2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 20:39
KimiRai wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:00
I dont think its just an uncompetitive race, Ferrari's recent upgrades seem to have failed and they had to go back to their previous spec. More is talked in the Ferrari team thread . Of course it doesnt mean Cardile is a bad designer, likewise with Fallows
Remember that James Allison, Aldo Costa, and Andrea Stella never achieved much at Ferrari. When they moved to other teams, they flourished. It is easier for some to point the finger at Cardile because it suggests that the "problem" has been "removed". It is rarely so simple.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if they got him for his "Since 1st January 2021 he has been head of the Chassis Area". Their chassis rocks.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Lobato is confident about the Hungary evolution and has asked people to not lose trust in the team, that competitive leaps are possible and upgrading the car is possible despite the issues this last year and a half. He says Fernando is confident too.

He's also going to the GP. Last one he visited apart from the home GP in Spain was Imola, when the last package arrived. So there's something important coming, but of course whether it works is a different thing...
Last edited by KimiRai on 09 Jul 2024, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.

krich
krich

KimiRai wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 00:00
Lobato is confident about the Hungary evolution and has asked people to not lose trust in the team, that competitive jumps are possible and upgrading the car is possible despite the issues this last year and a half. He says Fernando is confident too.

He's also going to the GP. Last one he visited apart from the home GP in Spain was Imola, when the last package arrived. So there's something important coming, but of course whether it works is a different thing...
Fernando was also confident with imola upgrades. Something is wrong that needs to be fixed, hopefully starting in Hungary

And lobato works @ Dazn so he better maintain the hype train or they will probably lose even more subscribers

KimiRai
KimiRai

krich wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 00:11
KimiRai wrote:
Lobato is confident about the Hungary evolution and has asked people to not lose trust in the team, that competitive jumps are possible and upgrading the car is possible despite the issues this last year and a half. He says Fernando is confident too.

Fernando was also confident with imola upgrades. Something is wrong that needs to be fixed, hopefully starting in Hungary

And lobato works @ Dazn so he better maintain the hype train or they will probably lose even more subscribers
Agree but like Fernando said he is not an engineer, he is likely told the upgrade plan and the numbers and all that is expected but if it doesn't show on track its not his fault. But yes this needs to change from now on

SSJ4
SSJ4

krich wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 00:11
KimiRai wrote:

tbh lobato normally the most negative and pessimistic person going. especially this season. its make or break fully with these hungary upgrades. may as well write off 2025 if they fail. but carlos miquel did say something about a "copy" in september so who knows

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

diffuser wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 22:15
AR3-GP wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 15:00
I dont think its just an uncompetitive race, Ferrari's recent upgrades seem to have failed and they had to go back to their previous spec. More is talked in the Ferrari team thread . Of course it doesnt mean Cardile is a bad designer, likewise with Fallows
Remember that James Allison, Aldo Costa, and Andrea Stella never achieved much at Ferrari. When they moved to other teams, they flourished. It is easier for some to point the finger at Cardile because it suggests that the "problem" has been "removed". It is rarely so simple.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if they got him for his "Since 1st January 2021 he has been head of the Chassis Area". Their chassis rocks.
How do you know their chassis is awesome anyway? For the Lobato issue, I read in the Spanish media that he is rarely confident, so it means they know something. The flexible wing in my opinion it could affect the flows and redirect them in the correct way

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

i just have hope because they was improve a lot in silverstone comparing Austria and barcelona. Make after imola they made test ( alonso said this) and when they back to before imola specs ( in silverstone) they was better, i hope the hungary is the other way to evolution, hopefuly to the right place

diffuser

Sherrinford wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 02:13
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

How do you know their chassis is awesome anyway? For the Lobato issue, I read in the Spanish media that he is rarely confident, so it means they know something. The flexible wing in my opinion it could affect the flows and redirect them in the correct way
Just presumed cause they won Monaco. You can't win Monaco without an exceptional chassis.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

diffuser wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 03:29
Sherrinford wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Just presumed cause they won Monaco. You can't win Monaco without an exceptional chassis.
In Monaco what you need is mechanical grip and good floor, this all was su*k on the Aston. I still think Aston biggest problem that they don't have enough downforce from the floor compare to others. Is doesn't mean their floor is worse than others,just maybe they can't keep it so low as Mercedes at every situation. I remember last year how much faster was Hamilton in USA fight for podiums(if I remember good)than Russell just because a few mm was lower the car. After got disqualified of course.

abhi1200
abhi1200

Aston Martin officially announce enrico as CTO and will join team from 2025.
https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... HEWaI5uDeQ

Xyz22
Xyz22

abhi1200 wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 12:56
So is he replacing Andrew Green position who was moved in early 2023 if they are keeping the same job position names ?

diffuser

Xyz22 wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 12:59
abhi1200 wrote:
So is he replacing Andrew Green position who was moved in early 2023 if they are keeping the same job position names ?
I'm not sure why they use that picture with the brown and dead vegetation? Is that the impression of the team I should get?

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 09:20
diffuser wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 03:29
Sherrinford wrote:

In Monaco what you need is mechanical grip and good floor, this all was su*k on the Aston. I still think Aston biggest problem that they don't have enough downforce from the floor compare to others. Is doesn't mean their floor is worse than others,just maybe they can't keep it so low as Mercedes at every situation. I remember last year how much faster was Hamilton in USA fight for podiums(if I remember good)than Russell just because a few mm was lower the car. After got disqualified of course.
Mechanical grip comes from the chassis.

krich
krich

Marca interviewed Tom McCullough and his answer about Hungary were:
"Yes, it's will be an important test. It's a reasonable change in some of the car's philosophies, but I think with all these things it will be relatively small," the engineer warns. "We haven't introduced major changes to the car in the last races, so we have some changes (improvements) here, but they are not big changes, they are just part of the usual development process, so it will be a bigger step next weekend and we will see how it develops."
My bet is a complete rear update
Floor
Overbite sidepods

-wkst-
-wkst-

Xyz22 wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 12:59
abhi1200 wrote:
Don’t think so, they write that the position is newly created,as F1 CTO. They said in 2023 that Greens role as CTO is outside of F1 for AM Technologies. There were strong rumours that his new job outside of f1 was not voluntarily.