2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Dunlay wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 05:45
djos wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 05:09
Dunlay wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 05:06
It becomes difficult to continue when arguments become personal attacks.
I’m not attacking you personally, I’m attacking the lack of facts behind your conclusions.

This is the F1Techical forum, not Autosport. I get that you’ve only been on this forum since March this year, but you’ve been provided with the facts multiple times and ignored them. You either don’t want to learn, or are trolling.
I guess the compulsive obsession to defend a particular driver's poor performance is worthy of F1technical.
Nope, Im defending the facts - I dont bag Yuki just because I'm a Danny Ric fan, I give him his dues. Yuki has had some shocker strategy calls this year too, and I have called them for what they were! eg

viewtopic.php?p=1230583&hilit=yuki#p1230583
"In downforce we trust"

ispano6

Goes to show how well Yuki managed his pace to keep his tires alive across both stints. His total average lap time might have been slower by this posters numbers, as that would be required in order to prolong the life of the tires. Really was a solid drive but also a timely strategy that left Yuki in clean air for a good majority of the race and able to just manage his pace. With a few more laps and he would have been overtaken by Stroll, Alonso, and Ricciardo.

runningmanz
runningmanz

hasika wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 05:41
Meaningless comparison,Yuki was the only driver who did one stop.Theoretically 2 stop was the fastest strategy here,so of course Yuki would be slower in race pace.For someone who had to run his mediums in 30 laps,everyone know he will be slower in pure race pace,especially in terms of data statistics.
I know you love Ric,but Yuki finished the race with 2 points and ahead of two Astion Martin,which was a amazing job and we should appreciate it.
No its not its adjusted for everything to make it fair. For a start Dan was stuck in a DRS train for ages after that first stop AND had to cede multiple times for blue flags late in the race unlike Yuki. He was in front of Yuki before that daft pit stop and it was clear he was faster. From lap 31 when they were both on hards and basically same age tyres right up until lap 64 or so when Dan got blue flags he was quicker bar a handful of laps. They both did 41 laps in that last stint on hards. Anyone suggesting Yuki was faster and did better after Ricciardo clearly got shafted yet was still faster is delusional.
Last edited by runningmanz on 22 Jul 2024, 07:50, edited 5 times in total.

djos

ispano6 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 06:52
Goes to show how well Yuki managed his pace to keep his tires alive across both stints. His total average lap time might have been slower by this posters numbers, as that would be required in order to prolong the life of the tires. Really was a solid drive but also a timely strategy that left Yuki in clean air for a good majority of the race and able to just manage his pace. With a few more laps and he would have been overtaken by Stroll, Alonso, and Ricciardo.
Yuki drove an excellent race - I honestly thought he’d 2 stopped until I went and checked the F1 pitstop data.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 07:42
ispano6 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 06:52
Yuki drove an excellent race - I honestly thought he’d 2 stopped until I went and checked the F1 pitstop data.
Yuki did well esp in that first stint managing the tyres but last stint Dan and Yuki both did basically the same number of laps on the hards from lap 31 or so to the flag. Dan did 40 laps on the mediums last year so pretty certain he could have made those mediums last a long first stint as well.

Bill
Bill

hkbruin wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 20:40
If Dan is supposed to be that good to be considered for the RBR seat then he should be mopping the floor with Yuki. The fact that he hasn’t means that Yuki is putting it together much better more consistently. from the outside it looks like Horner is intentionally leaving out Yuki because he feels miffed that Honda decided to leave and their own engine development is probably not coming along as good as hoped.
i dont understand why Horner would have a beef with Honda they never signed a long term contract with redbull like they did with McLaren .so from the start Honda never showed long term commitment. Honda had to leave f1 because of
western bureaucrats were threating to ban fossil fuel cars in the future .so what else should they have done if there whole business model was in jeopardy.

