2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

delsando53 wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 17:57
Just a conspiracy, but I have a feeling 4-5 races ago a lot of negative feedback regarding Stroll's performance and whether father can accept the lack of performance by him, and amount of consistent questioning when he should move aside for someone else ( based from journalists, fans, sponsors) what getting too much of a talking point. Based on history of this father son trying to find loopholes to take advantage their own personal gains. Makes me think there's something fishy going on with the current trend of Stroll bettering Alonso all of a sudden and can't be down to setup changes. I don't know could be he's getting much more simulator time that unaccounted for, hidden mode to lower engine performance of Fernando's engine or inferior chassis with a crack that was accidental during the process? these are all speculative but interesting.
i dont believe on that, i think this performance seems similiar this year is because Alonso is undermotivation after last year and much more after imola failed,he knows is in final part of his career and Stroll doesnt matter to much about where the team be, he never matters about it to much, honestly.

krich
krich

Race pace didn’t looked “bad” for Alo, could be different setup.

Alo had Tsunoda since lap 5 of his stint and lap time was much better than strolls

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Nikosar wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:05
SchuMassa wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 17:31
What is going on with Fernando? He is more often outpaced by Stroll than not. This weekend, so far he is nowhere near, no matter which set they're on.
"he is nowhere near" : they ended +0,006 ...Come on man, old PU issue + in Alonso struggling with brake and tyre temp. Stroll is more than 20 points behind in the championship.
Man, this guy is always waiting for a minimal signal (no matter it's based on issues or anecdotical reasons) to chime in with the "Alo is being outpaced by Str" comments. Better letting him alone, I guess.

Big Gun
Big Gun

Hows the race pace?

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Terrible race pace, terrible qualifying pace, but favorable circuit. Hungary fared better in comparison

FNTC
FNTC

Both almost 1.3s behind Lando, and behind an Alpine and a Haas... Yikes. Hope they can find some pace overnight.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Sedaxel wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:15
Nikosar wrote:
SchuMassa wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 17:31
What is going on with Fernando? He is more often outpaced by Stroll than not. This weekend, so far he is nowhere near, no matter which set they're on.
"he is nowhere near" : they ended +0,006 ...Come on man, old PU issue + in Alonso struggling with brake and tyre temp. Stroll is more than 20 points behind in the championship.
Man, this guy is always waiting for a minimal signal (no matter it's based on issues or anecdotical reasons) to chime in with the "Alo is being outpaced by Str" comments. Better letting him alone, I guess.
I didn't even bring up the usual comments - caveats about aging, or some silly conspiracy. Over the last 5 rounds, he has been neck-and-neck Stroll, like it or not. That worries me, and I was seeking some explanation from other users... until you came.
If you are looking for a safe place where all's sunshine and rainbows, you'd better leave yourself, instead of inciting fellow users to exclude others because you don't like what they're writing. So childish! #-o
Last edited by SchuMassa on 26 Jul 2024, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

FNTC
FNTC

Lawrence could be directing the development of the car more towards Lance's driving style, than maximum pace, if max pace only makes Alonso drive faster, etc. Who knows. Or Alonso could be so unmotivated by the drop in pace that he is driving about the same speed as Lance lately. Or maybe Lance is getting faster. Or a combination of many of these.
Last edited by FNTC on 26 Jul 2024, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

Big Gun
Big Gun

SchuMassa wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:31
Sedaxel wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:15
Nikosar wrote:

I didn't even bring up the usual comments - caveats about aging, or some silly conspiracy. Over the last 5 rounds, he has been neck-and-neck Stroll, like it or not. That worries me, and I was seeking some explanation from other users... until you came.
If you are looking for a safe place where all's sunshine and rainbows, you'd better leave yourself, instead of inciting fellow users to exclude others because they don't like what they're writing. So childish! #-o
If you actually watch the races and Qualy and look at the data, Alonso has still been faster. So chill. Example last week despite being on older tryes Alonso was still 2 tenths faster in overall race pace.

FNTC
FNTC

Slower than the Alpines in the long runs so far...

NAPI10
NAPI10

FNTC wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:37
Lawrence could be directing the development of the car more towards Lance's driving style, than maximum pace, if max pace only makes Alonso drive faster, etc. Who knows. Or Alonso could be so unmotivated by the drop in pace that he is driving about the same speed as Lance lately. Or maybe Lance is getting faster. Or a combination of many of these.
Come on, that’s a BS….there is no evidence of tampering or preferential treatment to Lance over Alonso in last 2 years. In fact, Alonso is the one team pampered & favored the ; Lance side of garage has faced most of the technical issues.

FNTC
FNTC

I don't think that is the case either, just throwing out some possible explanations. But like others have said, Alsonso is still mostly quicker than Stroll. Race pace above included.
And in Hungary he would have beaten Stroll in the race even with a worse pit stop strategy, had Lance not ignored the order to give back the place after Alonso let him by to try to attack Tsunoda.

krich
krich

Alo times were messed up by Tsunoda since that 50,9 included

bingaboy
bingaboy

we’ve reached that stage where insecure alonso fans start spouting nonsensical conspiracy theories about the team sabotaging their own driver.
mods, can we please create a thread for alonso chat, and have the TEAM thread unsullied by such comments, 24/7 ??

KimiRai
KimiRai

bingaboy wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:41
we’ve reached that stage where insecure alonso fans start spouting nonsensical conspiracy theories about the team sabotaging their own driver.
mods, can we please create a thread for alonso chat, and have the TEAM thread unsullied by such comments, 24/7 ??
Just like the Red Bull thread is usually about Max charismatic drivers tend to center attention around themselves, who could have known. If you make a thread for only Alonso then you'd be left here alone, is that what you want? :D

On him not performing as well this season, I do think he's getting old but there's likely more than a single reason.