2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Yep, Leclerc called for the box. Ironic, because only seconds before, he said that part of the track were dry. Can't blame the team on that one.

JPower
JPower

Sainz and Verstappen came out of the pits at the same time and the Red Bull immediately fired up the tires and put 8 seconds on Sainz. smh

jambuka
jambuka

JPower wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:51
Yep, Leclerc called for the box. Ironic, because only seconds before, he said that part of the track were dry. Can't blame the team on that one.
Ohh, yeah LEC truly sucks in wet racing understanding. That call was abysmal.

ScuderiaLeo

To be fair, from Leclerc's point of view it was raining on the track, and Ferrari told him heavier rain would be coming soon. The lap times were extremely close to being right for inters, on the trajectory they were looking at, the next lap would've been inters. If that had been true, it would've paid off. So it was a joint decision by both where Ferrari believed the rain was coming heavier imminently when it wasn't.

A terrible decision in hindsight but I don't think it's as insane as it seems.

dani5549
dani5549

A triple header of nightmares. + canada as well

AnotherAlex
AnotherAlex

JPower wrote:
I think his slicks were shot, possibly from all those laps behind Stroll, because he was losing far too much time when the rain started.

ferrarifire
ferrarifire

Ferrari can retire CL and save the engine bit ..it is painful to watch

jambuka
jambuka

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:55
To be fair, from Leclerc's point of view it was raining on the track, and Ferrari told him heavier rain would be coming soon. The lap times were extremely close to being right for inters, on the trajectory they were looking at, the next lap would've been inters. If that had been true, it would've paid off. So it was a joint decision by both where Ferrari believed the rain was coming heavier imminently when it wasn't.

A terrible decision in hindsight but I don't think it's as insane as it seems.
Mercedes said the same to Hamilton, RB conveyed the same information to Max. Both could see parts of the track are dry and rejected. I am a LEC supporter but his call was just plain wrong and stupid.

ScuderiaLeo

jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:58
Mercedes said the same to Hamilton, RB conveyed the same information to Max. Both could see parts of the track are dry and rejected. I am a LEC supporter but his call was just plain wrong and stupid.
He was going to have to pit anyway because his tires were gone, and it was raining. Might as well go for inters because they thought the rain would come. I'm just saying it's not actually that crazy of a decision with the information they had, just a wrong one.

I can't believe I'm defending Ferrari's strategy but if he pitted for new slicks and then had to pit 5 laps later everyone would've been like "why did he pit for slicks omg what a waste!" because he would've lost time either way.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 07 Jul 2024, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

ferrarifire
ferrarifire

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:00
jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:58
He was going to have to pit anyway because his tires were gone, and it was raining. Might as well go for inters because they thought the rain would come. I'm just saying it's not actually that crazy of a decision with the information they had, just a wrong one.

I can't believe I'm defending Ferrari's strategy but if he pitted for new slicks and then had to pit 5 laps later everyone would've been like "why did he pit for slicks omg what a waste!".
Redbull did the same..i guess they ve expected the heavy rain soon...may be both the teams are using same radar partner ..

JPower
JPower

Sainz driving a great race thus far btw. He's kept Piastri behind in a clearly slower car.

ScuderiaLeo

Sainz on hards, chasing a McLaren that's on mediums... guess we should be happy with P5 given the state of this team right now. He did well this race, hopefully it's a morale boost despite everything else that happened, he gained a position even without Russell's DNF...

Apparently Sainz made the call for hards. Did he not have mediums left?
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 07 Jul 2024, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

ferrarifire
ferrarifire

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:08
Sainz on hards, chasing a McLaren that's on mediums... guess we should be happy with P5 given the state of this team right now. He did well this race, hopefully it's a morale boost despite everything else that happened, he gained a position even without Russell's DNF...

Apparently Sainz made the call for hards. Did he not have mediums left?
We have lost to piastri in the pit...don't understand 10s lead pisatri have on sainz

ScuderiaLeo

I don't think we would've caught Piastri anyway, we aren't fast enough. I just don't really get why hards. I guess maybe to be safe? It doesn't really matter in the end.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

JPower wrote:
Leclerc doesn't have a weather radar in his car. The team does. The team told him the weather was about to get worse. So of course that's going to make it sound like wets are the way to go. Drivers cant make good decisions with bad information.