2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Fakepivot wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 14:39
vigna gotto to go, not sure how he mange to become CEO of Ferrari when I look at his wiki, he never managed a car company before.
Ferrari the car company is doing great. He was brought in because he's technically brilliant and can lead Ferrari into the software-defined vehicle age.

I don't think his impact on the F1 team is measurable at this point. That's mostly on Elkann.

RacePaceDemon

yooogurt wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 14:24
Fede90 wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 13:32
I read the same article but for my experience that website is not affidable on this kind of rumors. As the website said previously, past months, the accord from Ferrari and Newey seemd concluded but now we know that it wasn't true.
They explained it in the new article:
"We can confirm that at the beginning of May Newey's arrival at Ferrari seemed resolved, according to more than competent sources in Maranello."
Now we know someone doesnt want to share power with Newey. According to BBC it was Vigna.
Great so bringing in the Goat designer with the Goat driver is squandered. Ferrari could literally have had the most legends in one place but decided that the share of power is more important. (All of this subject to the rumours being true)
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

wowgr8
wowgr8

Interesting that the formu1a guys didn't get the scoop on the new modified floor. Very interesting

deadhead

wowgr8 wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 23:44
Interesting that the formu1a guys didn't get the scoop on the new modified floor. Very interesting
Why is that interesting?

I guess a lot of people from the F1 team have left or were let go by the Vassuer regime so perhaps not as many leaks?

wowgr8
wowgr8

Maybe so. Just thought it was interesting since they've basically been Ferrari's mouthpiece the last half a decade, and they still do get news since they're disclosing the pull rod switch, which makes them missing this update more peculiar

RacePaceDemon

Maybe it means it was a last minute decision to bring it? There seems to be smoke and mirrors in Ferrari right now. Newey coming, oh no he's not. Changing the suspension next year, oh no they're not. Tells me things are changing fast
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

RacePaceDemon wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 02:59
Maybe it means it was a last minute decision to bring it? There seems to be smoke and mirrors in Ferrari right now. Newey coming, oh no he's not. Changing the suspension next year, oh no they're not. Tells me things are changing fast
Sounds to me they realized some new machining feature on the existing Barcelona spec. Doing so on 4 floors should take a couple days, it could mean losing some df for better stability.

Xyz22
Xyz22

wowgr8 wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 23:59
Maybe so. Just thought it was interesting since they've basically been Ferrari's mouthpiece the last half a decade, and they still do get news since they're disclosing the pull rod switch, which makes them missing this update more peculiar
The first one to report about a switch to a front pull rod suspension was Nugnes :D
It's hilarious that once in a while he gets it right

Sevach
Sevach

Xyz22 wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 09:29
wowgr8 wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 23:59
The first one to report about a switch to a front pull rod suspension was Nugnes :D
It's hilarious that once in a while he gets it right
A broken clock...

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

RacePaceDemon wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 22:39
yooogurt wrote:
Fede90 wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 13:32
I read the same article but for my experience that website is not affidable on this kind of rumors. As the website said previously, past months, the accord from Ferrari and Newey seemd concluded but now we know that it wasn't true.
"We can confirm that at the beginning of May Newey's arrival at Ferrari seemed resolved, according to more than competent sources in Maranello."
Now we know someone doesnt want to share power with Newey. According to BBC it was Vigna.
Great so bringing in the Goat designer with the Goat driver is squandered. Ferrari could literally have had the most legends in one place but decided that the share of power is more important. (All of this subject to the rumours being true)
Or maybe all this information is and was always bad information. It often is in sports journalism, and especially F1 where so much happens behind closed doors.

Ferrari have been trying to get Newey for many years. It is hard for me to believe that they somehow had him in their hands and would balk at some salary demand or 'power sharing' dispute.

We just know so little and this is why sports journalists tend to be the most pond scum scraping types, because they need to invent stories and drama where there really is just so little to actually go on.

RacePaceDemon

Seanspeed wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 17:23
RacePaceDemon wrote:
17 Jul 2024, 22:39
yooogurt wrote:

Or maybe all this information is and was always bad information. It often is in sports journalism, and especially F1 where so much happens behind closed doors.

Ferrari have been trying to get Newey for many years. It is hard for me to believe that they somehow had him in their hands and would balk at some salary demand or 'power sharing' dispute.

We just know so little and this is why sports journalists tend to be the most pond scum scraping types, because they need to invent stories and drama where there really is just so little to actually go on.
I agree hence my "if the rumours are true" comment.

I wouldn't put it past Ferrari though.

jambuka
jambuka

So any details on this new floor ? Is this going to be "the" floor ?

yooogurt

jambuka wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 18:42
So any details on this new floor ? Is this going to be "the" floor ?
Sainz said there should be less bouncing.
FORZA FERRARI!

deadhead

There should be minimal bouncing considering the slow track this weekend, the real test for “the” floor will be Spa.

RacePaceDemon

This weekend will be a test for Ferrari. High temps, no high speed bouncing-inducing corners. If things don't go to plan here then an evaluation of the upgrades will need to be done on if they've made the car slower than the previous or even launch spec.