2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I'm told not to believe the upgrade documents.

In other news,

According to AMuS Perez is in danger of losing his seat again

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -mercedes/
Strict performance clauses apply to both Ricciardo and Perez. If Ricciardo can confirm the upward trend he has recently shown in Silverstone, Budapest and Spa and Perez does not improve significantly, then the eight-time GP winner could replace the Mexican at Red Bull in 2025. "We'll know more by the summer break," says Marko mysteriously.

Wouter

Now Max and Lando have talked and everything seems fine again Zak Brown is stirring up the pot again!

Translated:

Today 3:45 PM CET
"First of all, it was an epic battle and great for all the fans and everyone in Formula One," Brown informed. "It was only a matter of time before those two (Verstappen and Norris) ran into each other and unfortunately they hit each other. But reflecting on the weekend I think the FIA needs to invest more in the stewards," said Brown who feels the FIA applauded Verstappen's driving.
"The work of the stewards is complex and very difficult. Max and Lando went for it as much as everyone expected. But someone has to tell Max to follow the rules. I think the stewards missed an opportunity here," Brown added.

"I am also disappointed in a great team like Red Bull. The management is just cheering it on. But we have a responsibility at the pit wall to tell our drivers what can and cannot be done. We all have to respect the rules."

https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/287552 ... wards.html?
The Power of Dreams!

CjC
CjC

organic wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 15:09
Marko on fp1
"The long run was very strong and there is still a lot of fine-tuning to be done in qualifying. We don't know yet exactly how much difference the soft tyre will make."

"We now have to see how the soft tyre works. But the important thing for us was the long run, and we were able to pull away from Mercedes a little more there."
Mercedes? So he’s discounted Mclaren?
Just a fan's point of view

Emag
Emag

CjC wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 17:07
organic wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 15:09
Marko on fp1
"The long run was very strong and there is still a lot of fine-tuning to be done in qualifying. We don't know yet exactly how much difference the soft tyre will make."

"We now have to see how the soft tyre works. But the important thing for us was the long run, and we were able to pull away from Mercedes a little more there."
Mercedes? So he’s discounted Mclaren?
McLaren did not run a comparable long run.

organic

Anyone know how fp2 went? On paper having Checo that close to McLaren at Silverstone would be quite something

Sergej
Sergej

Max made a mistake in the second attempt with soft tyres

race pace on medium was good and consistent, I think a bit slower than Lando but we know RB run with high fuel and low engine mode

McLaren is strong though

Emag
Emag

organic wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 17:56
Anyone know how fp2 went? On paper having Checo that close to McLaren at Silverstone would be quite something
Max had a very early soft run whereas Perez was the last. Long runs were close from what I could keep track by looking at the laptimes but I guess proper data will come out soon with the averages.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 17:57
Max made a mistake in the second attempt with soft tyres

race pace on medium was good and consistent, I think a bit slower than Lando but we know RB run with high fuel and low engine mode

McLaren is strong though
Mclaren looked 2-3 tenths faster. GP told Max that losses were on the straights. Unknown fuel load and engine power levels.

I don't pay much attention to the comparison to others. I think the important thing was seeing that the tires were under control over the stint.

Ricciardo/VCARB was slowing down in front of Max for no reason on 2 of the laps, so Max backed off both times in the 3rd sector to give him room again.

Sergej
Sergej

anyway conditions will be very different and changing through the weekend, so not much to read from today's paces, still a good start of the weekend compared to Imola-Barcelona bad streak

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 16:58
Now Max and Lando have talked and everything seems fine again Zak Brown is stirring up the pot again!

Translated:

Today 3:45 PM CET
"First of all, it was an epic battle and great for all the fans and everyone in Formula One," Brown informed. "It was only a matter of time before those two (Verstappen and Norris) ran into each other and unfortunately they hit each other. But reflecting on the weekend I think the FIA needs to invest more in the stewards," said Brown who feels the FIA applauded Verstappen's driving.
"The work of the stewards is complex and very difficult. Max and Lando went for it as much as everyone expected. But someone has to tell Max to follow the rules. I think the stewards missed an opportunity here," Brown added.

"I am also disappointed in a great team like Red Bull. The management is just cheering it on. But we have a responsibility at the pit wall to tell our drivers what can and cannot be done. We all have to respect the rules."

https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/287552 ... wards.html?
Man’s ego is getting the better of him.

Anyhow, isn’t it a trip to the stewards for bringing them into it? Not much different to calling it a rogue Marshall with a flag scenario a few years back.

Either way, need to catch up on FP2 and the radio’s, but if the main losses are on the straight that’s good. Engine mode can easily sort that, and we always run very conservative in practice

Sergej
Sergej

Marko is not positive

Helmut Marko after FP2: "Currently not at the level of Norris"

"We lose too much time in the slow corners, especially in sector 1 we lose almost three tenths.

FP2 is worse than FP1, the long run was not so good either - still good, but not at the level of Norris. So we still have a lot to improve here."

"We'll see if we can find the right balance to maintain our performance in the fast corners without losing so much in the slow ones."

venkyhere
venkyhere

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 18:30
Either way, need to catch up on FP2 and the radio’s, but if the main losses are on the straight that’s good. Engine mode can easily sort that, and we always run very conservative in practice

Fuel run on M, laps very close in terms of track time.
6 and 15 reveal engine mode difference.
Considering that, 9-10-11-12 looks mega for Redbull.
Not sure of McLaren fuel levels.
Throttle position traces make for an interesting viewing as well.

I expect McLaren to slap on a bigger wing for quali.

organic

Marko:
"We lose too much in the slow corners, especially in sector 1 we lose almost 3 tenths."

"Corrected, we are worse than in the first practice session, the long run was not so good either - still good, but not at the level of Norris. So we still have a lot to correct here."

organic

Situation is similar to Barcelona. Due to the spread in corner types, McLaren and mercedes can be very fast in low speed with not too much front end at high speed. Others don't enjoy this balance across corner types

Sergej
Sergej

New floor worth 0.05s according to Marko

He also talked about not overestimating upgrades bringing significant performance as only Max's RB20 running with the new floor:

"It was around six points, which is half a tenth. Visually, the layman sees no difference."