2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

deadhead

Xyz22 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 19:17
https://x.com/leclercsletters/status/18 ... 5206736165

This is what i meant. Game over.
They have the same pace but McLaren and Mercedes have moved forward?

What he is saying is that the car is now slower than it was in Oz, which is an easy fix.. just roll back all the upgrades and you are back in the fight for podiums and wins.

Xyz22
Xyz22

deadhead wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 19:20
Xyz22 wrote:

What he is saying is that the car is now slower than it was in Oz, which is an easy fix.. just roll back all the upgrades and you are back in the fight for podiums and wins.
The upgrade plan failed completely, and he clearly has no hope for the future.

deadhead

Would you say he has completely lost faith in the team he races for?

Xyz22
Xyz22

deadhead wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 19:45
Would you say he has completely lost faith in the team he races for?
I think so because this time they had everything in place to have a good, solid and linear season, but once again they failed.

From what i'm seeing, he looks completely done.

dialtone
dialtone

deadhead wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

The upgrade made big changes to the diffuser area which now is probably generating a lot more DF than the front of the car. This is why they are probably more understeery at the moment, the balance of the car is off and instead of having time to fix it, they are spending it in bouncing. That’s my armchair analysis.

RacePaceDemon

I think the team needs to panic. Breathe fast and start blaming each other to cause chaos.... is what I would say if I subscribed to the panic group here!!

The team just needs to do a sensible and pragmatic look at things. They need to fully understand why these upgrades didn't work and work out what the next upgrades need to do to address this. Will this take time? Yes! But it's better than just adding load to the car without thinking of what might happen.

I think Ferrari can bring an upgrade or two to confirm correlation and then work on next years car as they need a good start then so they can focus on 2026...
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

deadhead

RacePaceDemon wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 20:53
I think the team needs to panic. Breathe fast and start blaming each other to cause chaos.... is what I would say if I subscribed to the panic group here!!

The team just needs to do a sensible and pragmatic look at things. They need to fully understand why these upgrades didn't work and work out what the next upgrades need to do to address this. Will this take time? Yes! But it's better than just adding load to the car without thinking of what might happen.

I think Ferrari can bring an upgrade or two to confirm correlation and then work on next years car as they need a good start then so they can focus on 2026...
This is what they’ve been doing for almost two decades now with mediocre results considering the amount of money they have and the corresponding facilities in Maranello. Consider that and being a midfield team is not enough as it doesn’t justify the expenditure.

Xyz22
Xyz22

I wonder if they are trying to use the same approach as last year to reduce the car instability, that is understeery setups.

I can't understand why the car is struggling so much in fast and medium speed corners.

deadhead

Xyz22 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 21:45
I wonder if they are trying to use the same approach as last year to reduce the car instability, that is understeery setups.

I can't understand why the car is struggling so much in fast and medium speed corners.
This here is a similar take:

https://x.com/lrlucaruocco/status/18147 ... 2n8am2mMAg

Xyz22
Xyz22

deadhead wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 21:50
Xyz22 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 21:45

This here is a similar take:

https://x.com/lrlucaruocco/status/18147 ... 2n8am2mMAg
Yeah, i saw it before posting here. I wanted to link it but i have no clue how to translate it automatically in eng.

Last hope to have a few good races is the Singapore package at this point. They won't be competitive like last year with the SF 23 in low DWF tracks.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The reason that Leclerc couldn't get a 2nd lap in before the red flag in Q3 was because he hit the garage wall while leaving his garage. The team pushed him back into the garage to check the car while Sainz and the others did their second runs in the best conditions. Leclerc didn't have new tires for the 2nd run anyway so would not have improved. I don't know why he used so many tires. I don't know why he hit the garage wall. It was not a good session on his side.

I don't believe Ferrari is quicker than Mercedes so Sainz did a really good job to outqualify Hamilton. Let's see if he can keep him behind. The dirty air is bad here.

deadhead

Sainz can do it as long as he starts well

FeelHeel
FeelHeel

All F1 teams have a staff made up of great, talented engineers. But they are not equal; some teams have more talent than others. I’m wondering if Ferrari engineering talent is good enough to keep up with the best — RB, McL and MB. I’m afraid Ferrari simply does not have the engineering talent. — and management skill to contend with the current big three, RB, McL and MB.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man, but he was not a good man.
— Phil Hill

F1NAC

So last year, it was said that the concept was pretty much limited because higher SIS structure. They revised it for this year to hit the limit after few upgrades? So that statement from Cardille regarding suspension and not adressing issues there could possibly hamper whole 2024 project? What a disaster