2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

The upgrade package only being prepared for Verstappen is new information. As of Silverstone, Perez said he would have the updates for Hungary. So something changed and considering the discussion of performance clauses, it seems a decision has now been made.

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 16:08
The upgrade package only being prepared for Verstappen is new information. As of Silverstone, Perez said he would have the updates for Hungary.
So something changed and considering the discussion of performance clauses, it seems a decision has now been made.
Why? If he will be replaced after the summerbreak why wouldn't they give him the upgrade package?
It is possible the package makes the car a more pointy car which Perez doesn't like. It seems to be for the slow corners.
The Power of Dreams!

loekf2
loekf2

Wouter wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 16:41
AR3-GP wrote:
The upgrade package only being prepared for Verstappen is new information. As of Silverstone, Perez said he would have the updates for Hungary.
So something changed and considering the discussion of performance clauses, it seems a decision has now been made.
Why? If he will be replaced after the summerbreak why wouldn't they give him the upgrade package?
It is possible the package makes the car a more pointy car which Perez doesn't like. It seems to be for the slow corners.
My thinking... Perez = bad qualifier ... starts in the middle or end of the field, high chance on damage = costs

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
True, I can't be certain. It's also possible that they simply could not make enough parts in time for Hungary or it is related to the budget cap. Perez caused a lot of damage earlier in the season. None of this will help him if the performance clause rumors are true, so one way or another it feels like it comes to an end.

Sergej
Sergej

DrObbs putting A LOT of pressure on this upgrade

also Max quite "hard"
If this is not giving us some good lap time, then I don't know of course how the rest of the season is going to evolve.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

I'm looking forward to seeing how much of the reported rumors are true. Often times I feel like these Twitter accounts just amplify any unsubstantiated rumor but hidden behind enough caveats to technically be right every time.

Twitter now pays for views so they are incentivized to provide such content.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

FittingMechanics wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 17:59
I'm looking forward to seeing how much of the reported rumors are true. Often times I feel like these Twitter accounts just amplify any unsubstantiated rumor but hidden behind enough caveats to technically be right every time.

Twitter now pays for views so they are incentivized to provide such content.

"We brought stuff but they were not particularly big I would say. This is bigger than we have brought already so for everybody this is an important weekend," he explained.

Things will really come to a head now, according to Verstappen. "If this is not giving us some good lap time, then I don't know of course how the rest of the season is going to evolve. We just focus on ourselves and we are bringing parts to the car and I hope that will give us a good lap time," the three-time world champion concluded.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/289769/v ... ngary.html

organic

:mrgreen: 8)
In a technical directive sent to all competitors from FIA single-seater director Nikolas Tombazis, the teams were notified that the Friday practice sessions at Spa-Francorchamps will be used by the governing body to capture detailed video footage of what some front wings are doing.
Selected teams will be required to fit their cars with additional wireless recording cameras to check for flexi-wing elements in Belgian GP from FP3 onwards.

The location of these cameras has been specified by the FIA and will be "focused on the inboard facing nominally vertical surfaces…to track the translation and rotation of target dots."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-t ... /10635869/

Big Tea

loekf2 wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 16:51
Wouter wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
My thinking... Perez = bad qualifier ... starts in the middle or end of the field, high chance on damage = costs
+ tends to show his underfloor to the world
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

organic

It's clear rb complaints have not gone unanswered. FIA is going to scrutinise the front wing Flexibility of teams more closely from Belgium. New technical directive sent by FIA regarding monitoring of it at Spa

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

That is assuming Red Bull aren't also being caught by surprise after being told something else months ago.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 18:52
That is assuming Red Bull aren't also being caught by surprise after being told something else months ago.
I don't think RB were working on one unless a new front wing is declared this weekend

Also a RB employee who is at the track:
New shape car is really different. Won’t be long before it’s in the public eye

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It's too early to say the update works or not, obviously, but it is definitely a significant development. The W14 trumpets were seemingly not the way to go (not in the long run). Perhaps this will unlock the bit that has been "missing" with this car in terms of balance and confirm a positive development direction for the RB21.

f1isgood
f1isgood

I was just checking Austrian GP pace from last year. The RB20 is not really faster than the RB19 in race trim. The first two stints go to RB19. That is bad, somewhat confirming my suspiscion.

Sure there are other factors etc. I think it is still worth noticing. Both from a deg pov and just race pace pov.

https://imgur.com/a/o7mPUxL

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1isgood wrote:
18 Jul 2024, 19:32
I was just checking Austrian GP pace from last year. The RB20 is not really faster than the RB19 in race trim. The first two stints go to RB19. That is bad, somewhat confirming my suspiscion.

Sure there are other factors etc. I think it is still worth noticing. Both from a deg pov and just race pace pov.

https://imgur.com/a/o7mPUxL
The circuit itself was made a little bit slower with the more challenging circuit boundaries, but the inferior tire degradation of the RB20 is clear there.

I was looking at tire degradation of the VCARB which is using last year's suspension, and they had less tire degradation than the RB20.