2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sergej wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:54
all that rage over the radio, and yesterday comment about "someone needs to wake up", maybe they're a sign of something going on behind the scenes ? feels like something is broken in the team, for a while now
It all started with the Horner saga. Things have been going downhill from then for whatever reason. I think they will be in damage limitation mode for the rest of the season. With that said they should win Spa and Monza comfortably as I think their straight line speed is still unmatched, but after that I don't think they're favored to win anywhere.

Sergej
Sergej

Spa is a write off if they will take the engine penalty unfortunately

or maybe after this mess they will delay it in order to try to bounce back immediately, but then it'll be in Monza so another write off anyway

in any event, I don't think they will win "comfortably" anymore, anywhere
Last edited by Sergej on 21 Jul 2024, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

FNTC
FNTC

Newey leaving, the tensions between Horner and Jos, etc. Max seems fed up today, almost as if he has already decided to leave at the end of the season.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Sergej wrote:
all that rage over the radio, and yesterday comment about "someone needs to wake up", maybe they're a sign of something going on behind the scenes ? feels like something is broken in the team, for a while now
I think it's time Max leave Red Bull at the end of this year. The situation is not going to improve for him in this broken team.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:01
Sergej wrote:
I think it's time Max leave Red Bull at the end of this year. The situation is not going to improve for him in this broken team.
And go where? Mercedes? Are they going to be a strong enough team once Hamilton leaves? Doubtful imo.

Bill
Bill

high downforce tracks dont play to redbull strength these is similar to the likes of singapore and monaco

Dunlay
Dunlay

Hammerfist wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:04
Dunlay wrote:
Sergej wrote:
And go where? Mercedes? Are they going to be a strong enough team once Hamilton leaves? Doubtful imo.
He can find his options. May be Aston Martin? Newey is heading there, if the rumors are true and then Honda is going there too. I think this troublesome marriage is anyway not going to last beyond this year. Mercedes has made progress despite Lewis deciding to leave! He isn't having any impact on that team.

Tommy.G
Tommy.G

I don’t know about you but this looks like a different Max to me! This isn’t the Max Verstappen I’m used to!

Not only today but since Austria maybe! Nothing to do with the collisions! It’s the way he races…not even defending at Silverstone against the McLarens, then losing a ton of time during the rain, today passing Hamilton and then running wide and then again locking up and clashing with him! This isn’t him being a machine like he always is…

Something just doesn’t look right! And it’s definitely not just the car not being fast enough! Something is going on behind the scenes…

I get the feeling this is the time for a driver to change teams! He may need a new environment soon if this continues…

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Dunlay wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:09
Hammerfist wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:04
Dunlay wrote:
He can find his options. May be Aston Martin? Newey is heading there, if the rumors are true and then Honda is going there too. I think this troublesome marriage is anyway not going to last beyond this year. Mercedes has made progress despite Lewis deciding to leave! He isn't having any impact on that team.
Aston martin may have been a good choice but is there actually an opening there? Lance Stroll isn't going anywhere no matter how bad he performs. So he would have to replace Alonso. The nepotism that is going on at that team would turn me off immediately. I would be shocked if Newey ends up there. Mercedes does not get the results they got the last 2 races without Hamilton. It was also Hamilton that steered them away from the zero pod concept and get the team to build a car that is a whole lot more competitive than it ever was in 22' and 23'. George Russell is a weak driver on Sundays and has no idea about helping develop a car. You want to tell me Verstappen can do that. Sure, but it will take a while for him to be embedded and start steering them in the right direction.

djones
djones

Tommy.G wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:11
I don’t know about you but this looks like a different Max to me! This isn’t the Max Verstappen I’m used to!

Not only today but since Austria maybe! Nothing to do with the collisions! It’s the way he races…not even defending at Silverstone against the McLarens, then losing a ton of time during the rain, today passing Hamilton and then running wide and then again locking up and clashing with him! This isn’t him being a machine like he always is…

Something just doesn’t look right! And it’s definitely not just the car not being fast enough! Something is going on behind the scenes…

I get the feeling this is the time for a driver to change teams! He may need a new environment soon if this continues…
When in the best car with one of the worst teammates on the grid it’s easy to look amazing.

Now he’s not in the best car he just looks average.

Hes not average, he’s clearly in the top three drivers of course. But you get the point.

FNTC
FNTC

Most realistic option is Mercedes. A long shot if he wants to gamble is Audi, hoping they do well in 2026, he gets along nicely with Hulkenberg. But then he might as well stay with Red Bull for 25.

Sergej
Sergej

that camera shot on Hannah was quite telling about the strategy today

djones
djones

FNTC wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:18
Most realistic option is Mercedes. A long shot if he wants to gamble is Audi, hoping they do well in 2026, he gets along nicely with Hulkenberg. But then he might as well stay with Red Bull for 25.
We all thought (I bet including Max) Redbull would be the best in 24 and 25, such was their advantage. So it made perfect sense to stay in the team until then.

I personally think at this rate and with the departure of Adrian, Max would be better in a Mercedes in 25.

Or a McLaren. But as we have seen today McLaren don’t want to win championships so I’d rule them out.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Sergej wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:29
I thought that was a reaction to Max's ranting!

PierreW
PierreW

Sergej wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:29

Did we finally got the answer on what were they trying toa chieve with this retarded strategy?

I mean, letting Max being undercuted twice by Hamilton and once by Leclerc on one of the most difficult track regarding to overtaking was one of the biggest mistake they could make on strategy.

The car wasn't fast enough and when the McLaren started 1-2 and after giving back the position, the only place they could achieve was third, and they blew it with the dumbest strategy possible.

Hannah and the team let Max down this time. His anger was justified.