2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
cplchanb
cplchanb

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

madsonit wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:18
AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:12
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:11
That Lewis interview..... As i said, No other team would of done that to there lead driver.
Hamilton is just looking for someone to blame. Russell refused the 2 stop.

Good drive by both drivers. Russell made the decisive call. This is a pattern in Hamilton's career compared to Russell. Russell always prefers to make the strat calls. Hamilton prefers to let the team make the call and then complain when it doesn't work at the end.
It’s not really that simple. If Lewis, in what was probably the third fastest car this weekend, didn’t make the right passes at the right time and didn’t keep the lead, if the McLaren was p1 they would’ve went in the distance since they had the better car and there would have been no chance at all for George to win. Lewis has a lot of merit in this team result and the team should’ve played nice with him and repaid his great work for the team in the first half of race. But it’s clear the team don’t care about him that much. Also, probably they didn’t even tell him George was on a one stop so he managed his race thinking George would stop. There is no way to go around this, Merc screwed Lewis on this one and he drove the best race out of anyone on the grid today. He deserved that win on merit. George was great, but got the win on the gamble more than on his driving.
yup pretty miuch this... lewis did all the right things pushing the other teams strats and putting himself in the position to win only to get cherry picked at the end. he said he had plenty of paced on both stints when he pitted... and there was no HAMMER TIME as well.... i think had he was given that codeword he wouldve been behind george much sooner... also seeing that he stuck behind him for the last few laps there was a general expectation that george wouldve let him by easier instead of die hard defence.

erudite450
erudite450

AR3-GP wrote:
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
That Lewis interview..... As i said, No other team would of done that to there lead driver.

Good drive by both drivers. Russell made the decisive call. This is a pattern in Hamilton's career compared to Russell. Russell always prefers to make the strat calls. Hamilton prefers to let the team make the call and then complain when it doesn't work at the end.
It's easy to make a start call when you have nothing to lose.

I shouldn't engage with you because I know you are just trolling. If Hamilton had stayed out, he would have been dissed by the likes of you.

The fact that no one else (not even the Redbulls) tried the one stop showed how much it was unexpected.

Every other team on the grid would have switched two drivers on different strategies.

SKYnRacing24

Only positive i can take is Lewis's demon race pace. Surprised by Merc's pace and deg on a old config, What would the pace have been on the new config lool Interesting second half for sure.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Luscion
Luscion

erudite450
erudite450

Anyway, Land Norris who's always running his mouth about quickest car has only managed one lucky win in 7+ races where he's had the quickest car. He's barely out scored Hamilton in that time.

Russell and Piastri are the only ones of the younger drivers who can push Verstappen.

erudite450
erudite450

erudite450 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:24
AR3-GP wrote:
SKYnRacing24 wrote:

It's easy to make a strat call when you have nothing to lose.

I shouldn't engage with you because I know you are just trolling. If Hamilton had stayed out, he would have been dissed by the likes of you.

The fact that no one else (not even the Redbulls) tried the one stop showed how much it was unexpected.

Every other team on the grid would have switched two drivers on different strategies.

Luscion
Luscion

Toto said the simulations were showing Russell finishing p5 so they kept him out because he had nothing to lose, that the strat worked against Lewis but they had to cover Leclerc and Norris.

https://racingnews365.com/wolff-explain ... belgian-gp

Lewis also not happy

JordanMugen

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
George Russell is the lead driver! :)

Mercedes maximised the team result nicely.

Russell does like a Hail Mary, for better or worse (Canadian 2023 qualifying was a diaster IIRC). :lol:

erudite450 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:24
McLaren should have tried the one-stop with both cars. Piastri was 5s ahead of Russell when he pitted (after just setting a purple lap?!), while Norris had 5 laps newer tyres than Russell. :)

Luscion
Luscion

Shov said the issues were not the upgrades but a mechanical issue they found and fixed and the upgrades will be on the car in zandvoort

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1052865/1 ... belgian-gp

SKYnRacing24

Yeah rightly so (That Hamilton race post tweet). That debrief will be intense behind close doors. You have a race like that and from a driver of Hamilton's calibre where you feel you were maximising the cars potential to have it taken away from a team mate who wasn't in the same postcode at certain parts of the race...you would be fuming but this has happened before. AUSTRIA 2016 Lewis would of lost out without that contact.

After that win in silverstone where it took years to get that win to having a win took away from you IN HOUSE. Thats going to sting. This team has shown again they see Hamilton as 2nd part. I don't expect more wins from his side of the garage because of internal politics.

Now im seing how Russell is the new tyre whisper and he can manage his tyres as good as Hamilton lmao.

https://www.racefans.net/2023/09/20/rus ... trategies/

Just leaving this here.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Venturiation
Venturiation

They decided one stop strategy for lewis before the race and inverted without telling him

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

If the team didn't actually tell Lewis that Geirge was on the one stop or update him on the laptimes etc then he's going to be fuming.

Luscion
Luscion

Russell could be DSQ'ed..... :roll:

atanatizante

BREAKING NEWS from Sky F1:

it seems that RUS` car was underweight after the race scrutineering ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Luscion wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 17:57
Russell could be DSQ'ed..... :roll:

https://i.imgur.com/IXg5gUz.jpeg
Monumental blunder from the team holy hell