2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

krich wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:26
TLof wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:10
I think P5 or P6 was possible today. Anyone got Alonsos first sector?

Could be easily p5 without another yellow flag
He gained 1,5 tenths in S1, lost 1,5 tenths after a mistake in S2. Without a good improvement in S3 he would have stayed in P7…
He was 12 thousands slower in his 2nd attempt after S2. So much about „easy“.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Nikosar wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:55
Sherrinford wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:39
I'm honestly a bit disappointed by the updates, same position as Silverstone, I'm hoping for a better race pace at this point
Target with the updates is to score points in this race and the next one. Another update should come in September.
What goal would that be, excuse me? They were in the points at Silverstone, they needed to increase

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Sherrinford wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:48
Nikosar wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:55
Sherrinford wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:39
I'm honestly a bit disappointed by the updates, same position as Silverstone, I'm hoping for a better race pace at this point
Target with the updates is to score points in this race and the next one. Another update should come in September.
What goal would that be, excuse me? They were in the points at Silverstone, they needed to increase
Silverstone was "cold" and hungary is a track similiar to Barcelona and Austria to de Aston problems and they should had the similiar performance and Alonso said they didnt have the same problems today and the car is more agressive and stable during the curves, its a huge improvement, Aston are suffering A LOT in middle of the curve until now. They was solid fifth team today, we wait for tomorrow. They looks in the right way, more upgrades coming soon. The better news was. SOLID Q3 and Stroll cooked too.
Last edited by Rikrikrik on 20 Jul 2024, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso
"Yes, I think it's positive. It's a circuit that on paper we didn't have much hope for, it was too similar to Barcelona where we had suffered a lot and I think the upgrades have brought a bit more performance and we got into Q3 with both cars, hopefully tomorrow we can confirm that with points in both cars as well."
"Hopefully we will have a good race, we have positions seven and eight and we have to tie them down any way we can."
So have the new parts worked finally? That's a new development :D If that's the case we can be more than happy
Last edited by KimiRai on 20 Jul 2024, 21:02, edited 5 times in total.

Big Gun
Big Gun

-wkst- wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:11
krich wrote:
TLof wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:10
I think P5 or P6 was possible today. Anyone got Alonsos first sector?

He gained 1,5 tenths in S1, lost 1,5 tenths after a mistake in S2. Without a good improvement in S3 he would have stayed in P7…
Still could of gone another 2 to 3 tenths faster in sector 3 maybe even more especially on the new rubber...

Kamel
Kamel

Well done, it's a pleasure to see how drivers are pushing

alonsofan
alonsofan

Stroll so close to Nando is giving me the creeps about the race start.

NAPI10
NAPI10

alonsofan wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 19:23
Don’t worry, they won’t touch. :D :D

KimiRai
KimiRai

"Part of it is our normal iterative development," Fallows said of the Aston Martin updates. "We like to bring things into as many races as possible. We have a lot of people doing a huge amount of work to try and add performance to the car as we go along. But there is no secret that we have some features of the car that we are not particularly happy with. We want to make the car much more consistent. We have seen that there is some glimmer of good performance, either in certain conditions, with the tyres or in qualifying, but it's that consistency that we don't seem to be able to find on a variety of circuits. And the drivers have very clear ideas of what they need and what they want. So we are in a kind of constant search to try to bring those things to help them."

Regarding the efforts to address the consistency issue, Aston Martin's technical director added: "It's something we've all worked very hard on, the people in the factory have worked tirelessly to get this update here. It's been an incredible effort to get the package we have here today, which is just trying to improve the consistency, the adaptability, the ability to set the car up in these different conditions and still get similar performance, similar results. We want to make sure that the drivers, when they take corner after corner, have that consistency, feel that confidence in the car, because that confidence is worth so much lap time. And that's exactly what we focused on. We come across a variety of types of corners, types of circuits, environmental conditions, there are so many different variables that come into play. And when you have aerodynamics, with these regulations, which are basically quite sensitive, then it's very difficult to get it right for all those different conditions. And that's something that we constantly struggle with. And we want to make sure that when we add performance to the car, we don't degrade any of those particular circumstances."

