2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Chaoz
Chaoz

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

IntrinsicVoid wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:45
SoulPancake13 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:39
IntrinsicVoid wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:33
Positives: The car wasn’t bad at all at wet conditions, at least in Sainz’s hands. Even at early stages he was keeping with PIA.

Negatives: I don’t know what is going with LEC, but he seems like he’s having zero confidence, Turkey several years ago showed us he’s not a bad driver at wet conditions. But something has to be done on his and team’s side to get along with the car.
I mean, what did you expect from his this weekend with an entire Friday gone? Last weekend he got unlucky with lap 1 contact, the race before with his teammate messing up the strategy, and the race before that one his engine gave up.
I don’t expect anything with the current car really. Only I hope that his side job as data gatherer/analyst in this week will be beneficial for the team to at least start on a right trajectory to alleviate the issues with the car. One positive weekend for Charles is all that he needs.
A positive weekend for Leclerc / Ferrari usually results in a complete disaster the upcoming races.
I mean overall we have 12 races to go, and Ferrari will be competitive at some. But the trend in general is a spiral downwards.
Unbelievable that all teams are able to improve their cars (I talk also about teams like Haas & Alpine), but this Ferrari team can only find a few tenths when it comes to go from worst top team to podium contender. They are never able to gain the tenths necessary to go from podium to a winning team.

I'm at a loss, but every Ferrari fan goes through this moment at least once a year. So it's like business as usual.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

Venturiation wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:50
IntrinsicVoid wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:33
Positives: The car wasn’t bad at all at wet conditions, at least in Sainz’s hands. Even at early stages he was keeping with PIA.

Negatives: I don’t know what is going with LEC, but he seems like he’s having zero confidence, Turkey several years ago showed us he’s not a bad driver at wet conditions. But something has to be done on his and team’s side to get along with the car.
Lec used all his luck for the Monaco win, now every race is cursed
The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away :lol:

JPower
JPower

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:51
Sainz was fantastic today. As usual, he is a mixed conditions master.
He was faster than Verstappen when the track got damp. As usual for him, his good drives will go unnoticed. :)

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

now people are saying Lewis has made a mistake, which few months ago people here were saying he made the right move due to merc being in the down. but most of all I think people that say he was washed, and that Ferrari made a big mistake to sign him for 2025 can shut up, he drove really good last year in many races. and he showed again he is a top driver, very happy for him.. Ferrari need someone like him a driver who know what it take to win championship, this is what fred said.

anyway, Charles and his pitwall need to fix communication. its really poor how they are communicating.

deadhead

This must be the worst performance I've seen from LEC.

Sainz and his crew did an amazing job to salvage some points.

ScuderiaLeo

Blindly guessing, do we think they'll go back to the new spec for Hungary based on this weekend?

Xyz22
Xyz22

deadhead wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:00
This must be the worst performance I've seen from LEC.

Sainz and his crew did an amazing job to salvage some points.
Yeah and not surprising. He struggled massively in the second half of the first stint and things got even worse when it started to rain. He had 0 confidence in the car. Sainz did very well in that part of the race.

Lec pace on inter was more or less in line with Carlos and with the soft non that much slower than Norris. Probably the combination of additional experience with the car and less fuel made it easier to drive. I wouldn’t be shocked if he just copied Sainz setup after saturday

Still i hope those tests in fp1 and fp2 were useful because they clearly has a significant impact on quali and the race.

There is no way Ferrari will finish in p2 in the WCC by the way. Even P3 is in danger.

.Bole
.Bole

Just abysmal race all in all. And i think this is not the end of those

.Bole
.Bole

Just as expected Vasseur again putting blame on drivers (Charles)

ScuderiaLeo

Is it true that Ferrari gave the drivers different information: they told Sainz there'd be "rain in sector 3" while they told Leclerc there'd be "heavy rain on the next lap"?

If so that's a huge blunder from Leclerc's side of the garage. Wording matters. But I didn't listen to Sainz's radio so I don't want to place blame without being sure, I just saw this on other sites.

Leclerc said in an interview just now: It was aggressive, but with the information given to me it didn't seem wrong. But we're the only car that stopped and we threw our race away. :?

jambuka
jambuka

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:35
Is it true that Ferrari gave the drivers different information: they told Sainz there'd be "rain in sector 3" while they told Leclerc there'd be "heavy rain on the next lap"?

If so that's a huge blunder from Leclerc's side of the garage. Wording matters. But I didn't listen to Sainz's radio so I don't want to place blame without being sure, I just saw this on other sites.

Leclerc said in an interview just now: It was aggressive, but with the information given to me it didn't seem wrong. But we're the only car that stopped and we threw our race away. :?
I have a feeling Bryan bozzi is no better than Xavi.

ScuderiaLeo

jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:36
I mean, do race engineers make weather calls? There's more people on Leclerc's side of the garage than Bozzi. We don't know what information Bozzi had, if he was being told that there'd be more rain, of course he'd relay it to Leclerc. Only Ferrari know how deep this issue goes.

killua
killua

Charles said the team told him the wrong weather information, while Vasseur said they gave both drivers the same info, so who is lying?

jambuka
jambuka

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:38
jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:36
I mean, do race engineers make weather calls? There's more people on Leclerc's side of the garage than Bozzi. We don't know what information Bozzi had, if he was being told that there'd be more rain, of course he'd relay it to Leclerc. Only Ferrari know how deep this issue goes.
True

Xyz22
Xyz22

The issue is not the strategy itself. It’s clear that Leclerc didn’t oppose to this call because he was struggling massively due to all the time spent testing the new package they didn’t use. You guys are not focusing on the real issue here, which is the lack of performance and the fact they had to use precious time for gathering data.

Vasseur also is eluding all the questions about the performance of the car which means the situation is critical.