2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

I would like be happy but, unfortunetely we know what expect for tomorrow. Alonso with a terrible racepace and fighting with Haas and Vcarb. I dont believe Stroll take p10. We need to wait, but, last few races dont help us to believe on better things for race.

Big Gun
Big Gun

Its quiet in here?

Good job by Alonso, starting from 8th. Sadly unless there are safety cars or accidents I dont think he can finish higher.
With all the drivers concerned with tire wear 2mrw maybe try something different like a aggressive 3 stopper? or start on hards and do a long first stint, so he can have fresher tires with the tire offset? I dont care about a safe strategy to hold on to the points, I want something that can attack the Ferraris or Mercs!

TLof
TLof

Let's not pay too much attention to that. Even with a good qualifying, it's only P9. That's the main concern and a frustrating one. It's another season that Alonso will spend in the midfield, And the team doesn't give me any hope that they can turn things around.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Nothing against Stroll but for those saying Alonso being outpaced by Stroll, the gap in qualy was +1,4 seconds with 43 years old, on wet conditions and in one of the most dangerous circuits.

Big Gun
Big Gun

I wonder if Stroll deciding not to give the place back to Alonso was a mistake long term for Stroll , Becuase ive been reading a lot of stories of how Alonso was almost driver coaching Stroll and helping him with set up. Now especially after how much faster Alonso was at Spa I wouldnt be suprised if Alonso goes back to consistantly being almost half a sec faster again for the rest of the season.

krich
krich

Couldn’t see qualy, how many teams changed to higher load rear wing in fp3?

Could be something in our favor for tomorrow if it’s dry

SSJ4
SSJ4

Think we stuck with a higher load judging by sector 1/3 times

Nikosar
Nikosar

krich wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 21:10
Couldn’t see qualy, how many teams changed to higher load rear wing in fp3?

Could be something in our favor for tomorrow if it’s dry
Yes many team changed the load but it seems more that the new asphalt is the challenge for all the teams. So Aston having all the DRY sets available could be the little thing in favour for a good race.

Kamel
Kamel

Sacrificed quali for race but there is no pace at all?!

hollus

Apparently it needs repeating:
If you must, attack the post, but not the poster.
If your post is just about another poster… just don’t post it. No one comes here to read personal fights.
Warnings and bans lie that way. Posts are also getting deleted, a waste of time for many people.
Rivals, not enemies.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/new ... grand-prix

HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
"On that subject, we could see through practice that our updates to the AMR24 were working as expected, though the timesheets were suggesting otherwise. Some of the journalists were questioning me about our updates not performing. I was able to tell them to wait and see, promising we would talk later. The real headline is that we're on the right path."

POSITIVITY
"I'm very proud of the team at the moment, for the way it's handled itself over the last few races. At this point in the season, it would be easy to be looking to the summer break and losing focus on the race ahead – but that's not what's happening. The mood is very positive. Everyone is still absolutely flat out. It's easy to see in the metrics: whether that's reliability trackside, progress in aerodynamic development, the speed with which production and our supply chain are delivering new parts.

"I'll be addressing the team before we all go on summer break and saying that we have fewer points than last year but that every metric except that one says the team is heading in the right direction. It's not always noticed how much work goes into that every year: into reliability, into preparation, in pitstop practice, in optimisation, but also setup, aerodynamic analysis, aerodynamic research, development, production, finance! It all has to work together – and if you see what we've done over the last year, it's a positive improvement."

How can u believe this? im praying they start to improve that car after the Hungary.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Big Gun wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:32
I wonder if Stroll deciding not to give the place back to Alonso was a mistake long term for Stroll , Becuase ive been reading a lot of stories of how Alonso was almost driver coaching Stroll and helping him with set up. Now especially after how much faster Alonso was at Spa I wouldnt be suprised if Alonso goes back to consistantly being almost half a sec faster again for the rest of the season.
STR destroyed his car, no wonder for me that he was rubbish in Q. He is not that sort of driver who can bounce back from such a crash. On the other hand I don’t expect ALO to give him half a sec all the time from now on. ALO himself admitted that he fought the car from FP1 to FP3 and only Q was better. Car and ALO is not that sort of connection like last year.

TLof
TLof

Alonso seemed pretty discouraged in the interviews. Another difficult race today, I'm afraid.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Andrea Schlager (Servus TV) asked Krack some minutes ago (after seeing him talking with Lawrence Stroll) what they talked about:
"Getting faster as soon as possible".

Furthermore he told that STR didn't get "the best spare sparts" yesterday, as there was no time until Q, in the morning they adjusted some parts under FIA observation.

xReVo
xReVo

Seeing Alonso fighting for 9th position, with the Williams appearing even faster, is a shame. A 10 seater car after the start of last year, stuff to turn off the television for the whole season.