Bill
Bill

ric didnt lose position to be honest ,he covered the people he was racing which is what you want from a decent strategy .he was always going to lose to perez and russell .the real annoyance is yuki is ahead but in those hot conditions his strategy was a gamble .alonso on much fresh tires eventually fell off while trying to catch yuki so it show even a two stop is a challenge. Yuki got that strategy because over a course of his career at vcarb he showed convincily that he is good at saving tires and driving fast even if they are not at optimal condition.

djos

Bill wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:05
ric didnt lose position to be honest ,he covered the people he was racing which is what you want from a decent strategy .
The team disagree with your assessment!
Laurent Mekies (Team Principal)

Unfortunately, we got it wrong with Daniel and pitted him too early in heavy traffic, which lost him a chance to fight for points. His pace had been extremely strong all weekend long, and he demonstrated that again in the final stint of the race when he was finally able to find some free air and fight his way back. We certainly share his frustration, and we will learn and come back stronger next week.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

Bill wrote:
ric didnt lose position to be honest ,he covered the people he was racing which is what you want from a decent strategy .he was always going to lose to perez and russell .the real annoyance is yuki is ahead but in those hot conditions his strategy was a gamble .alonso on much fresh tires eventually fell off while trying to catch yuki so it show even a two stop is a challenge. Yuki got that strategy because over a course of his career at vcarb he showed convincily that he is good at saving tires and driving fast even if they are not at optimal condition.
Dan proved last year in the Vcarb how good he was managing the tyres doing a massive 40 laps on mediums at Hungary. It doesn't wash to say Yuki was right to get that strategy and not Dan.

Bill
Bill

runningmanz wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:42
Bill wrote:
Dan proved last year in the Vcarb how good he was managing the tyres doing a massive 40 laps on mediums at Hungary. It doesn't wash to say Yuki was right to get that strategy and not Dan.
yes i get that but that's one isolated event what i meant was being able to good at saving tires at all time different conditions and at all races,bit like Lewis.dan should have been able to challenge Aston to be honest they are quick but always suffer tire wear issues .just make the best out of what you got.he should have fought hard against Magnussen, time was lost been behind too.

Bill
Bill

djos wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:15
Bill wrote:
ric didnt lose position to be honest ,he covered the people he was racing which is what you want from a decent strategy .

Unfortunately, we got it wrong with Daniel and pitted him too early in heavy traffic, which lost him a chance to fight for points. His pace had been extremely strong all weekend long, and he demonstrated that again in the final stint of the race when he was finally able to find some free air and fight his way back. We certainly share his frustration, and we will learn and come back stronger next week.
team bosses are expected to do their part on pr nothing new there. early pitstop worked perfectly fine in Austria .the right strategy usually becomes apparent after a race.

djos

Bill wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 10:33
djos wrote:
Bill wrote:

team bosses are expected to do their part on pr nothing new there. early pitstop worked perfectly fine in Austria .the right strategy usually becomes apparent after a race.
The soft tire runners had no choice but to stop, Daniel had a tire life advantage that meant he could drive at race pace for many more laps. The team threw that advantage in the bin, as Yuki proved.
"In downforce we trust"

Bill
Bill

djos wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 10:50
Bill wrote:
djos wrote:

The soft tire runners had no choice but to stop, Daniel had a tire life advantage that meant he could drive at race pace for many more laps. The team threw that advantage in the bin, as Yuki proved.
you moving in cycles. The pitstop was for track position to cover the likes of Haas and Williams cars that were significantly faster than vcarb in Silverstone so it made sence at the time. A similar strategy was deployed in imola i saw yuki pull overtake moves on opponents in middle of corner which was not easy track to overtake too. Races are not won or lost on strategy drivers still expected to do their bit on track .at redbull they expected Max to pull some overtake but he didnt like he usually does so his strat didnt work too.these thing happen.

djos

Bill wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 12:09
you moving in cycles. The pitstop was for track position to cover the likes of Haas and Williams cars that were significantly faster than vcarb in Silverstone so it made sence at the time. A similar strategy was deployed in imola i saw yuki pull overtake moves on opponents in middle of corner which was not easy track to overtake too. Races are not won or lost on strategy drivers still expected to do their bit on track .at redbull they expected Max to pull some overtake but he didnt like he usually does so his strat didnt work too.these thing happen.

That’s not what the team said, they said they reacted to the soft tire runners ahead of Daniel!

Guillaume Dezoteux (Head of Vehicle Performance)

Some cars started to pit early, and we reacted with Daniel, which put him in heavy traffic and did not allow him to use his pace.
Last edited by djos on 22 Jul 2024, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
"In downforce we trust"

basti313
basti313

Bill wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 12:09
djos wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 10:50
Bill wrote:

The discussion does not make much sense.
Ric and the whole group around him was screwed by Gasly who went long and no one in the group could overtake. This was simply the difference between the 2 and 1 stop in the backfield. The 2 stop did not work as everyone piled up behind the Alpine.
For the rest the 2 stop was not worse, the 1 stop was not better as the cars at the front proved.
Don`t russel the hamster!