2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Sherrinford wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:48
Rikrikrik wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:16
Sherrinford wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 16:12
Questionable strategy, positions lost to Russell and Perez. Same race pace as Silverstone, nothing more, nothing less. After the flexible wing I expected more, we'll see in Spa, but I think it's already bi better to think about 2025 and hope for Newey's arrival
They went to a wrong way and for hungary they expect come back to the right way, and thats it. Start to now, we can expect more performance, if they goes down again, they really complete lost.
But what is the difference in pace between Hungary and silverstone? Simply none, the gaps have even increased. Then the strategy...
Alonso with Strolls strategy would have beaten Tsunoda by at least 5 seconds. Car is 5th fastest and if nothing happens to the teams ahead thats the maximum, but the pitwall is not up to level just like last year

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

KimiRai wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:20
Sherrinford wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:
They went to a wrong way and for hungary they expect come back to the right way, and thats it. Start to now, we can expect more performance, if they goes down again, they really complete lost.
But what is the difference in pace between Hungary and silverstone? Simply none, the gaps have even increased. Then the strategy...
Alonso with Strolls strategy would have beaten Tsunoda by at least 5 seconds. Car is 5th fastest and if nothing happens to the teams ahead thats the maximum, but the pitwall is not up to level just like last year
We need wait to Spa to a better view how many better that car is. Hungary is fit like a Barcelona where we was only faster just than Stake And Williams. Today we were fifth team where the car is not great. But i insist, teoristicly they "found the way" and the next updates and races we need more performance, if stay ate 75s behind until november, they are complete lost.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:20
Sherrinford wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:
The other thing was they could have used Stroll to hold Tsunoda back and let Alonso catch him easier but they pitted Stroll on lap 47. They could have held Tsunoda up and wear his tires from not being in clean air. instead, they gave him clean air.

Maybe they didn't think they were racing Tsunoda?

FNTC
FNTC

5th fastest car in race pace at least. Hopefully something to work from going forwards.
But the strategy especially for Alonso was horrendous. Should have been at least P9, P10 today.

Big Gun
Big Gun

What a horrible strategy for Alonso, pits him on lap 7 to cover the undercut ( one lap to late), come out in traffic, then does a long stint on the M tyres and was faster than Stroll who was on 7 laps newer M, Alonso was happy on the M and wanted to stay out because his pace was good and he didnt want to do many laps on the H tyre, but they still boxed him early again only to be behind Ricciardo, forcing him to push early on the Hards to pass, then his tyres are cooked trying to catch Yuki, Stroll on 10 lap fresher tyres, is let through from Alonso to chase Yuki (as he had new tyres to catch him) and after failing to pass Yuki, Stroll refused to give Alonso back the place lol.
Doubt Alonso cares about 1 point, but Alonso wont forget that.....

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Stroll is a daddy boy. He's never going to obey any team order if he can benefit for it. And there's little Alonso can do about that. If he strikes back, he would be confronting the boss. It's more intelligent to just race as always... The difference in quality is so big that he'll be getting better results than Stroll most of the races.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Guys Alonso doesn't have many years of F1 career ahead of him, so he can't afford to do what he did 10 years ago, he'll get over it.However, in my opinion at the press conference he was more disappointed with the gap from the top teams than from the rest problems, then everyone draws their own conclusions

-wkst-
-wkst-

Well, ALO was dead slow on the softs, normally the team should have reacted earlier to let STR by. I don’t see the big quality difference since a couple of races. If ALO continues in such a Form, he should remember his own words. „First one to raise his hand“. Looks more like VET before his retirement right now. As a diehard ALO Fan, this is hard to watch.

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Yeah. He said he could have made a longer 1st stint, but it seems he was very slow with that tyres. Of course he was on softs, so it's not comparable to the cars ahead... But I agree. The peace wasn't there.

The team said it several times, today there wasn't going to be pace improvements. But they are too far from the top teams, and that's not easy to fix at all.

FNTC
FNTC

Of course you are going to look slow in hindsight when you save your tires and the team decides to pit you on lap 7 to cover slower teams that you shouldn't need to react to...
He was mad after that early stop:
Last edited by FNTC on 21 Jul 2024, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

-wkst- wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:50
Well, ALO was dead slow on the softs, normally the team should have reacted earlier to let STR by. I don’t see the big quality difference since a couple of races. If ALO continues in such a Form, he should remember his own words. „First one to raise his hand“. Looks more like VET before his retirement right now. As a diehard ALO Fan, this is hard to watch.
Alonso was slow on soft because he was saving his tyres, he could finish ahead stroll without that terrible strategy, and obviously, much more than his age, his motivation, last year he was fighting to podiums, now hes fighting to p10, he is a champion and stroll doesnt metter for him where his fighting, his a kid playing with the his daddy tools ( sorry, but, i think this about him)

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

"If ALO continues in such a Form"

Here we go again.

Man, if you think that he was slow because he's "in such that form", then you're not a diehard fan at all.

I don't even know why am I replying you.

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Rikrikrik wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:58
-wkst- wrote:
Alonso was slow on soft because he was saving his tyres, he could finish ahead stroll without that terrible strategy, and obviously, much more than his age, his motivation, last year he was fighting to podiums, now hes fighting to p10, he is a champion and stroll doesnt metter for him where his fighting, his a kid playing with the his daddy tools ( sorry, but, i think this about him)
Agree 100%.

FNTC
FNTC

-wkst-
-wkst-

Rikrikrik wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:58
-wkst- wrote:
Alonso was slow on soft because he was saving his tyres, he could finish ahead stroll without that terrible strategy
Sorry, but that wasn’t only managing. STR was immediately more than 1 sec quicker once ALO boxed. There’s no sense to manage at such an intense because everyone behind you will just do the undercut…