Fallows pointed out that it is not easy to optimise cars with the current ground effect regulations. "It is a complex interaction not only with aerodynamics, but also with the way it works with the suspension, which is very complicated," he said. "The floors are very sensitive in terms of the way they behave. The aerodynamics under the floor is very sensitive to ride height in some conditions. So to achieve that is a tricky balance. And the other thing is that we are all trying to increase the performance of our cars. And sometimes you might get nine things you want to do, and then it's the tenth thing that trips you up. So we're really trying to make sure that whenever we put something on the car, it does exactly what we want it to do under all conditions. But sometimes it doesn't always work out that way."

Fallows acknowledged that avoiding rebounds is still a key factor with today's cars, as Ferrari has discovered. "I think it's always difficult to strike a balance with these regulations," said the Aston Martin technical director. "There's some interaction between the different levels. These are very strong ground effect cars. But you also have to be able to make the suspension system work with the ground, to avoid these kinds of bouncing conditions. I think every car, to a certain extent, will do that. It's just a question of how acceptable it is when it starts to become a problem. And it's not the only factor in designing a bottom or designing the cars, but it's definitely something you have to be aware of, that if you start introducing too much of it, then it's going to hurt you."
https://formu1a.uno/it/aston-martin-fal ... complessa/

It seems to me that these last twelve months since Canada last year were in effect a forced learning course, the hard way around. But hopefully this will translate into better results in the future now that they start to get the hang of it
Last edited by KimiRai on 20 Jul 2024, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Big Gun wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:59
-wkst- wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:11
krich wrote:

Still could of gone another 2 to 3 tenths faster in sector 3 maybe even more especially on the new rubber...
New rubber is relative. His First tyre in Q3 just had 1 out lap from the last moments of Q1. Nearly new.

STR last attempt was hilarious like everybody else who went out with old tyres (everyone bar RIC).

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

diffuser wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:29
Rikrikrik wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:17
We need wait for tomorrow, The race pace looks terrible.

Thing about FP2, Race pace is taken before they make all the big overnight setup changes. So when you have new parts, you need to take those times with a grain of salt. Plus this track is notoriously difficult to pass on.
When you make new parts you test in the wind tunnel,in the simulation and in the simulator. If you still can't make it work is a big problem. Look at Redbull, bought upgrades and they made it work ,as Marko said.

KimiRai
KimiRai

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 20:41
When you make new parts you test in the wind tunnel,in the simulation and in the simulator. If you still can't make it work is a big problem. Look at Redbull, bought upgrades and they made it work ,as Marko said.
Read the Red Bull thread, Max says they haven't found as much as he hoped and he's not happy at all.

FNTC
FNTC

Alonso is happy with the upgrades, from 02:33, Stroll seems to think its mostly the weather

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso
"It's just a little bit of relief, a little bit less pressure on the team, bringing a package to the track that works as expected and works well. It was much needed, so we're happy about that, I'm happy for the team."

"I think we have to be very happy with 7th and 8th, that both are in the top 10 again,’ he said. ‘On a track that we were a little bit worried about whether it was a track that could suit our package is something to be happy about. So I think thanks to the new parts we're a little bit more competitive."

"I think on a sample lap time we are a little bit closer to the top teams and we are not having the problems we had in Barcelona or Austria, for example, fighting in Q1. But also as a feeling behind the cockpit you feel a bit more grip, more downforce in the corners. This also has more benefits, better tyre degradation and these kind of things, so it is definitely a step forward."

"The more laps we do, the more we learn about the package. Yesterday was very interesting, today was very interesting, and I think tomorrow in the race we will benefit a lot. I think the first two or three races, when you introduce a new package, are crucial to find the direction. I think the team did a very good job last night and with today, we will find more tomorrow."

"We found pace overnight, we also made a lot of changes to adapt to the new package and I think the result is good. Obviously the points are on Sunday, not Saturday, so we have to finish the job tomorrow."

"I think in Q1 when there were mixed conditions of a few drops of rain, but still on slick tyres, it's a condition that we normally like for us and our car because we put a lot of temperature on the tyre. And it's the opposite when it's too hot, so we'll see tomorrow, it will be a bigger challenge for us."

renault rs26
renault rs26

NAPI10 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 19:36
alonsofan wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 19:23
Don’t worry, they won’t touch. :D :D
They'll crash. :lol: :cry: