a chance
of winning the cockpit next to Max Verstappen, which actually seemed to have already gone to Sergio Perez. But his two-year contract is not a blank cheque.

Strict performance clauses apply to both Ricciardo and Perez. If Ricciardo can confirm the recent upward trend at Silverstone, Budapest and Spa and Perez does not improve significantly, then the eight-time GP winner could replace the Mexican at Red Bull in 2025. "We'll know more by the summer break," says Marko mysteriously.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -mercedes/
The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

Wouter wrote: Where do you read that Marko wants to fire Ricciardo? I don't see any quotes from Marko.

Wouter

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 21:04
Wouter wrote: Where do you read that Marko wants to fire Ricciardo? I don't see any quotes from Marko.
Why are you posting an article from 9 days ago?
Marko didn't say in the article he wants to fire Ricciardo but the shareholders want Ricciardo to leave Visa RB next year.
He still has a contract with Red Bull. They can do with him whatever they want. Reservedriver, PR, etc.
And today they even mention to RBR if he has three good GP weekends till the summerstop.
According to the man from Graz, the decision seems to have already been made. "The shareholders have made it clear that it is a junior team and we have to act accordingly," said Marko ahead of the Austrian Grand Prix. With Ricciardo, a lot is still open after missing out on promotion to the "one team". "The goal was that he would be considered for Red Bull Racing with exceptional performances. That seat now belongs to Sergio Perez, so that plan is no longer valid." Whether the 34-year-old Australian will remain with Racing Bulls next season is therefore more than questionable. "We will have to put a young driver in there soon," Marko clarifies for Racing Bulls and explains when asked: "That would be Liam Lawson."
The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

Wouter wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 21:04
Why are you posting an article from 9 days ago?
Marko didn't say in the article he wants to fire Ricciardo but the shareholders want Ricciardo to leave Visa RB next year.
He still has a contract with Red Bull. They can do with him whatever they want. Reservedriver, PR, etc.
And today they even mention to RBR if he has three good GP weekends till the summerstop.
If the man from Graz has his way, the decision seems to have already been made. "The shareholders have made it clear that it is a junior team and we have to act accordingly," said Marko ahead of the Austrian Grand Prix. With Ricciardo, a lot is still open after missing out on promotion to the "one team". "The goal was that he would be considered for Red Bull Racing with exceptional performances. That seat now belongs to Sergio Perez, so that plan is no longer valid." Whether the 34-year-old Australian will remain with Racing Bulls next season is therefore more than questionable. "We will have to put a young driver in there soon," Marko clarifies for Racing Bulls and explains when asked: "That would be Liam Lawson."
If you expect Marko to say directly, "We are going to fire Daniel Ricciardo," I don't think even Marko is that straightforward. But if they relocate Ricciardo to, for example, Red Bull's motorhome kitchen, then yes, technically they didn't fire him.

djos

diffuser wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 18:26
djos wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

It certainly seems that way.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Wouter wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 20:25
djos wrote:

Where do you read that Marko wants to fire Ricciardo? I don't see any quotes from Marko.

Translated by DeepL.

Surprising turnaround on the transfer market
Will Perez be replaced by Ricciardo?

The transfer market continues to go crazy. First Mercedes raised Carlos Sainz's hopes. Now it could happen
that Daniel Ricciardo replaces Sergio Perez at Red Bull in 2025 if the Mexican does not improve.
Michael Schmidt 05.07.2024

Red Bull Sport boss Helmut Marko makes it unmistakably clear: "Toro Rosso is a junior team." Company founder Dietrich Mateschitz
once launched Red Bull's sister team with this mission. Now team boss Christian Horner is also backing this mission.

This means that Liam Lawson is the man to beat for Red Bull's sister team. This does not necessarily mean the end for
Horner's protégé Daniel Ricciardo. According to reports from the Red Bull boardroom, the 35-year-old Australian still has a chance
of winning the cockpit next to Max Verstappen, which actually seemed to have already gone to Sergio Perez. But his two-year contract is not a blank cheque.

Strict performance clauses apply to both Ricciardo and Perez. If Ricciardo can confirm the recent upward trend at Silverstone, Budapest and Spa and Perez does not improve significantly, then the eight-time GP winner could replace the Mexican at Red Bull in 2025. "We'll know more by the summer break," says Marko mysteriously.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -mercedes/
lol, things are mad in the silly season already eh! :D

Marko was hinting that he wanted to replace Daniel with Liam, but I don’t think he outright said it.

https://apple.news/A8mF1BGmzRMO9x_NhbHr4Jg
"In downforce we trust"

djos

A tough day at the office for the team.

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-b ... -practice/
Daniel Ricciardo #3
First Practice Session – Best lap: 1:28.477, pos. 13th, 24 laps
Second Practice Session – Best lap: 1:27.916, pos. 19th, 25 laps

“It was a tricky day. We found some answers for that trickiness in FP2 due to a few issues on the car in terms of load. It was a bit of a bummer because obviously you still try to do what you can, but it was a bit inconclusive on what our true pace is. In general, we’ll be trying to work on a few weaknesses we’ve seen and getting it better for tomorrow. We’ll try to find the course once we look at the data, but I’m confident it’s nothing too weird. It’s going to be a tough circuit this year, but we should be able to clean that up and be further up the grid than we were today.”

Yuki Tsunoda #22
First Practice Session – Best lap: 1:29.864, pos. 20th, 5 laps
Second Practice Session – Best lap: 1:27.745, pos. 16th, 26 laps

“I didn’t have the ideal start to the race weekend with FP1 and lost some valuable track time, but we managed to collect plenty of data in FP2. I think we know where we’re at now. We didn’t expect to struggle as much as we did in FP2, but there’s more time to come from us and I’m sure we can find a couple more tenths for tomorrow and fight for Q3. It doesn’t seem our car quite suits these track characteristics with the long high-speed corners, but others just seem to be stepping it up. They’re doing a good job, so we’ll continue working and fighting for more.”
"In downforce we trust"

Dunlay
Dunlay

Another qualifying defeat for Daniel against Yuki.

Wouter

Dunlay wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 16:52
Another qualifying defeat for Daniel against Yuki.
The Power of Dreams!