2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 10:08
FittingMechanics wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 09:53
chrisc90 wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 23:48

Lando will need to learn that the race isnt made in one lap or corner.

Sometimes the old saying..... "patience is a virtue" is a key point to take from things.
I'm sure Verstappen would not have shown as much patience as Lando did.

You will need to learn that you are not objective when it comes to Verstappen. Best not to continue to bring up things on McLaren thread.
Lando was still upset about losing the sprint to Max. Lando said it. He always seems to take things too much to heart when he didn’t win.

We will see what happens over the next half of the season if they all are still battling at the front.

Ps:- attack the post, not the poster ;)
The sprint is irrelevant to the whole situation. He admitted he made a mistake to open the door on the inside, but he wasn't upset at all. Actually Lando was quite sick from thursday-saturday. He was a little better for the race, but he was still sick. That's why his face was so gloomy and fatigued after sprint quali.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Emag wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 10:44
chrisc90 wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 10:08
FittingMechanics wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 09:53

I'm sure Verstappen would not have shown as much patience as Lando did.

You will need to learn that you are not objective when it comes to Verstappen. Best not to continue to bring up things on McLaren thread.
Lando was still upset about losing the sprint to Max. Lando said it. He always seems to take things too much to heart when he didn’t win.

We will see what happens over the next half of the season if they all are still battling at the front.

Ps:- attack the post, not the poster ;)
The sprint is irrelevant to the whole situation. He admitted he made a mistake to open the door on the inside, but he wasn't upset at all. Actually Lando was quite sick from thursday-saturday. He was a little better for the race, but he was still sick. That's why his face was so gloomy and fatigued after sprint quali.
Emag, this man's words are based on Christian's words after Sunday's race, who said that Lando was upset after the sprint. That's all. He has nothing to say, he has zero arguments.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Emag wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 10:44
This is a good point. Lando was not really upset but he knew he has to keep his elbows out or he will be taken advantage of.

SilviuAgo

this beauty will meet Lando on Sunday, right after the race :D

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Ok guys, that’s really good.

zxof
zxof

All things considered, as a Mclaren fan I'm grateful where we are. Not long a ago we would be estatic with a fluke win/podium, now we are battling close to the front.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

zxof wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 11:53
All things considered, as a Mclaren fan I'm grateful where we are. Not long a ago we would be estatic with a fluke win/podium, now we are battling close to the front.
I think we are already at the forefront. We just need to be able to extract the maximum from all external factors, and then there would be a little more victories now.

With subsequent updates, we can count on reliable victories. We need to be patient.

I remember Zak Brown saying in 2021 that there was a chance they would be fighting for wins in 2022 because the regulations were going to change. Well, it didn't work out that way then, but it's becoming the norm now that Red Bull doesn't have a clear advantage every weekend. The plant's updated and modernized infrastructure helps make this key step.

Tomsky
Tomsky

LionsHeart wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 12:03
With subsequent updates, we can count on reliable victories. We need to be patient.
RB is preparing major updates for Silverstone.They say in the simulator they show a big increase in speed.

SilviuAgo

Tomsky wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 12:07
LionsHeart wrote:
RB is preparing major updates for Silverstone.They say in the simulator they show a big increase in speed.
Maybe is the "new" livery :D :D

Emag
Emag

Tomsky wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 12:07
LionsHeart wrote:
Yep, this is presumably their "big one" for this year which has been talked about for a while now. It was either coming for Silverstone or for Hungary, but apparently they're gonna make it for here.

If they have indeed brought that upgrade package, how things will look here will probably set the tone for the rest of the season.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

I'm very sceptical of all these rumours (about big Red Bull upgrades). I think social media and sites want to have exclusives so they report all those rumors and then it just grows.

For example, Red Bull already brought upgrades in Suzuka, Imola and Barcelona and they didn't change the running order much. Imola one was hyped before hand as well.

Emag
Emag

FittingMechanics wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 12:29
I'm very sceptical of all these rumours (about big Red Bull upgrades). I think social media and sites want to have exclusives so they report all those rumors and then it just grows.

For example, Red Bull already brought upgrades in Suzuka, Imola and Barcelona and they didn't change the running order much. Imola one was hyped before hand as well.
None of those were big upgrade packages. They were just some detail tweaking.

But they had planned a substantial one at some point around Imola, which got pushed for whatever reason. The next one that is coming is that package. And again, it could actually not be here in Silverstone but rather in Hungary. If it is in Silverstone though, it's gonna be interesting to see how things pan out.

bluechris

FittingMechanics wrote:

RB owns to itself a good flexy wing.. till then all are open.

Tomsky
Tomsky

Emag wrote:
04 Jul 2024, 12:41
And again, it could actually not be here in Silverstone but rather in Hungary. If it is in Silverstone though, it's gonna be interesting to see how things pan out.
Marko said RB would strike back at Silverstone.

organic

FittingMechanics wrote:

None of those upgrade packages were large, and Silverstone is the first upgrade package that they are introducing after seeing the effects of McLaren's Miami step forward; perhaps here are all their cards being laid out this weekend. Whereas Suzuka, Imola were just small floor tweaks and Barcelona wasn't a performance upgrade

McLaren themselves will bring upgrades anyway. It's unlikely the pecking order changes much