2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
.Bole
.Bole

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:45
The issue is not the strategy itself. It’s clear that Leclerc didn’t oppose to this call because he was struggling massively due to all the time spent testing the new package they didn’t use. You guys are not focusing on the real issue here, which is the lack of performance and the fact they had to use precious time for gathering data.

Vasseur also is eluding all the questions about the performance of the car which means the situation is critical.
And if you point this out, majority of people start calling you out.

jambuka
jambuka

Xyz22 wrote:
The issue is not the strategy itself. It’s clear that Leclerc didn’t oppose to this call because he was struggling massively due to all the time spent testing the new package they didn’t use. You guys are not focusing on the real issue here, which is the lack of performance and the fact they had to use precious time for gathering data.

Vasseur also is eluding all the questions about the performance of the car which means the situation is critical.
Imo the car performance setup issue is there but making right calls in bad situations is equally an issue. They may have fast car next season, but can still be in a bad situation. Teams where all components work together well should be able to make the right calls in any situations to maximize results.

killua
killua

Xyz22 wrote:

Yeah, there’re serious issues in the technical department, is Cardile still in charge? It seems something is out of control now.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

i mean if Adrian is not coming to Ferrari and then Ferrari end up losing all the top people it will be quite harmful no? so maybe due to which he even mentioned some few races ago that keeping team united is his top priority..

Xyz22
Xyz22

Sainz said they understood what’s wrong with the Spain package. Now they will need time to make the necessary modifications.

ScuderiaLeo

Xyz22 wrote:

I agree to an extent but also disagree. Even if the car is --- and all we fumbled was a P7, miscommunication is still a clear issue. Leclerc clearly thought there'd be more rain and feels like he was being told misleading information, there wasn't, they need to investigate why because miscommunication won't suddenly disappear with a good car. They need to fix ALL issues, whether it's driver, weekend planning, strategy, or car related, at the same time they fix the car. Else they'll end up like McLaren where they clearly have the speed but they keep --- up the strategy, which I think is even more heartbreaking.
Xyz22 wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 18:59
Sainz said they understood what’s wrong with the Spain package. Now they will need time to make the necessary modifications.
While I generally trust Sainz's interviews because he's very straightforward, I'll believe it when I see it.

jambuka
jambuka

Xyz22 wrote:
Did Sainz side of the garage understand or the team understood. Since clearly LEC side and Sainz side operate in a silo

Xyz22
Xyz22

jambuka wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:21
Xyz22 wrote:
Did Sainz side of the garage understand or the team understood. Since clearly LEC side and Sainz side operate in a silo
The engineers back in Maranello probably understood what’s wrong, based on the data they gathered.

AnotherAlex
AnotherAlex

codetower

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Teas

AnotherAlex wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:28
This! I’ve tried really hard to stay positive and not vent, but I can’t. I was just rewatching the race on f1tv listening to the onboards, Charles’ side of the garage is incompetent. Not sure if its miscommunication or something else. Verstappen’s team tells him that the “target is to try to survive this pocket of rain”, carlos’ side barely mentions rain, talking sector colors “yellow sector 3, cyan sector 1” etc. Leclerc gets “We expect heavy rain now, it’s going to happen soon”. Yeah, I would box for inters now.

How they keep the driver who is committed to, and you’ve committed to, the next 4-5 years with this group is beyond me.

aleks_ader

codetower wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:56
AnotherAlex wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:28
This! I’ve tried really hard to stay positive and not vent, but I can’t. I was just rewatching the race on f1tv listening to the onboards, Charles’ side of the garage is incompetent. Not sure if its miscommunication or something else. Verstappen’s team tells him that the “target is to try to survive this pocket of rain”, carlos’ side barely mentions rain, talking sector colors “yellow sector 3, cyan sector 1” etc. Leclerc gets “We expect heavy rain now, it’s going to happen soon”. Yeah, I would box for inters now.

How they keep the driver who is committed to, and you’ve committed to, the next 4-5 years with this group is beyond me.
:wtf:
this is amazing. Jesus Christ.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

JPower wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:30
Seanspeed wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:25
JPower wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:51
Yep, Leclerc called for the box. Ironic, because only seconds before, he said that part of the track were dry. Can't blame the team on that one.
Leclerc doesn't have a weather radar in his car. The team does. The team told him the weather was about to get worse. So of course that's going to make it sound like wets are the way to go. Drivers cant make good decisions with bad information.
He has the same info as everyone else. His teammate was given the same call. Leclerc's tires were falling off a cliff which likely influenced his decision.
No he did NOT have the same info as everybody else.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

codetower wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 19:56

yup, this is what I meant, his side of the garage is really poor in communication, odly enough I feel Xavi was better lol, thinking back to spa 2023, he was precise about how much it will rain etc.. but overall they neeed to improve here

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

JPower wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:30
Seanspeed wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 17:25
JPower wrote:
07 Jul 2024, 16:51
Yep, Leclerc called for the box. Ironic, because only seconds before, he said that part of the track were dry. Can't blame the team on that one.
Leclerc doesn't have a weather radar in his car. The team does. The team told him the weather was about to get worse. So of course that's going to make it sound like wets are the way to go. Drivers cant make good decisions with bad information.
He has the same info as everyone else. His teammate was given the same call. Leclerc's tires were falling off a cliff which likely influenced his decision.
I watched both their onboards. Sainz was told it was nothing to worry about and it was mild meanwhile Charles was told intense rain next lap. That is evidently not the same info.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Suddenly feel Xavi and his "question" were better. They forced LeClerc's hand to make the call , by supplying wrong info.