WHO Now Replaces Fisichella at Force India???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

WHO Now Replaces Fisichella at Force India???

Whos youre bet on a replacement for Fisi???

Im gonna go with Vitantonio Liuzzi, as he will be instantly quick with them.

Altho, id say that Piquet may stand a little chance as well, but probably same chance as Badoer!!!

ISLAMATRON

Re: WHO Now Replaces Fisichella at Force India???

Luizzi has already brought money to the team(for next year) but someone might bring a boatload of money and steal the seat out from under him but I doubt it.

Giblet
Giblet

Luizzi for sure (I think!).

Considering that he was apparently promised a race drive for 2010 it would be silly to not give him seat time.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

It's been confirmed it will either be Kyle Busch or Danica Patrick.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Conceptual
Conceptual

I don't think Liuzzi was that bad at STR... I mean, driving a year old, heavily restricted car in 2006, and finally getting a proper in 07 but watching your teammate get pounded by the management but still finishing races was pretty decent.

I dunno, I hope that Liuzzi gets another crack at it, and with the FIF1 car showing the world its potential last weekend, he may be at the sharp end on his return.

I hope that Sutil picks it up as well. It would be GREAT to see FIF1 fighting for wins from here until Abu Dhabi!

Giblet
Giblet

Jersey Tom wrote:It's been confirmed it will either be Kyle Busch or Danica Patrick.
Hahaha?

Hahaha.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

raceman

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

=;

Timomies
Timomies

TS says that Liuzzi will drive in Monza and maybe Vitaly Petrov after that (GP2 season end week after Monza) and he would bring 1 million dollars per race.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Conceptual wrote:I don't think Liuzzi was that bad at STR... I mean, driving a year old, heavily restricted car in 2006, and finally getting a proper in 07 but watching your teammate get pounded by the management but still finishing races was pretty decent.

I dunno, I hope that Liuzzi gets another crack at it, and with the FIF1 car showing the world its potential last weekend, he may be at the sharp end on his return.

I hope that Sutil picks it up as well. It would be GREAT to see FIF1 fighting for wins from here until Abu Dhabi!
Im in the same boat as you here.

I do not think that Liuzzi is a bad driver, in the STR1, whitch was basically the Jaguar R5 whitch was later remodeled into the RB1 and STR1 he done remarkebly well. A year later, when he got his hands on the Ferarri 056 powered STR2, he was a good driver, had the pace over Scott Speed, and later when Speed got replaced he held his own when his team mate was Vettel.

The guy deserves another chance in F1 with another team and car. Id have said the same thing about Piquet, but since he spit the dummy and started to run his mouth about Singapore 08, i dont think he deservs another run.

Altho, if Vitaly Petrov gets a run after Liuzzi only gets one race, i think thats not fair enough. If i were Force India, id give them both 3 races each, thats if they are thinking about replacing Sutil with Petrov for 2010, whitch i think they could be.

pjobmathew

I think its karun chandok .

Why ????
1.they are family friends
2.he is an indian
3.remember his red bull test with DC . If i am correct the results were pretty good.
4.he's had a lot of bad luck but he's been doing pretty well in gp2

safeaschuck

Kovalinen? Mercedes get to keep him relatively in house in case his form improves and cushion the fall of this still young driver, plus force india get an reasonably experienced driver with a good following and therefore potential sponsership pull?

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

seems like Liuzzi is in.

Conceptual
Conceptual

Confused_Andy wrote:seems like Liuzzi is in.

Good!

I like Liuzzi, and I think that Sutil isnt a slouch either. I think it will make a great pairing, equal equipment and all that.

Lets just hope that FIF1 keep up their pace from Spa. I would DIE if Liuzzi steps in, and gets pole + race win!

flynfrog

Conceptual wrote:
Confused_Andy wrote:seems like Liuzzi is in.

Good!

I like Liuzzi, and I think that Sutil isnt a slouch either. I think it will make a great pairing, equal equipment and all that.

Lets just hope that FIF1 keep up their pace from Spa. I would DIE if Liuzzi steps in, and gets pole + race win!
or if he finishes the race