2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:06
And sadly that’s why I just can’t warm to my fellow Dutchman. An amazing driver but a bad example of how to conduct yourself inside the car.

The team gave him a rubbish strat today but there are ways to go about getting your team aboard. This feels like frustration that’s been building over the last 6 months or so coming out like a volcano.

Discretion is the better part of valour. Live to fight another day. Seeing the bigger picture comes with experience and age.
I'm not a Max fan by any means. But I really enjoy Max this way, unapologetic and unwilling to back down. Would you support him of he did anything differently? And we've seen it from 2021. Whenever Max and Lewis occupy the same space on the track, 8 times out of 10 there is gonna be contact.

Bill
Bill

djones wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:59
I can’t remember the guys name, Max’s engineer that thinks he’s a celebrity by arguing and being firm with Max….

That relationship is going south after today. Some of the comments where he was trying to live up to his reputation were just stupid.
max was being petulant be honest.the engineer is not just an engineer he is also an head of something.a considerable amount of effort was made to fix yuki head, ithink Max should have been afforded the same remedy

PinkFloydPulse

Juzh wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:07
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:03
Juzh wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:59
Make no mistake, Hamilton knew exactly what he was doing. Verstappen wasnt gonna make the apex (and maybe the corner) in any case, but it's not like it's the first time someone attempted a too optimistic divebomb on someone. In that case you just wait for them to run off and undercut them on exit. Its been done a thousand times. Hamilton played a dangerous game and it worked out for him.

As for verstappen's rants on the radio, dude needs to take a chill page out of piastri's notebook.
Really? So he managed to time it to perfection while braking from 300km/h, turning in, and then hitting Max on purpose while also being able to not break his car... Wow... Science-fiction...
Easy for hamilton as he's the ultimate master of these games. A skill in which rash and impulsive Verstappen couldnt possibly match him.
lol, you have to be trolling now... There is no other way I can answer to this... :lol:
Team Fernando!

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Jdn1327 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:09
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
And sadly that’s why I just can’t warm to my fellow Dutchman. An amazing driver but a bad example of how to conduct yourself inside the car.

The team gave him a rubbish strat today but there are ways to go about getting your team aboard. This feels like frustration that’s been building over the last 6 months or so coming out like a volcano.

Discretion is the better part of valour. Live to fight another day. Seeing the bigger picture comes with experience and age.
I'm not a Max fan by any means. But I really enjoy Max this way, unapologetic and unwilling to back down. Would you support him of he did anything differently? And we've seen it from 2021. Whenever Max and Lewis occupy the same space on the track, 8 times out of 10 there is gonna be contact.
You can be utterly ruthless on track without having to resort to a plethora of expletives every radio comms.

Sergej
Sergej

so Marko just confirmed the upgrade didn't give what they expected, they will judge again in Spa but this is the situation, another under delivering upgrade

Juzh

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:11
Juzh wrote:
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:03

Really? So he managed to time it to perfection while braking from 300km/h, turning in, and then hitting Max on purpose while also being able to not break his car... Wow... Science-fiction...
Easy for hamilton as he's the ultimate master of these games. A skill in which rash and impulsive Verstappen couldnt possibly match him.
lol, you have to be trolling now... There is no other way I can answer to this... :lol:
believe what you will. i've seen too much of hamiltons driving to know whats what when i see it

leblanc
leblanc

Juzh wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:13
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:11
Juzh wrote:

believe what you will. i've seen too much of hamiltons driving to know whats what when i see it
I see your points, but I think that ultimately Hamilton lacks the absolute precision required. He is excellent, however, at being in the wrong place for other drivers trying to pass him.

Xyz22
Xyz22

I don't see a penalty for Max.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Xyz22 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:05
Juzh wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:04
Come to think of it, losing only 8 points in wdc is not too big a disaster all things considered.
WDC is safe. Max just need to manage.
It's not in his nature - he has to win everything, every time. Anything less is seen as a failure. Probably got that from his dad.

But the team need to take Max aside and have a quiet but very firm word with him. Manage the points from here or you will risk losing the title even with your current lead. And swearing at us down the radio isn't going to help anyone so stop that too.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Vettel165

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:26
Xyz22 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:05
Juzh wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:04
Come to think of it, losing only 8 points in wdc is not too big a disaster all things considered.
WDC is safe. Max just need to manage.
It's not in his nature - he has to win everything, every time. Anything less is seen as a failure. Probably got that from his dad.

But the team need to take Max aside and have a quiet but very firm word with him. Manage the points from here or you will risk losing the title even with your current lead. And swearing at us down the radio isn't going to help anyone so stop that too.
Agree. Just have a meeting. If our car cant win, try to get max points at least, damage limitation. And race will come sooner than later we will be back and win again. Patience is needed.

DDopey
DDopey

Personally, I think you cannot behave yourself that way with a team where you have had so many succeses together with.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:12
Jdn1327 wrote:
101FlyingDutchman wrote:

You can be utterly ruthless on track without having to resort to a plethora of expletives every radio comms.
Yeah I guess so. But I like the drivers having emotion. Yes I also believe in professionalism but it's nice to hear emotion from time to time.

Luscion
Luscion

Max is savage today, said he doesnt need to apologize, people can be vocal over the radio that they just need to do better and if people dont like it they can just stay home

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Jdn1327 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:46
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:12
Jdn1327 wrote:

Yeah I guess so. But I like the drivers having emotion. Yes I also believe in professionalism but it's nice to hear emotion from time to time.
We aren’t that far from agreeing. It’s happening too much with VER and I struggle showing it to my 9yo son and I’m actually ashamed of the amount of ranting. (He’s a VER fan because of his Dutch roots). I just find the whole thing utterly distasteful

Sergej
Sergej

all that rage over the radio, and yesterday comment about "someone needs to wake up", maybe they're a sign of something going on behind the scenes ? feels like something is broken in the team, for a while now