2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

GoranF1 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 18:56
It's going to nice cold and wet in Spa entire weekend. Car should work on that track.
This is an excellent track to fight for 9th and 10th position (if the first 4 teams do well). I mean until September there is nothing to be happy about, they had declared that silverstone Austria and Barcelona they were difficult matches, another championship from Hungary. And instead we are at the same starting point, but I mean are you happy with something like this?Me not at all, I don't let myself be fooled

GoranF1
GoranF1

Sherrinford wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 19:15
GoranF1 wrote:
It's going to nice cold and wet in Spa entire weekend. Car should work on that track.
This is an excellent track to fight for 9th and 10th position (if the first 4 teams do well). I mean until September there is nothing to be happy about, they had declared that silverstone Austria and Barcelona they were difficult matches, another championship from Hungary. And instead we are at the same starting point, but I mean are you happy with something like this?Me not at all, I don't let myself be fooled
I am not happy but this track should be better.....next year new WT and secret Adrian Newey help will make for a better year
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Jurgen von Diaz

How dare someone do this to Fernando?

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

GoranF1 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 19:30
Sherrinford wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 19:15
GoranF1 wrote:
I am not happy but this track should be better.....next year new WT and secret Adrian Newey help will make for a better year
Newey isn't necessarily coming, he's going to Ferrari

diffuser

SSJ4 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 15:19

I know it’s not definitive since doesn’t take into account traffic or management properly but it helps a bit.

Being that far off in sector 2 is crazy
Alonso's race numbers are always gonna look bad cause of when he pitted on the first stint. When the car is at it's fastest, at the end of the race, his tires were the worst.

Ashwinv16

KimiRai wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 09:39
@-wkst-'s favourite account shares more information :wink:

The upgrade in Hungary was to solidify the car's improvement in flowing corners and medium and high speed that the car already had. Mind you the car had pace to qualify above one Ferrari and Mercedes if it wasn't for the red flag. Starting on softs was a bad idea cause after the first set of pitstops, Alonso and Stroll did not have any clean air when they put on new tires and was always stuck in traffic(importantly behind a Haas which is at least 5kmph faster in a straight line than any other car). Both cars where miles faster than the RB and so Hungary doesn't really show their true race pace. Importantly there was no pace drop off however the Hard tires did not work on the car as well as it was supposed to so that's a head scratcher.

Spa upgrades will bring the much needed traction improvements that the car has lacked all season. Don't know what the upgrades are though.
Halo not as bad as we thought

f1universe
f1universe

-wkst-
-wkst-

Ashwinv16 wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 00:53
KimiRai wrote:

The upgrade in Hungary was to solidify the car's improvement in flowing corners and medium and high speed that the car already had. Mind you the car had pace to qualify above one Ferrari and Mercedes if it wasn't for the red flag. Starting on softs was a bad idea cause after the first set of pitstops, Alonso and Stroll did not have any clean air when they put on new tires and was always stuck in traffic(importantly behind a Haas which is at least 5kmph faster in a straight line than any other car). Both cars where miles faster than the RB and so Hungary doesn't really show their true race pace. Importantly there was no pace drop off however the Hard tires did not work on the car as well as it was supposed to so that's a head scratcher.

Spa upgrades will bring the much needed traction improvements that the car has lacked all season. Don't know what the upgrades are though.
The pace of RB can't be judged properly as TSU did a 1 stop strategy. RIC is substandard nowadays.

Team talked about circuit specific updates for Spa, exactly said a low DF rear wing. No words about traction improvements.

krich
krich

Ashwinv16 wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 00:53
KimiRai wrote:

De la Rosa said nothing is on the radar upgrade-wise before summer break, but DLR is also getting paid by AM so lets see

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Better not to have updates, first we need to test these new ones in my opinion.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Sherrinford wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 11:32
Better not to have updates, first we need to test these new ones in my opinion.
Seems like Aston problem in the tyres. I mean they can be fast Ferrari and even faster ,but the tyres after 2 laps say,no thank you. I wonder how other teams keep alive the tyres ?I wonder what was the Redbull illegal thing and what McLaren try to do with the (illegal) holes at brake covers. FIA obviously keep again everything under the blanket....No transparency at all!

SSJ4
SSJ4

Tyre wear falls under suspension synergy to me. Ferraris improvement compared to last year was down to suspension. Same with red bull regressing but vcarbs improving since they using red bulls rear suspension from last year

We probably went to aggressive with anti dive front

Nikosar
Nikosar

Krack and Fallows have both said on several occasions that the car suffers greatly from high temperatures. Do you think that to achieve better cooling efficiency, the shape and design of the car needs to be completely changed?

A radical change like the one Mercedes made earlier this year? If that's the real solution, it will be for the 2025 car, and they'll continue to deal with the problem until the end of the season, knowing that they'll have to face hot tracks from BAKU to Abu Dhabi.

I'd like to start this debate to change the worthless debates link Alonso shape, Stroll, startegy discutbale issue, Newey coming.... feel free to launch arguments or new arguments and give your opinion

SSJ4
SSJ4

More Rumours about Krack joining audi

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 13:18
Krack and Fallows have both said on several occasions that the car suffers greatly from high temperatures. Do you think that to achieve better cooling efficiency, the shape and design of the car needs to be completely changed?

A radical change like the one Mercedes made earlier this year? If that's the real solution, it will be for the 2025 car, and they'll continue to deal with the problem until the end of the season, knowing that they'll have to face hot tracks from BAKU to Abu Dhabi.

I'd like to start this debate to change the worthless debates link Alonso shape, Stroll, startegy discutbale issue, Newey coming.... feel free to launch arguments or new arguments and give your opinion
The cooling of the AMR24 is perfect. Think he's referring to the flows under the floor when it's hot, how it effects the flows and DF