2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Tommy.G wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:34
This is why Hamilton is leaving!

Red Bull would have ordered Russell to move over and defend against Piastri!

Mercedes has always been undermining this guy! They can never put him No1…
he is leaving because he wants to be no1 .i like merc policy because they always allow their drivers to race.lewis still has 0.7 tenth advantage so he have pulled a move

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Merc gave George the better race strategy.

Whether it was accidental or not, it's not surprising to see Lewis pissed.

erudite450
erudite450

Bill wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:40
Tommy.G wrote:

he is leaving because he wants to be no1 .i like merc policy because they always allow their drivers to race.lewis still has 0.7 tenth advantage so he have pulled a move
What are you talking about? Everyone was stuck today. Even drivers with massive pace difference were stuck in the dirty air.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Bill wrote:
Tommy.G wrote:

Way to rewrite the facts. He is leaving because Merc wouldn't guarantee him a 3 year contract. It has nothing to do with wanting number 1. He's never been number 1 at any point in his career, has stated multiple times he just wants equal treatment. IMO that was a career defining mistake. Had he pushed on being number one at Mclaren and then at Merc like the Verstappens he would have had a boat load more wins and probably 9 WDC titles.

Luscion
Luscion

GrizzleBoy wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:44

Lewis said he had plenty of grip left everytime they would pit him, him and piastri were talking in the cool down room how it was so hard to overtake once you got into dirty air. So yea he's not a very happy camper rn, can't blame him after leading the race for so long

mkay
mkay

GrizzleBoy wrote:

Hamilton had plenty of opportunity to pass Russell but couldn't get it done. He wasn't decisive enough when it mattered.

Poor exits out of Paul Frere and La Source did him in.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

I think Lewis's side of the garage were racing thinking that Russell was gonna stop.

Tommy.G
Tommy.G

Bill wrote:
Tommy.G wrote:

Look at McLaren!

Piastri leads the whole race at Hungary, gets the wrong strategy and ends up behind Norris! They invert them!

Same thing happened with Hamilton! They gave him the wrong strategy…so why not invert at the end?

Cause he’s leaving probably…

proteus

GrizzleBoy wrote:

He could drive faster and overtake.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

PlatinumZealot

GrizzleBoy wrote:

Nah i disagree. He got lucky that is all. Today passing was tougher than it used to be here. Shorter DRS and new grippy surface.

Lewis should have lunged on that** lap. He was too kind.

All the same. Happy for George. 3 wins. Certainly a driver of his calibre is deserving of more. Lewis already has 104 of them.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Peter Piper

Luscion wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:36
Peter Piper wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:35
Lol, Lewis blaming the team. He's not a happy bunny.

"I had tyres left but the team pulled me in"
I wouldn't be after losing out to my teammate behind while controlling the race for most of it
I've no problem with him being annoyed at that, but instantly blaming the team for what was actually his fault (Russell felt the tyres could go to the end and suggested it) isn't very classy.

Tommy.G
Tommy.G

Hammerfist wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:45
Bill wrote:
Tommy.G wrote:

Way to rewrite the facts. He is leaving because Merc wouldn't guarantee him a 3 year contract. It has nothing to do with wanting number 1. He's never been number 1 at any point in his career, has stated multiple times he just wants equal treatment. IMO that was a career defining mistake. Had he pushed on being number one at Mclaren and then at Merc like the Verstappens he would have had a boat load more wins and probably 9 WDC titles.
=D> =D> =D>

Too difficult for some to comprehend probably…

Holm86

They really have to let Perez go tomorrow

Spacepace

Hamilton had to come in early to cover the undercut. Russell, Sainz, Norris and Verstappen were really the only drivers that would have been able to pull off a one stop. It was a hail Mary call and it just so happened to work. Was sure that those tyres would have hit the wall at lap 40 but they held on

madsonit
madsonit

A weird series of events. But what could have been controlled ended with an ever weirder ending in this race for Mercedes. Will damage Lewis’s morale and might hurt his pace going forward not trusting the team.

George’s win is also Lewis’ merit, since he made the right passes at the right time, not allowing McLaren to go ahead in clean air. Yes, George drove a great race but he would not be there if Lewis didn’t set all that up for him in the first half of the race.

The team should’ve switched them at the end but chose arguably the unfair way to go. Totally makes sense why Lewis chose to leave. Anway, on to next one after the break.