2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScuderiaLeo

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 18:26
People have been repeating this since 2020. :lol:

At this point, he's bought in to whatever driving for Ferrari provides for him.
Leclerc will never leave Ferrari. He loves this team. His goal for his entire racing career up until F1 was to drive for them. He grew up with Bianchi, who was Ferrari's first ever academy driver. They would have to be dead last in development for him to leave. Otherwise I think he'll always hang onto the hope that he can win with them.

jambuka
jambuka

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 18:11
jambuka wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 18:07
How many years does Vasseur get guys ? will we see a new tp in 2026 again ?
This isn't on Vasseur.
Well, someone needs to take responsibility. It can't be the drivers, since they don't decide on the upgrades. Nor strategy. Has to be the technical team and Vasseur. They did multiple filming runs and tire tests at Fiorano and Mugello but didn't realize this issue. For the first two races they said they need to optimize the setup. 3rd race in and they still seem lost. 2023 car was product of Binotto's direction. 2024 car is all Vasseur.

.Bole
.Bole

jambuka wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 18:45
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 18:11
jambuka wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 18:07
How many years does Vasseur get guys ? will we see a new tp in 2026 again ?
This isn't on Vasseur.
Well, someone needs to take responsibility. It can't be the drivers, since they don't decide on the upgrades. Nor strategy. Has to be the technical team and Vasseur. They did multiple filming runs and tire tests at Fiorano and Mugello but didn't realize this issue. For the first two races they said they need to optimize the setup. 3rd race in and they still seem lost. 2023 car was product of Binotto's direction. 2024 car is all Vasseur.
Exactly, surprising is that Vasseur started with lots of additions with long gardening leaves, but no we are losing lots of people (simulator guys for example), that are leaving with short gardening.
Losing TD (even though in my opinion, Cardille showed that he doesnt have what it takes to build car with these regulations) in this time when you need to focus on 2025 and start doing 2026 car, is again really concerning.

I think when we sum it up in next years, we might be at point where Binotto was maybe more successful than Vasseur

Xyz22
Xyz22

Looking at the telemetry, McL is massively faster in the straights but also in the corners.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

This latest upgrade has really moved the car to a place it didn’t want to be.
Disappointment is really strong as I felt the platform at the start of the season was really a great one to develop from.
For those saying Vasseur needs to go though, sorry but rinse and repeat won’t help. Patience and copium are key

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

Do we have an update from the team after FP2? Anything from Fred, Charles or Carlos ?

yooogurt

Xyz22 wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 19:02
Looking at the telemetry, McL is massively faster in the straights but also in the corners.
FORZA FERRARI!

Vanja #66

I hope we can soon dial down on doom and gloom in this thread, it's becoming very tiring. Everyone was expecting Ferrari to struggle in Silverstone and now that the struggle is there everyone is going crazy... :roll:

Where RB20 is limited by bumps and curbs, SF24 seems to be limited by high aero load coming from the floor. What some media wrote about suspension not being able to support the new floor and higher loads at high cornering speeds is very accurate in my view, for some reason they aren't setting up the car as stiff as RB20 (probably because it will take tyres into very wrong window) can be and for the same reason the car was the best in Monaco.

I can't put a finger on choosing Imola or Barcelona package to run in Silverstone, Imola is slower but more stable. What I think Ferrari needs to do is work on a floor somewhere between Imola and Barcelona for faster circuits to reduce bouncing (because Barcelona floor is obviously too strong for their suspension and high speeds), while also using Barcelona floor in slower circuits where it will work well. Barcelona sidepods don't seem to be the problem in any case

For Silverstone at the moment, I'm very surprised they are running more loaded than RB again and especially McLaren. I suspect McLaren needs to run hard in FP to get those tyres in the window, since they are running Miami-level loads here... Ferrari need to at least drop down to single piece beam wing, running the second element is completely unnecessary here and I hope it's just for parallel testing between both floor configurations. There won't be any rain tomorrow during Q and chance for rain on Sunday is still 50-50. If the chance rises to 70-80%, then go with higher load setup, otherwise less load will be more efficient in Q and will yield better position
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Vanja #66 wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 19:47
I hope we can soon dial down on doom and gloom in this thread, it's becoming very tiring. Everyone was expecting Ferrari to struggle in Silverstone and now that the struggle is there everyone is going crazy... :roll:
People were only expecting Ferrari to struggle because the upgrades haven't worked and are generally taking the team backwards, all while others charge forward. It is very frustrating to watch.

Doom and gloom is warranted. There is very little reason to be optimistic going forward.

ScuderiaLeo

I think the biggest issue is neither car looked competitive even though they went in wildly different directions. The old car was just slow, the new one is almost uncontrollable. Some people were expecting the old package to be at least on pace, or the set up changes for the new package to reduce the bouncing significantly, but neither of those things happened and so it's easy to feel demoralized. After FP1 I was apprehensive about making a judgement but we had two sessions where they both struggled, that's not a great sign.

But we always knew we would struggle this weekend so whatever. I just hope nobody bins it, though in 70% of Leclerc's laps the car looked like it was about to go into space.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

If they still haven't got the package working(not bouncing without compromise) by the end of tomorrow, I think it's time to write the upgrade off as a big failure, and one that will likely wreck the future development of this car at the same time. Gonna be a matter of hoping for next year. Again.

deadhead

Wouldn’t a bigger rear wing partially remedy this mess?

ojeakpekpe1
ojeakpekpe1

Not sure, but a new car might !! Just saying

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

deadhead wrote:
05 Jul 2024, 23:33
Wouldn’t a bigger rear wing partially remedy this mess?
Bigger wing + same floor clearance = slow down the straight + will start bouncing even earlier
bigger wing + higher floor clearance = even slower down the straight + maybe ok high speed performance

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

So, are we praying for wet conditions this qualifying and race ? Everyone talking the high speed corners slower should work in our favor