2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FNTC
FNTC

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

I found this now where he seems to shut down the rumors, so lets see: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula- ... i-33331808
But, sitting down with Mirror Sport at the Belgian Grand Prix, he made it clear he remains committed to Aston Martin's own ambitious project. And the former BMW Sauber engineer also offered a theory as to why his name has been linked with a return to the Hinwil-based squad.

He said: "I think a lot of this comes about because I worked there for a very long time. I have a lot of friends still there and I see these friends from time to time.

"Maybe there's an element of people could put one and one together - why is he in Switzerland? Because the godfather of my son is working there! If I have friends there, I cannot abandon my friends because of that.

"I have here the project of a lifetime, where you have someone investing so much to become a big team and to be part of that is an opportunity for everybody. So my focus is on this project, '25, and '26 is a huge challenge in front of us. That is where my thoughts are."

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

SchuMassa wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:12
Sedaxel wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:08
SchuMassa wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:31

I didn't even bring up the usual comments - caveats about aging, or some silly conspiracy. Over the last 5 rounds, he has been neck-and-neck Stroll, like it or not. That worries me, and I was seeking some explanation from other users... until you came.
If you are looking for a safe place where all's sunshine and rainbows, you'd better leave yourself, instead of inciting fellow users to exclude others because you don't like what they're writing. So childish! #-o
"Alonso is nowhere near".

Ok... But I think there's a big difference in me not liking what I read and what you're continuously saying being BS.
The difference is, you are attacking other users instead of sharing your own personal opinion. And I don't think that's right in any case whatsoever.
I'm not attacking anyone. I'm pointing out that you're spreading false statements more often than not. Like that "nowhere near" thing. And casually, it's always in the same direction (Alo being beaten by Str, supposedly).

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

FNTC wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:38
I am not convinced that Seidl is the right person. McLaren really improved after he left, and Sauber has done really poorly after he took over there, so much so that he got fired. Might not be his fault, but the optics aren't great.
Since Seidl arrived at McLaren he has improved a lot, 2019/20/21/22. The podium at Imola 22 in McLaren is the representation of how good he is At Sauber he didn't work as a main TP like he did at McLaren. He organized the team fantastically and with him the team always aimed high every year

FNTC
FNTC

Even if Krack wants to stay at Aston there is a chance he might get fired and replaced by Seidl or someone else, due to lack of results at Aston of course. But the technical side of things seems more to be Fallows' responsibility.

bingaboy
bingaboy

i think it’s fallows who is more under pressure, than krack, at this point

SSJ4
SSJ4

I think fallows is safe. Just will be given less control with cardille arriving

collindsilva
collindsilva

It seems to me that after repeated failures on the upgrades, the team is taking a cautious approach.
There should be better improvements in 2nd half from the upgrades.
If the next upgrades fail and current trajectory continues, it is better to forget 2025 and concentrate your resources for 2026.

stonehenge
stonehenge

One thing I don’t quite understand about the rumors regarding Newey and contract offers from AM/Stroll: how could anyone afford to pay him 25 million/year in the cost cap era. Wouldn’t that decimate your chances to build a good car?

xReVo
xReVo

A lot of time has passed since my last message, well... Who was right in the end? The amr24 as I said at the beginning of the year it cannot be fixed, because in my opinion the problem is linked to the mechanics of the car, in particular the front suspension which does not bite and creates enormous understeer. They try to balance the front with the rear which then starts to slip and for me these are the reasons why Alonso is struggling, a dancing rear and a softfront suspension as happened at the beginning of 2021. I said this in Bahrain because I saw Alonso's 2024 and 23 onboards and the car didn't manage to close the corner like the year before. As you can see I was right

quincalla
quincalla

stonehenge wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 12:26
One thing I don’t quite understand about the rumors regarding Newey and contract offers from AM/Stroll: how could anyone afford to pay him 25 million/year in the cost cap era. Wouldn’t that decimate your chances to build a good car?
Top 3 salaries + drivers' are not included in the cap.

stonehenge
stonehenge

quincalla wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 14:00
stonehenge wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 12:26
Top 3 salaries + drivers' are not included in the cap.
#-o That’s right! Thank you for reminding me haha

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Great job by Fernando, sadly this is all one could achieve with this car.

TLof
TLof

Best of the rest! Good effort. Unfortunately this is where the car is going to be - for the rest of the season. Fighting for the last points.

Nikosar
Nikosar

P9 prior to Verstappen grid penalty, Alonso pulled absolutely everything he could out of the car, couldn't have done better.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I would like be happy but, unfortunetely we know what expect for tomorrow. Alonso with a terrible racepace and fighting with Haas and Vcarb. I dont believe Stroll take p10. We need to wait, but, last few races dont help us to believe on better things for race.