2024 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 19 - 21

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
RacePaceDemon

Re: 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 19 - 21

Just_a_fan wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 01:18
It's interesting to see the official forum pieces about the clash focus on Hamilton. "Hamilton under investigation", "no penalty for Hamilton". Hamilton was never under investigation, Max was.

Should be "Verstappen under investigation" and "Verstappen escapes a penalty", of course.

And even when picked up on it by someone on Facebook, tried to focus blame on Hamilton. And said "all good" as it was a race incident.

One hates to use the b-word, but it's showing through the cracks just a little bit.
I've noticed this for a while. Same with some of his victory articles too. Trying to belittle it. I guess the person who writes them is a salty lieutenant of the orange army :wink:
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

PlatinumZealot

Just_a_fan wrote:
It's interesting to see the official forum pieces about the clash focus on Hamilton. "Hamilton under investigation", "no penalty for Hamilton". Hamilton was never under investigation, Max was.

Should be "Verstappen under investigation" and "Verstappen escapes a penalty", of course.

And even when picked up on it by someone on Facebook, tried to focus blame on Hamilton. And said "all good" as it was a race incident.

One hates to use the b-word, but it's showing through the cracks just a little bit.

Weeeelll... They know their audience! Hehe.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

SKYnRacing24

littlebigcat wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 01:33
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 23:28
Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 22:30

Norris was petulant in the cool down room (both with Lewis and in his actions) and then on the podium where he ignored Piastri and sprayed champagne at the team rep and Lewis.

Norris is increasingly coming across as a spoilt brat.
Dudes just butthurt he's not making use of a fast car, Im glad im getting a sample size of what Norris is about on track and off when the cars competitive. That jokey playful mask of his has slipped and even though he's more serious these days he's not getting it done on track. Which means i can't really take him seriously (for now)

For all the talk that he's on Max or Lewis's levels, the simple fact is he is not. 6 years in F1 and i haven't seen a standout performance apart from a few qualies here and there. He's a good driver without doubt but the situation is this, to win this possible title. He needs to put clinical weekends together from SPA to the end of the season. He seems to have a pace advantage over Pastri 8 times out 10, Qualy he's been on it but on race day he can't optimise the package.

He didn't have any belief he could take Piastri on track even though he had a 1.3 second gap before the pitstop phase. Should of used his brain to realise him pitting first would cause internal problems as the undercut was powerful but could of thought on track even being 3 or 4 seconds back after Pastri pitted first.

Hamilton had these situations when fighting against Nico and more often than not he passed him on track as he had a pace advantage. I guess Norris didn't think he would have the delta to overtake Piastri on a circuit like this so allowed that decision to be made from the pitwall. With the pace Norris was showing in that last stint, he could of brought himself into fighting range. Andrea Stella saying they were worried about on track battles between them gives a lil insight to why they made that decision.

Overall Norris needs to do better. I wouldn't want to be P1 going up through Eau Rouge either on SPA lap 1. He will most likely get slipstreamed from who evers behind lol
Hamilton was into his seventh season of F1 and had two former champions as team mates before he was fighting with Rosberg.

This is Norris’ first season in a competitive car, hardly comparable
Excuses tbh. you can't be blowing 5 - 6 races in a row of possible wins regardless if your in your 1st or 10th season in F1.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Hamilton should thank Red Bull for running a 1 car team for his recent results.

Just_a_fan wrote:

Good spot. I imagine readership is small, so no one cares
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

e30ernest
e30ernest

I couldn't hear the cooldown room discussion last night live. Lando is really becoming unlikable....

That said, congrats to McLaren for the 1-2. They are indeed the fastest team now, and it is a testament to their hard work. Amazing job to go from almost the back of the grid to the front in just a year. Also congrats to Lewis for 200 podiums!

r85
r85

e30ernest wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:08
I couldn't hear the cooldown room discussion last night live. Lando is really becoming unlikable....

That said, congrats to McLaren for the 1-2. They are indeed the fastest team now, and it is a testament to their hard work. Amazing job to go from almost the back of the grid to the front in just a year. Also congrats to Lewis for 200 podiums!
Yep, he and McLaren still have to get used to fighting at the front so that they can handle the pressure better. Ever since they've had a race winning car, Lando hasn't maximized his results like Max and Lewis. I wonder if he regrets saying that Hamilton was only successful because of his cars...

toraabe
toraabe

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 22:34
chrisc90 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:53
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:28
Norris throwing shade at Hamilton in the cool down room sums up why he's buddies with Max. The psychology is fascinating. Norris ONCE AGAIN has failed to capitalise on a race win. How many chances does he need to get a consistent run going, hes feeling intimidated, ego knocked for six. This is why this talk of a title charge is hyperbole, hes got oscar in the other car, A pitwall that might aswell sit on a actual wooden fence , poor starts with poor racecraft at times. Ive heard " this is the first year he's had a car to challenge " I don't give a crap, Lewis, Alonso, Max all stepped up when the opportunity arises. He's in his 6th year in F1, pissing away chances like this is quite frankly......a disgrace. Russell would not be messing about like that. He has clear racecraft on wheel to wheel battles and would of won previous races with it.

