2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:16
Kamel wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:00
Wonder which strategy for tomorrow as the race pace is weak
Do we even know what setup they ended up with and how different it was from FP2? That would tell us how relative the long run numbers were.
I suspect this will be a fine type penalty cause it would be the team that did the working.

FNTC
FNTC

Alonso's car was halfway in the fast lane when they used the jack according to Ted Kravitz

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Sedaxel wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 17:20
SchuMassa... you were so silent about q2 times. Curious. But you don't lose the opportunity to bash Alonso. Ok, man.
He had the pace, sure. Does this comfort you in light of his starting position? For me, it's not much of a consolation. At least the car looks significantly better.

FNTC
FNTC

Reprimande for Stroll and no penalty for Alonso

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

SchuMassa wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:39
Sedaxel wrote:
SchuMassa... you were so silent about q2 times. Curious. But you don't lose the opportunity to bash Alonso. Ok, man.
He had the pace, sure. Does this comfort you in light of his starting position? For me, it's not much of a consolation. At least the car looks significantly better.
No, it doesn't. It's sad to see that position.

My point is that it's not his fault at all. Without all that avoidable mess and the team mistake, he would've been top five, almost sure.

SSJ4
SSJ4

Outlap

KimiRai
KimiRai

It's unfortunate from the team but let's focus on the positives, the fact that we are angry is because there was a chance in the first place. A few weeks ago it was said that Silverstone was going to be just as painful, but they brought some changes and the car improved significantly, so that's good news. The real test will be if the parts that are apparently bound for Hungary work and then we could be talking about a real recovery happening. Don't want to jinx it of course.

Big Gun
Big Gun

That outlap was rough, would of ruined his tyres trying to pass Sainz. why risk that much by leaving it that late knowing that the tyres need to be slowly brought up to temp to get the proper grip, and from leaving the pitlane he had to push and pass Sainz.
Getting a ideal tyre prep lap is more important than waiting till the last seconds of Q3 in the hope of the track getting faster by a tenth! If Alonso left 1 min earlier he wouldnt of missed out on any track evolution, just silly.
After reviewing everything I think he could of challanged Max's time.

Mr Alcatraz

SSJ4 wrote:

Outlap
The team hosed Fred. Maybe even dorked him s little

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Sedaxel wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 19:02
SchuMassa wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:39
Sedaxel wrote:
No, it doesn't. It's sad to see that position.

My point is that it's not his fault at all. Without all that avoidable mess and the team mistake, he would've been top five, almost sure.
Yeah, I also happen to think his fate was sealed once he was on the track.
What I was trying to imply - in an ambiguous and rather salty fashion, I admit - is that thing like this rarely happen to Stroll. (Although I'm not following him closely enough, contrary to Fernando). The team has no interest in sabotaging either driver, so the fault must lie with Fernando's side of the garage, everyone included. First and foremost the engineers, but a driver of Fernando's caliber and charisma should take leadership and be more confrontational because the team is known to make poor decisions. I understand it has rarely helped him in the past, but things like what we saw today could be prevented. Fingers crossed for better luck tomorrow.

Ashwinv16

diffuser wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:16
Kamel wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 18:00
Wonder which strategy for tomorrow as the race pace is weak
Do we even know what setup they ended up with and how different it was from FP2? That would tell us how relative the long run numbers were.
They were meant to land up the rear wing for FP3 for better race pace. Let's see. Surely will still be 1 second slower than the top four, but you never know.
Halo not as bad as we thought

diffuser

Big Gun wrote:
06 Jul 2024, 19:40
That outlap was rough, would of ruined his tyres trying to pass Sainz. why risk that much by leaving it that late knowing that the tyres need to be slowly brought up to temp to get the proper grip, and from leaving the pitlane he had to push and pass Sainz.
Getting a ideal tyre prep lap is more important than waiting till the last seconds of Q3 in the hope of the track getting faster by a tenth! If Alonso left 1 min earlier he wouldnt of missed out on any track evolution, just silly.
After reviewing everything I think he could of challanged Max's time.
I think Alonso was there before Piastri and Sainz but they're in the last garage before you leave the pits. And they wouldn't let him in.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Its so much better performance than Barcelona and austria, but, race pace still horrendous. Maybe hungary could fix this, or improve something. The best part of all, AM looks finaly understood that car.

SSJ4
SSJ4

theres meant to be a high chance of some rain so fingers crossed

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Rikrikrik wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 00:51
Its so much better performance than Barcelona and austria, but, race pace still horrendous. Maybe hungary could fix this, or improve something. The best part of all, AM looks finaly understood that car.
The race pace in terms of degradation seemed excellent, this new front wing seems to make the car much more stable and consequently less subject to degradation. So perhaps for the first time in the season there will be a positive race pace