Expect to see desperate driving from Norris in Spa. Yes thats right i said it.
Norris should have kept P1. Dont win WDC's by throwing away points like that.
It's a team sport. If the team had agreed in the morning briefing about how priorities would play out in the race and both drivers agreed, then that's what they should stick to. Indeed, on the radio, the race engineer mentioned the Sunday morning meetings so it was obviously something they discuss between the drivers. Norris might need Piastri later in the season - he won't want to be fighting his team mate and Max at the same time.

And you can win titles whilst still being a decent person. Lewis gave the place back to Valtteri in Hungary as agreed - although Valtteri didn't make it easy by being so far back.
Exactly. It's a team sport. The team always has to come first. Except for Verstappen. (Brazil)

DGP123
DGP123

Max & Lando are highly unlikeable. The entitled, new age driver brats, with little or no respect. Lando has hit the big time, and all he’s done is showcase how unprepared and out of his depth he is at the sharp end of the grid.

Quantum

e30ernest wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:08

Even taking into account heat of the moment and disappointed in having to give up the race win....I agree.
Lando does not come off well here.
Lewis complimenting the McLaren car met with a very sour "well you had it for 7 years". Petulance and sad to see.
"Interplay of triads"

Matt2725
Matt2725

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 01:47
langedweil wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 23:12
I'll won't mingle in the Ham/Ver discussion, I'd just say a fine decision. Red mist got the overhand, and Ham didn't bulge.
Except you just did. And LH did more than just not budge. As DC said on the live call on F1 TV
Now why would Red Bull employee David Coulthard say such a thing?

RacePaceDemon

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 02:31
You guys are so hard to debate with as you don't seem to appreciate basic facts :lol:

You'll be the first to say we need to appreciate max's dominance and how great he is. And last year he was great and driving at a high level.

But that doesn't mean you can start disrespecting other drivers when your boy isn't winning anymore and bottling things in a faster car.

Hamilton won that through a brilliant defensive drive and from Max bottling it under pressure, that's it
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

RacePaceDemon wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 11:12
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
You guys are so hard to debate with as you don't seem to appreciate basic facts :lol:

You'll be the first to say we need to appreciate max's dominance and how great he is. And last year he was great and driving at a high level.

But that doesn't mean you can start disrespecting other drivers when your boy isn't winning anymore and bottling things in a faster car.

Hamilton won that through a brilliant defensive drive and from Max bottling it under pressure, that's it
They are not here for debates. Reading the post you quoted alone gives you a fair picture of the intent of the poster. Reading a few more gives you an even better idea, so don’t take the bait…

basti313
basti313

DGP123 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:30
Max & Lando are highly unlikeable. The entitled, new age driver brats, with little or no respect. Lando has hit the big time, and all he’s done is showcase how unprepared and out of his depth he is at the sharp end of the grid.
I wonder who is not? Verstappen is certainly a very deep type of ***, which is not super surprising knowing his father. But also Ham or Vet certainly fall into the *** class with really stupid radios in the past like "because I am black" and others...in this regard Rosberg was someone (the only WDC since Schu?) who did not have stupid outbursts on the radio, so in case he was an a******, he could hide it on the radio. Thinking about it...maybe Button as well?

But we need to be realistic: We are talking about the pinnacle of sports. These guys are not out of this world. Similar to cheering to the best soccer players, it is normal to cheer to a complete weirdo whom you could never stand in real live. :?
Maybe this "pinnacle" even solves my struggle with Rosberg and Button in the explanation.

It is what it is and it is and really boring to read every weekend which of these weirdos is the bigger weirdo. Let me end this with citing the most charming one on the grid: "Let them race".
Don`t russel the hamster!

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Tvetovnato wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 11:19
RacePaceDemon wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 11:12
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

They are not here for debates. Reading the post you quoted alone gives you a fair picture of the intent of the poster. Reading a few more gives you an even better idea, so don’t take the bait…
Remember to attack the post, not the poster...
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.